Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#63004 - 02/25/03 03:28 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
DH? Anyway, I drank so much caffeine in college, it doesn't have much of an effect on me anymore.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#63005 - 02/25/03 03:37 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
Caffeine has never had any affect on me. When Midnight rolls around it doesn't matter if I've had 10 cups of coffee and a 24 ozer of MtDew, I'm out like a light.

Return to Top
#63006 - 02/25/03 03:42 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
DH= D--- Husband. Insert appropriate term of endearment or damnation, depending on mood.

Return to Top
#63007 - 02/25/03 03:42 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Midnight? Heck, I'm in bed by 10:30 on most weekends. I guess my farmer grandfather has something to do with it. Up and to bed with the chickens.

Return to Top
#63008 - 02/25/03 03:56 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
Ahhh, my morning diet coke fix from McDs. The morning drive up guy recognizes my voice....sad, but true.

Return to Top
#63009 - 02/25/03 03:59 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
BettyBoop Offline
100 Club
Penna.
I'm still learning all the abbreviations

Return to Top
#63010 - 02/25/03 04:12 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What about

Whata-size for Whataburgers!!

OK...OK...I'm from Texas!!

Return to Top
#63011 - 02/25/03 04:18 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
1 Peter 5:7 Offline
Diamond Poster
1 Peter 5:7
TX
Whataburger. We'd never heard of it when we moved to Oklahoma. We began to hear radio spots for what sounded like "Waterburger" [blame the local accent]. "What's a waterburger?" we asked.

Return to Top
#63012 - 02/25/03 04:22 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Quote:

However, the SECOND I have this baby, DH is going down the hall to the vending machine for my Diet Coke.

I wonder which term (DH) will be implied at that particular moment???

Return to Top
#63013 - 02/25/03 04:28 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have recently started to use this site and have found it helpful. What I don't understand is why the non-business posts (frivolity) get the most replies. I had posted a couple general procedure questions and got minimal replies. I know every bank does the items I had posted. I guess they spent their time replying to items like this.

Return to Top
#63014 - 02/25/03 04:37 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
Anon - If you've posted something that's not getting the response you'd like, it's probably one of 2 things: 1) it's something that's already been discussed, in which case you should do a search on the threads, or 2) You've posted it in the wrong forum and the bankers reading your post aren't as knowledgeable on that subject (for example, I'm in security so I don't respond to many of the compliance questions.)

As for frivolity - A lot of BOLers go online after hours.

Return to Top
#63015 - 02/25/03 04:43 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
In some cases, what may look like a waste of time, is actually a change of pace, a release. This is often needed and leads to more of a community environment than a stuffy discussion of the finer points of 226.18(c)(i).

As to responses to your question, you can always reply yourself with the word "bump" to bring it back up in case it was skipped because of time crunches or something else. Some questions just don't get as many answers because of the wording, the request being to general, etc.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#63016 - 02/25/03 04:43 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another thing is that members typically know who the regulars are and may not flock to an anonymous post. Also, the substantive posts are typically answered within 1 or two posts. Do you really want 185 posts giving the same answer that post #2 gave???

Return to Top
#63017 - 02/25/03 04:50 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

I wonder which term (DH) will be implied at that particular moment???

Depends on how well the drugs are working.......

Return to Top
#63018 - 02/25/03 04:51 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Quote:

What about Whata-size for Whataburgers!!
OK...OK...I'm from Texas!!

In my home town, there was a little burger joint called Mr. Frisky's. They supposedly had the best burgers around. I've never eaten one, however. The name just sounds a little too much like cat food to me!

Return to Top
#63019 - 02/25/03 04:58 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Quote:

Another thing is that members typically know who the regulars are and may not flock to an anonymous post. Also, the substantive posts are typically answered within 1 or two posts. Do you really want 185 posts giving the same answer that post #2 gave???

Well said. Yes, frivolity posts get a lot of "press", but you will also find lengthy threads on banking "hot topics" like USA PATRIOT, BSA, etc.

Return to Top
#63020 - 02/25/03 05:21 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
It's sad to say but, White Castle is one of my guy's favorites!

Return to Top
#63021 - 02/25/03 05:28 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Hey, White Castles are a square meal!

Around here, they are sometimes referred to as "Murder Burgers" (you'll see why about, oh, an hour or so after you eat the little stinkers).

Return to Top
#63022 - 02/25/03 05:30 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My fiance is southern and can't stand White Castle but LOVES Krystal. I honestly don't know the difference except Krystal uses mustard.

Return to Top
#63023 - 02/25/03 05:30 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

In my home town, there was a little burger joint called Mr. Frisky's. They supposedly had the best burgers around. I've never eaten one, however. The name just sounds a little too much like cat food to me!

But do they Lion Size their meals?

Return to Top
#63024 - 02/25/03 05:46 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
Quote:

.... Do you really want 185 posts giving the same answer that post #2 gave???

I've noticed, on BOL and other forums I am a member of, that if you get one reply that is well thought out, clear, refers to relevant rules, regulations and previous experience, that few people will add more replies as everything has been said that needs to be said. I guess that it would be nice if at least a couple of people added "I agree".

If I am the person who posts the last item on a thread then I usually assume that I must have said something (everything? ) right.

Return to Top
#63025 - 02/25/03 05:51 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
I agree with you, WildTurkey

Return to Top
#63026 - 02/25/03 05:51 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Hey, White Castles are a square meal!

Around here, they are sometimes referred to as "Murder Burgers" (you'll see why about, oh, an hour or so after you eat the little stinkers).

White Castle are the best. We call them "Gut Bombs." I love the taste of them. We used to have competitions to see who could eat the most. I hit about 35 once. Didn't feel so great, but who would. I can't find them up here. I miss those days.

Return to Top
#63027 - 02/25/03 05:52 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

If I am the person who posts the last item on a thread then I usually assume that I must have said something (everything? ) right.

Ok, I'm going to start looking at it that way! I always thought I was the plague that drove everyone away. As soon as I answer or post a question, no one else responds!

Return to Top
#63028 - 02/25/03 05:53 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
Quote:

DH? Anyway, I drank so much caffeine in college, it doesn't have much of an effect on me anymore.

I used to think that too, until I realised that the intense pounding headache that I developed on Saturday evening and that grew worse through Sunday was caffeine withdrawal.

I solved the problem first by drinking a cup of coffee on Saturday and Sunday (I had been an office-only coffee drinker). Then I cut down progressively - but it took a while to break the habit completely. I got down to a couple of cups a week, but still got the headaches if I tried to stop. In the end I went cold-turkey () - and suffered the headaches for two or three days.

I had a coffee about a month back and still got the headaches next day. Grrrr! .... but I love a good coffee, it's almost worth the pain!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4