BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#627039 - 10/20/06 12:53 PM Down go my Mets
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Well, much to the delight of every front running Yankee fan trying to relive the late 90's, the Mets went down last night in game 7. Im not going to say how the Mets outlasted the Yanks or even had an equal numebr of wins, b/c the bottom line is they didnt win the World Series. But all that being said, I think the youngsters looked good and I think the Mets will be a constant in the playoff pictures.( Assuming no major injuries, PEDRO!!! )

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#627040 - 10/20/06 01:01 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
That was a great game ACBank. That take away of a home run of Rolen in the sixth inning (I think) was one of the best catches and plays I have ever seen in the playoffs.

Being from the Midwest and having grown up as a Cardinal fan, I was pleased to see them win. No one gave them a chance. Everyone thought it was going to be an all New York World Series, but that is why they play the games.
Last edited by Creditcop; 10/20/06 01:02 PM.
Return to Top
#627041 - 10/20/06 01:02 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10

Return to Top
#627042 - 10/20/06 01:13 PM Re: Down go my Mets
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Endy's catch was unreal. I had about 10 people over and after that catch, there was 10 spilled drinks on my floor. I dont think St. Louie was that much of an underdog, especially with A-Bomb, as we call him in NY, in the line up every night. Its just that both the Mets and Yanks beat up their respective leagues so easily, especially the Mets, that an all NY series looked highly possibly. What will interest me is, will the Tigers mop the Cards? The NL has looked very weak this year and I wonder if it will show in the Series?

Return to Top
#627043 - 10/20/06 01:23 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Sorry ACB....nope, not really.....Missouri Girl says GO CARDINALS!! Here's to hoping they kick butt in Detroit!

Return to Top
#627044 - 10/20/06 01:36 PM Re: Down go my Mets
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Not sure why, but I wanted to see the Mets win (How can a Red Sox fan say that after the 1986 fiasco?) Anyway, it was a great series, and the World Series should be great. I will be interestign to see if the time off has cooled down the Tigers.

Return to Top
#627045 - 10/20/06 01:31 PM Re: Down go my Mets
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I never thought the Cards had a chance, at least since they banned steriods...

Return to Top
#627046 - 10/20/06 01:50 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Quote:

Sorry ACB....nope, not really.....Missouri Girl says GO CARDINALS!! Here's to hoping they kick butt in Detroit!

BJ...hate to burst your bubble...but the Cards don't have a chance against the Tigers.

Return to Top
#627047 - 10/20/06 01:52 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
It was a great game last night, and not just because I was rooting for the Cardinals. Good pitching, good defense, close the whole way.

A few observations:
1. If Chavez were right-handed, he probably would not have made that catch (had to be one of the all time unbelievable plays, given the situation).
2. The Mets entered the playoffs with a depleted starting rotation, but the pitching (except for Billy Wagner) didn't really let them down. The hitting, or lack thereof, did.
3. Will the extended rest of the Tigers hurt them? Or will the tiredness of the Cardinals hurt them? It's a reply of the 1968 World Series, and I'm hoping for a different result this time (Mickey Lolich isn't pitching for the Tigers anymore).
4. Bottom line: I don't care who wins. I'm just happy that neither the Yankees nor the Mets are there.

Return to Top
#627048 - 10/20/06 01:43 PM Re: Down go my Mets
dgp Offline
100 Club
Mr. 3-13 pithced a heck of a game last night. The Mets played a heck of a game last night. The entire 7 game series was great and very much in doubt untill the final pitch was made. With all that said, I am a Cardinal fan and still on cloud nine this morning.

Return to Top
#627049 - 10/20/06 02:03 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
This was one of the great playoff games of all time, and I'm not just saying that as a Cardinals' fan. The great start by Perez, the play by Chavez, the gritty performance by Suppan to pitch around both the error and the momentum shift that Chavez's play had given the Mets, the home run from the light-hitting catcher, and the bases-loaded strikeout of Beltran, a certified Cardinal-killer. What a game.

I think Detroit is going to be loaded for bear, regardless of any layoff.

Return to Top
#627050 - 10/20/06 02:05 PM Re: Down go my Mets
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Quote:

It was a great game last night, and not just because I was rooting for the Cardinals. Good pitching, good defense, close the whole way.

A few observations:
1. If Chavez were right-handed, he probably would not have made that catch (had to be one of the all time unbelievable plays, given the situation).
2. The Mets entered the playoffs with a depleted starting rotation, but the pitching (except for Billy Wagner) didn't really let them down. The hitting, or lack thereof, did.
3. Will the extended rest of the Tigers hurt them? Or will the tiredness of the Cardinals hurt them? It's a reply of the 1968 World Series, and I'm hoping for a different result this time (Mickey Lolich isn't pitching for the Tigers anymore).
4. Bottom line: I don't care who wins. I'm just happy that neither the Yankees nor the Mets are there.

I can understand hating on the Yanks, its every NON-NYer's right to hate them. But hate the Mets? The Mets are young guys who enjoy the game. Im not sure why you wouldnt want the Mets in the series?

Return to Top
#627051 - 10/20/06 02:09 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
I've always hated the Mets.

Return to Top
#627052 - 10/20/06 02:10 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Ms. B. They may not have a chance, then again, you just never know. I'll cheer them on either way.

Return to Top
#627053 - 10/20/06 02:12 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

Quote:

A few observations:

I can understand hating on the Yanks, its every NON-NYer's right to hate them. But hate the Mets? The Mets are young guys who enjoy the game. Im not sure why you wouldnt want the Mets in the series?

I don't like ANY New York-New Jersey professional team in ANY sport. Some I dislike more than others. There are individual players on the teams whom I do respect and admire, though; Derek Jeter and Tiki Barber come to mind.

Return to Top
#627054 - 10/20/06 03:22 PM Re: Down go my Mets
KLouise Offline
100 Club
Missouri
GO CARDS!!!!

I agree, as long as the Yankees aren't in the Series....

Return to Top
#627055 - 10/20/06 03:32 PM Re: Down go my Mets
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Tiki Barber is a prime example of what is right with NY sports. He is a professional who is never in the news for anything negative. He volunteers his time to help children and the less fortunate. If he retires, he will be missed. And all this comes from a Jets fan.

Return to Top
#627056 - 10/20/06 03:24 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Quote:

Ms. B. They may not have a chance, then again, you just never know. I'll cheer them on either way.

LOL!! BJ...I'm just given ya' a hard time. My team isn't there so I don't really care who wins (it should be a good series).

Return to Top
#627057 - 10/20/06 03:57 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
I knew you were just giving me a hard time Ms. B. I wouldn't expect anything less from you. *LOL*

Return to Top
#627058 - 10/20/06 04:56 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
As most of you know I've been a Cardinals fan (although a quite one) since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I will definitely be rooting them on, but they are going to have a hard road to maneuver to handle the Tigers.

And to be honest, if the Tigers do win, I won't be that disappointed, but I will be disappointed for the Cardinals.

Return to Top
#627059 - 10/20/06 05:44 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
USA Today had an interview with a scout today who predicted Detroit in 3...

Personally, I'd like to see a 6-7 game series, because the fans deserve to see the Tigers win at home. (119 losses still leaves a bad taste.)

Return to Top
#627060 - 10/20/06 05:55 PM Re: Down go my Mets
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Must be a scout for the Cubs.

Return to Top
#627061 - 10/20/06 05:56 PM Re: Down go my Mets
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Quote:

Personally, I'd like to see a 6-7 game series, because the fans deserve to see the Tigers win at home. (119 losses still leaves a bad taste.)

Detroit in THREE games!?!?! That scout should be FIRED!

Return to Top