Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#625314 - 10/16/06 03:34 PM When did I get so old?
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
So this weekend, I was watching some of my favorite rap videos on VH1 and then later I watched the Fresh Prince on Nick at Night... Then it came to me, when I was a kid VH1 and Nick at Night were what the old people watched... What the heck happened??

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#625315 - 10/16/06 03:38 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
You grew up during all those years traveling with the circus. Time flies when your having fun!

Return to Top
#625316 - 10/16/06 03:49 PM Re: When did I get so old?
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Come on now Slappy, I've got shirts that are older than you!

Return to Top
#625317 - 10/16/06 03:40 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
SHCB, for me, it was sometime when I was 29. Then gravity seemed to change drastically on the planet and caused things to move where they weren't when was younger.

Return to Top
#625318 - 10/16/06 03:46 PM Re: When did I get so old?
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I just had to open this post today, I may not be asking myself that question for the same reason but today I'm wondering "how did I get this old????"

Went to Great America this Saturday with my hubbie, first time at "Fright Fest" and have not been there in years, probably 15 or more. We use to take our boys every summer when they were growing up but I don't remember being this tired after a day there before. We got there at 10 when it opened and left around 4:00 and fell asleep on the couch long before bedtime Then did a 3.2 mile walk for the local cancer support organization on Sunday morning, baked two batches of cookies for work, watched the Steeler game and I needed to come to work to recover from the weekend. When I was younger this would have been a normal weekend but this one just made me feel old.

Return to Top
#625319 - 10/16/06 04:05 PM Re: When did I get so old?
TTC Queen Offline
Diamond Poster
Oklahoma
Jeeze! I aged about a decade just reading about your weekend.

Return to Top
#625320 - 10/16/06 04:17 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Old is when my favorite songs from my teenage years show up on the oldies stations...

Return to Top
#625321 - 10/16/06 04:39 PM Re: When did I get so old?
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Quote:

I just had to open this post today, I may not be asking myself that question for the same reason but today I'm wondering "how did I get this old????"

Went to Great America this Saturday with my hubbie, first time at "Fright Fest" and have not been there in years, probably 15 or more. We use to take our boys every summer when they were growing up but I don't remember being this tired after a day there before. We got there at 10 when it opened and left around 4:00 and fell asleep on the couch long before bedtime Then did a 3.2 mile walk for the local cancer support organization on Sunday morning, baked two batches of cookies for work, watched the Steeler game and I needed to come to work to recover from the weekend. When I was younger this would have been a normal weekend but this one just made me feel old.

I know what you mean corky...I left work 15 minutes early Friday for an eye appointment. Then had to get some stuff at Wal-Mart. Then I had to get my daughter ready for her first boy/girl Halloween party. Then I fed my son and boyfriend supper, made 8 dozen cookies for Saturday and did countless loads of laundry before picking my daughter up at 11. Saturday we were up early at my son's football game, left there loaded the 4wheeler and headed to my sisters. Had to make multiple stops on the way...McDonalds, gas station (twice), and western store. We shot skeet, bbq'ed and had a bon fire at my sisters and I didnt get home until 2am. Sunday I managed one load of laundry and making lunch. That was it. I couldnt do anything else. I was done.

Return to Top
#625322 - 10/16/06 04:33 PM Re: When did I get so old?
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Quote:

I know what you mean corky...I left work 15 minutes early Friday for an eye appointment. Then had to get some stuff at Wal-Mart. Then I had to get my daughter ready for her first boy/girl Halloween party. Then I fed my son and boyfriend supper, made 8 dozen cookies for Saturday and did countless loads of laundry before picking my daughter up at 11. Saturday we were up early at my son's football game, left there loaded the 4wheeler and headed to my sisters. Had to make multiple stops on the way...McDonalds, gas station (twice), and western store. We shot skeet, bbq'ed and had a bon fire at my sisters and I didnt get home until 2am. Sunday I managed one load of laundry and making lunch. That was it. I couldnt do anything else. I was done.

Can you come over and do my laundry?

Return to Top
#625323 - 10/16/06 04:51 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Went out Octoberfesting this weekend. It was fun but Sunday I was exhausted. In high school I could run 48 hours and better without sleep. Now if I don't get 8 hours a night I don't function well.

Return to Top
#625324 - 10/16/06 04:59 PM Re: When did I get so old?
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can you come over and do my laundry?

I don't know, how much to you pay per load?? Did you want it just washed or did you need things ironed?? I have been working on "teaching" my hubbie to do laundry so I don't have to do so much of it but maybe it could be a side job!!!

Return to Top
#625325 - 10/16/06 05:10 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
It's weird... Five years ago I used words like; party, rave, beer bong, bong, and "Hey sexy"... Now I'm married with two kids and my vocabulary has changed to; 401K, Career, Job security, Rent, Bills, and Credit...

Return to Top
#625326 - 10/16/06 05:12 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Rie A Offline
Platinum Poster
Rie A
Maryland
Quote:

Old is when my favorite songs from my teenage years show up on the oldies stations...

Funny to find this post today. Last night I was listening to the radio and was really enjoying the station I landed on, until I realized that not only was it playing the music I listened to when I was in High School, but it is call Classic Rewind.

Darn, when did that happen?

Return to Top
#625327 - 10/16/06 05:30 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
My mom just congratulated me on being an old woman because I have a corn on my toe. (I'm 31!)

Return to Top
#625328 - 10/16/06 05:26 PM Re: When did I get so old?
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

It's weird... Five years ago I used words like; party, rave, beer bong, bong, and "Hey sexy"... Now I'm married with two kids and my vocabulary has changed to; 401K, Career, Job security, Rent, Bills, and Credit...

BINGO...that's when you got old. The minute your first child was born you became an old clown.

...but come on Clowns are more sexy the older they get...right?

Return to Top
#625329 - 10/16/06 05:55 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Spenser Offline
Washington state
I think old is when the songs I liked in high school are used in commercials..........

Return to Top
#625330 - 10/16/06 05:58 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Two words

Classic Rock

Return to Top
#625331 - 10/16/06 05:55 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Classic Rock........sounds so good, yet so depressing.
I knew I was getting old when the oldies stations quit playing the 50's & 60's music and switched to 70's & 80's.

Return to Top
#625332 - 10/16/06 05:59 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Happy Birthday Gregk Offline
100 Club
The Dark Side of the Moon
Quote:

Ah, but just like the lyrics from the old Carly Simon song Anticipation- "these are the good old days", in 20 years these will be the good old days

Return to Top
#625333 - 10/16/06 06:11 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Rap videos? Really? I cannot understand the words in them. I do better with foreign languages.

I much prefer music from the mid-50's to the mid60's, prior to the drug induced music anti-war music.

Return to Top
#625334 - 10/16/06 06:18 PM Re: When did I get so old?
CAWorkingGirl Offline
Gold Star
Try This....Your driving in the car with your 14 year old daughter with the Radio on, a song comes on..you both start singing along...YUP, its a Remake!! But of course it has a "Tha-Tha-Tha-thump" beat in it so your version of it is wayyy off in timing and your daughter tells you to stop signing because your "totally ruining it".

UGHHHH...NOOO The Remake is ruining it!!

Return to Top
#625335 - 10/16/06 06:54 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
LOL! And of course you turned it up so your car vibrated to the beat!

Return to Top
#625336 - 10/16/06 07:36 PM Re: When did I get so old?
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

I could run 48 hours and better without sleep...

Did you run marathons?

Return to Top
#625337 - 10/16/06 07:47 PM Re: When did I get so old?
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
It felt like it sometimes, TICG. At least I wasn't so tired after it like I am now!

Return to Top
#625338 - 10/16/06 07:58 PM Re: When did I get so old?
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
When I was in college I used to show up at the bar around 11:00 p.m., stay till close, hit an after-hours party until 4:00 - 5:00 a.m., go home, take a nap and get up for class. I did this every day in a row for months at a time. Now if I'm not asleep by midnight I'm a wreck the next day. Sucks to be old.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3