Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#630169 - 10/26/06 06:29 PM Edcomm's Online Training Courses
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
I just went through a demo for online compliance training through The Edcomm Group and thought it looked easier to manage than what we currently use. Unfortunately, that's what I thought about the last one I switched to! Any Edcomm users out there that could give me some likes and dislikes about the product?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#630170 - 10/26/06 06:53 PM Re: Edcomm's Online Training Courses
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
No firsthand experience. Thought their product demo was great. However, when it came down to pricing, they were like triple the other companies around.

Return to Top
#630171 - 10/26/06 07:37 PM Re: Edcomm's Online Training Courses
A_G Online
10K Club
We use BankersEdge here. I have no idea about the cost or how well it manages on the "other" side of things - but as a user I find it very user friendly and I do actually learn a lot from it.

Return to Top
#630172 - 10/26/06 09:08 PM Re: Edcomm's Online Training Courses
Linda Eagle Offline
New Poster
Linda Eagle
I might be able to tell you more about Edcomm's courses, but I'm not sure it would be very ethical or fair - I'm Edcomm's President

My name is Linda Eagle. I am very happy to hear you both saying you like our courses.

I'd like to tell you that our pricing is totally competitive - in fact we are committed to matching any competitor's pricing.

If anyone has any questions about this, please feel free to call me at 888-433-2666 or email me at linda.eagle@edcomm.com

Thanks!

Linda

Dr. Linda Eagle
President
The Edcomm Group
888-4-EDCOMM
linda.eagle@edcomm.com
www.edcomm.com
www.bankersacademy.com

Return to Top
#630173 - 10/27/06 05:34 PM Re: Edcomm's Online Training Courses
CAWorkingGirl Offline
Gold Star
We use Edcomm Compliance training as part of our New hire training. It is just enough information to "familiarize" new Tellers/Retail Staff with compliance/Regs/terminology without overloading them.

As the new hires get more comfortable with their jobs and if a Regulation comes up they need to refresh on they can simply go back into Edcomm and re-take that one section. This is why I love the Edcomm online training, supervisors can use it as a tool to help their staff "review" certain portions, over and over if needed.

Return to Top
#630174 - 10/27/06 06:36 PM Re: Edcomm's Online Training Courses
Night Train Offline
Diamond Poster
Night Train
Down South
Hs anyone out there used Regulatory University's online training? I went through a 45 minutes demo with Reg U yesterday and it seems very user friendly. I have used BankersEdge from the employee side and the management side and both are user friendly. LE, can you give me additional information regarding Edcomm? We are going with an online training provider SOON and I would like to have more options. Thank you

Return to Top
#630175 - 10/27/06 08:28 PM Re: Edcomm's Online Training Courses
noctrl02 Offline
100 Club
Chicago, IL
We're in the process of introducing BVS's system and it is really easy to setup. A previous FI that I was with used Digital University. With DU, you read a few chapters and take a quiz - though most everyone went right to the quiz and skipped the reading.

Return to Top
#630176 - 10/30/06 01:42 AM Re: Edcomm's Online Training Courses
Linda Eagle Offline
New Poster
Linda Eagle
Thank you "By Train" for requesting additional information about Edcomm’s Compliance training. Again I want to be sure to identify myself as Edcomm’s president, Linda Eagle, so I won’t pretend to be objective, but I will be candid about the differences between the programs. Most of the training is user friendly, that’s pretty easy with today’s technology. But that’s not all you need to ask yourself. Here are the 3 main questions: (1) will this program teach our associates to be compliant? (2) will this program reduce risk to the bank? (3) will this program give the examiners everything they need and want – will it show our commitment to compliance? Edcomm’s got the most robust tracking and reporting – it’s accurate, it lets associates switch positions and carry training forward with an automatic gap analysis, it keeps track of multiple years, it has multiple viewing levels, and more. The examiners love it. As for pricing, Edcomm will meet any competitor’s price. If you’re seriously interested call me and I’ll be glad to give you other banks to speak with!

Linda

Dr. Linda Eagle
President
The Edcomm Group
888-4-EDCOMM
linda.eagle@edcomm.com
www.edcomm.com
www.bankersacademy.com

Return to Top