Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#63054 - 02/26/03 03:06 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
If you want a BIG burger, go to Fuddruckers. I had a one-pounder there once. I was really hungry and figured I could eat 4, 1/4pounders. But a one pounder was to much to handle. It is served on a bun that seemed the size of a small cake. Onions, mushrooms, ummm um. You put your own fixins on it. Great burger.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
General Discussion
#63055 - 02/26/03 02:46 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Fuddruckers also offers a very large veggie burger option, which is really nice. Hard to find good veggie burgers in commercial establishments (BK's is really gross.)

Return to Top
#63056 - 02/26/03 03:26 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
Y'all are makin' me hungry. I hate to admit it, but the best burger I ever had was one of the gas station burgers you nuke. Now it's time to hit the vending machine.

Return to Top
#63057 - 02/26/03 03:34 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Being a person that bans red meat from my diet, I can't comment on burgers, however I can comment on Veggie Burgers. We have a few vegetarian establishments up here in WI and they sure know how to make vegetarians happy. Its been so long since I have eaten red meat that I have no idea what it tastes like. GASP!

Return to Top
#63058 - 02/26/03 03:47 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I can't cut out red meat b/c I am borderline anemic and need the iron, but I do appreciate a good veggie burger! The best one I ever had is made by a little burger joint in the tunnels under downtown Dallas. I wish I could go get one today!!

Return to Top
#63059 - 02/26/03 05:30 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
There are a few burger joints around West Texas called Buns Over Texas. You get a neat plastic cup with every drink (I know college students who own these exclusively), the burgers are great, and the cheese fries are absolutely heavenly! They even have green chile to go on the burgers (even though it is kinda wimpy green chile).

Return to Top
#63060 - 02/26/03 07:49 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
I think I'm just going to have to have bergers for dinner. Though I don't know what the hubby will have. (not a veggie burger lovin' type of vegetarian)

Return to Top
#63061 - 02/26/03 08:38 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
Having cut red meat from my diet as well, I can agree with the comments on the veggie burger. It's a good alternative. I tend to overeat when I am stressed but for the last few weeks during a compliance exam, midpoint monitoring and getting ready for IT and BSA/AML exam I have tried just the opposite... I watch every bite I put in my mouth, cut out the red meat and eat mostly vegetarian. I've lost 30 pounds since first of December. It beats having an extra 30 pounds to deal with when all the examiners have gone away......if they EVER go away!!

Return to Top
#63062 - 02/26/03 09:22 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Quote:

...but for the last few weeks during a compliance exam, midpoint monitoring and getting ready for IT and BSA/AML exam ......if they EVER go away!!

We'll be thinking of you. Exit interviews this morning, YEA, finish HMDA-CRA submission and start on their "to do" list while getting ready for CRA and Compliance exams. No matter how well you do, they always have a to do list. Good Luck to you.

Return to Top
#63063 - 02/26/03 09:41 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Quote:

I worked most of my career in Port Orchard and Bremerton though, commuting over the evil Hood Canal Bridge...alas not taking me by Fat Smitties. (or maybe that's good...i'd be the size of a small farm by now if I hit that joint every day).

Since I'm a newbie to BOL and to my compliance officer position, I often just sit back and read what is being posted, and I find myself relating to a lot of you in numerous ways (and learning one heckuva lot along the way!)

In fact, I must confess, I had the opportunity to apply for a loan officer position here (what I had previously wanted), but I actually passed it up because I'm enjoying my compliance position so much! Some of that is because of the "community" I see with all of you - believe me, I never, ever saw anything like this with lenders.

Anyway, Dawnie, to your travels...

I, too, lived and worked in Northwest Washington for a spell (as a loan officer - ha!), and I must agree with you about Fat Smitties - yum. Plus, the "ambiance" of the place was like no other.

Did you ever try Farknarkles in Silverdale? If you didn't, be grateful! It tasted as bad as it sounds!

Anyway, now that I'm in Montana, we have a little shop downtown called Burger Bobs, and Andy, if you can believe it, it is better than Fuddruckers. However, there is a big neon sign in the window that says "Sorry, we're open". I suppose that is to keep all the Californian and Texan (sorry, guys) travelers out. We locals like our lunch hours to ourselves!!

Return to Top
#63064 - 02/26/03 09:46 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Quote:

I watch every bite I put in my mouth, cut out the red meat and eat mostly vegetarian. I've lost 30 pounds since first of December.

WAY TO GO!!! THAT'S GREAT!!!

Return to Top
#63065 - 02/26/03 09:48 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
bwest, ooo, ooo, I think I found some of it.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#63066 - 02/26/03 09:49 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Rebekah,

Welcome to BOL! You're right - this is a tight-knit community of bankers. We're not out to steal each other's customers, so the give and take is much better than in other banker peer groups.

I know what you mean about the Texas tourists! I was born and raised in New Mexico. One of the toughest things about moving to Texas was getting used to Texans just being really nice people, instead of swarms of tourists that take over all the vacation spots! I do have to admit that for the most part, they're pretty nice people, and they don't mind when I'm a tourist in some of their 'vacation spots'!

Return to Top
#63067 - 02/26/03 09:54 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

bwest, ooo, ooo, I think I found some of it.

No, no, it's all right here with me. Keep telling me this will all go away in June......

Return to Top
#63068 - 02/26/03 10:07 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
EGB - Sorry, it won't ALL go away in June, but at least it won't be a part of you in the same way. But you'll still have to carry it around.

Had to edit this as my coworker pointed out the fact that a 30 pound baby wouldn't be so much fun to have.
Last edited by Michelle M; 02/26/03 10:11 PM.

Return to Top
#63069 - 02/26/03 10:28 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Quote:

We're not out to steal each other's customers

You mean you don't want my regulator?!? I'd be happy to share!

Actually, I do like Texans. One of my closest friends here is a Texas transplant from little ol' Stillwater (hmmm, maybe I'll ask her if she knows of Ken's "longhorned skull" gate - see "Texas Ice Storm" posts). I had great fun making fun of her when she first moved up here in June 2001. Ten days after she moved in, we were walloped by a humongous snowstorm. She was ready to pack her tank tops and shorts and flee back to the sunshine!

Anyway, thanks for the welcome! I hope to someday make to trip of my own to your great state!

Return to Top
#63070 - 02/26/03 11:11 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

Did you ever try Farknarkles in Silverdale? If you didn't, be grateful! It tasted as bad as it sounds!

Oh ya Rebekah I've been there. I remember when they opened! Their milkshakes were the BEST!

One day I was leaving there, just bought my new car and I pulled out at the stop sign, stopped (as I was suposed to) and was so entranced in the gossip of my assistant, and our hamburgers, I took my foot off the brake and slowly rolled into the car ahead of me.

I'll always remember that $800 Farknarkal hambuger fondly

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#63071 - 02/26/03 11:34 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Quote:

I'll always remember that $800 Farknarkal hambuger fondly

Ha!! LOL! For those of you who may be wondering why she had to concentrate on the burger (in her lap) so much, it is because the place was solely a drive-through joint, a glorified coffee hut, really. You had no choice but to juggle the burger, shake, steering wheel, and brakes all at once.

I will admit that the shakes were awesome, but $800 for that kangaroo meat puck? Ouch.

Return to Top
#63072 - 02/27/03 07:52 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
I'm beginning to think BOL may be hazardous to my health. After all the talk about burgers, I just had to go to White Castle for lunch. Four bacon cheeseburgers later I'm starting to regret it.

Hey, at least I didn't touch the fries!

Return to Top
#63073 - 02/27/03 08:41 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
LOL - my pregnancy internet group keeps doing that to each other too. Someone will mention a craving and before you know it, 16 women are off to McDonalds for chocolate shakes, or getting gyros, or whatever.

Return to Top
#63074 - 02/27/03 09:48 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
mmmmm chocolate shake....mmmm gotta go!

(Chocolate shakes are actually my hangover relief. My assistant knows if I've been out "working too hard" at night if I show up with a MacDonalds Chocolate Shake before 10. I worked for a doctor for many years, there is actually a medical explaination for why they work

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#63075 - 02/27/03 09:54 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
I have fond memories of summer trips to Montana. Fishing was always great, but nothing beats the huckleberry jam.

Karen

Return to Top
#63076 - 02/27/03 10:09 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
In college my hangover relief was always KFC - those Chicken Little s'wiches and a cherry soda. Mmmmmmmm. Unfortunately they don't make those s'wiches any more. But then again, I don't need them any more, either.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4