Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#62979 - 02/22/03 03:28 AM Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Everytime I go to BOL's homepage, it takes me back to my childhood when I used to watch McDonald's change their sign to show how many hamburgers have been served!

61,000 and counting? We need to get a life!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#62980 - 02/22/03 03:37 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

61,000 and counting? We need to get a life!

Do you want to biggie size that?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#62981 - 02/22/03 03:46 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Would anyone like fries with that?

I'm heading out for dinner and some wine. Meet ya'll back here in an hour? (Bonnie and Andy and I need to get a life right away)

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#62982 - 02/22/03 04:18 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

Do you want to biggie size that?

Out here it's "Would you like to SUPERsize that?"

Last time I said yes, they handed me a 5 gallon drum of soda and hay-bale size stack of fries! Needless to say, the first turn I took, the soda toppled over. I'm STILL finding errant fries throughout my car.

Return to Top
#62983 - 02/22/03 06:13 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I always wonder about the "Value" in supersize considering the costs of paper towels to clean up the mess, upholstry cleaner, and of course, dry cleaning when they hand me a bucket so full of soda it slops over the side after the lid has been squeezed down on the dang thing.

Do you think MackyD's also own's a string of auto detail/dry cleaning shops?

Return to Top
#62984 - 02/22/03 07:21 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

Do you think MackyD's also own's a string of auto detail/dry cleaning shops?

If not - they should!

Frankly, I wish they would offer a "lite" meal consisting of the small burger, small salad with at least one slice of tomato, small drink, and small non-fat yogurt parfait. I tried to send that suggestion to MickyD, but apparently, they refuse any and all suggestions that don't come from "internal" sources. Too bad - I'd be willing to fork over $4.00 for the combo. I'm just sick of mega fries!

I also hate the fact that most "breakfast" combos come with that ubiquitous slab of "hash browns", repleat with enough dripping oil to fuel a small compact car for at least a week. I wish instead I could just get the breakfast sandwhich with a small coffee and small juice, hold the congealed potatoes please!

Speaking of business ideas, I think places such as Kinko's and Mail Boxes, etc. could do a land office business by offering industrial shredding for so many cents per pound. Think of it - all you need is a tree chipper, a plastic collar around the opening for safety, and you'd probably have a line out the door of folks with shopping bags full of documents containing confidential personal information to be shredded.

Personally, I'm really starting to resent having to feed 75% of the contents of my mail box into my personal shredder at the rate of 5 pages at a time (not counting the fact that every 5 minutes, I have to empty the darn thing.)

And yes - I do find errant strips of shredded documents every which way throughout my house. My cat thinks they're GREAT fun!

Return to Top
#62985 - 02/22/03 07:26 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Dawnie,
I meant to tell you, and please don't take this the wrong way....BUT...

Your latest virtual representation looks a LOT like a Furby! Yes - the ever chattering, can't-you-get-that-&*^%-thing-to-shut-up! Furby!

eGads!

Return to Top
#62986 - 02/22/03 02:39 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow - y'all chat thru the night, do ya? And McDonalds as the key subject. I think that needs to become a whole new forum Maybe a new forum called "frivolity" should be established for those times when the boredom I call "banking" needs to be shelved.

Return to Top
#62987 - 02/22/03 05:48 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Dave - the message board lists the posting in Eastern Standard Time. Subtract a few hours for us out here in the left hand coast. Subtract a few more hours for those of us who are "sleep challenged" because we keep dreaming (nightmares!) about LAR entries!

Return to Top
#62988 - 02/22/03 06:28 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think maybe that is why Dawnie talks about wine so much - drink enough and those compliance nightmares go away.

Return to Top
#62989 - 02/23/03 12:09 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
And so what about those parents who let their children
get so fat?? The parents should be put in jail...
So poor Micky Dee is heading up the river becaue the parents have no control... how pathetic is that?

Return to Top
#62990 - 02/23/03 12:52 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

Dave - the message board lists the posting in Eastern Standard Time. Subtract a few hours for us out here in the left hand coast. Subtract a few more hours for those of us who are "sleep challenged" because we keep dreaming (nightmares!) about LAR entries!

Go to My Home > Display Preferences and Current server time is: and set it to your zone. (But it is still a minute or two off my PC clock.)

(Yes, it is sync'd with the atomic clock, or so my settings tell me.)
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#62991 - 02/23/03 01:58 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Mine was on the actual time unfortunately. I worked way too late that night! And yet the LR still calls me back today dang it.

So my big eyed kittie looks like a furby? Humm I'll have to look for anothe pic while I'm avoiding work later tonight.

I tried, drinking enough wine won't make the LR go away, but it does put me to sleep eventually, instead of dreaming of type ones and twos and non-profits...

::WHIP:: OK, work calls!

Return to Top
#62992 - 02/23/03 02:11 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Well, I had to go home as my network cut-off time is 5:00 p.m. this weekend.

I will say this however, while I still HATE HMDA, I absolutely LOVE the HMDA Helpline folks! I don't envy them either!

Andy - this post is a test to see if the time settings work. And BTW, right now I DO have a resemblance to Bill the Cat. (This is your brain - this is your brain on 3 hours sleep.)

Return to Top
#62993 - 02/23/03 04:08 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Super Size- McDonalds
Biggie Size- Wendy's
King Size- Burger King
Combo Plus- KFC

Return to Top
#62994 - 02/23/03 04:16 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Now what we all want to know is if you researched that...or you had all that information in your head Jac

I'm going out for Chinese, I think I'll have the bbq pork Biggie Sized

Return to Top
#62995 - 02/23/03 05:50 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

Super Size- McDonalds
Biggie Size- Wendy's
King Size- Burger King
Combo Plus- KFC

Way to much fast food for you, Jac.

Return to Top
#62996 - 02/23/03 10:03 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Quote:

And BTW, right now I DO have a resemblance to Bill the Cat. (This is your brain - this is your brain on 3 hours sleep.)

Bonnie, this is my desk during HMDA season. Last year was first at HMDA---I just thought that I hated HMDA---This is my first year at CRA reporting!!! I don't hate HMDA nearly as much as I hate CRA . Thank you BOL for the little oasis in this mess.

Return to Top
#62997 - 02/23/03 11:46 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I think the CRA reporters all get to have a BOL party on the 3rd. Whoever finds the most Community Development Loan buys the booze, and whoever had to scrub the hardest gets to sample the booze first

Return to Top
#62998 - 02/24/03 12:55 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

Bonnie, this is my desk during HMDA season.

And the bad part for ME is, since I'm also INFORMATION SECURITY Officer, I have to set the example in LOCKING all of this *&%% paper up every night!!!!

The reason I really hate HMDA so much is that it makes NO FREAKIN' sense whatsoever for a bank like ours to be reporting!!! HMDA becomes such a major pain in the butt for me because we do so few reportable loans that I am always scrambling to round them up. I still maintain that if a NON-DEPOSITORY lender can make 100 purchase money/refi loans (I think that's still the number) before they must report, WHY can't banks have the same threshold??

We are not a mortgage lender, and we do no advertising for consumer loans, so it's the odd application off the street, or the accomodation loans that are reported. Do the 20 or so odd loans I report really make a hill of beans worth of difference? We usually get one or two refi loans that hook us into HMDA for the next year. And they are always odd-situation refis.

Dawnie - as for that scrubbing, my MAIN headaches on the CRA loans is making sure I get the correct address for geo-coding, and making sure I get the correct GAR figure. The problem with the address is that the address in the system is NOT always the address we should be using. Sometimes it is, sometimes the system address is the CPA's address, sometimes it's the business owner's home address because he/she doesn't want the mail going to the factory, you name it - I'm chasing after it. (We need an emoticon for MAJOR headache!)

Return to Top
#62999 - 02/24/03 01:11 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Most common two errors, revenue code and a reliable source for address of property in the file.

My revenue codes are always a pain in the bumm but I work them so hard I know I submit with less than 1% errors...but what that means is I spend this entire month verifying, scrubbing and nagging. Makes me a lovely person.

It was suggested to my regulator that I attempt to get lending to record the correct address in the same location in every file (My chosen option is our Loan Information Sheet-LIS). WHile they do get the right address most of the time on the CRA file, verifying it is a nightmare. We just re-did the LIS online with flashing lights on the address area...hope it helps.

I wish our lenders faced penalties like at my old bank, I might spend less time here in February if they did.

To add to my fun Bonnie...I found a boatload of non-profits that were listed type one. GRRRR more work for Dawnie I'm going to start drinking on the job soon (more than just diet pepsi)

On the bright side, I took first place in the Petro Club Cribbage Tourney yesterday afternoon (took a few hours of break from CRA) I can barely see my pretty thophy under the stacks of files but I know it's somewhere around here.

Return to Top
#63000 - 02/24/03 03:01 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Now what we all want to know is if you researched that...or you had all that information in your head Jac

Sadly, I didn't have to do any research to find that information. And to share more useless fast-food information from my head- McDonalds was the first to 'Super Size' the value meals. But in the beginning, they called it 'Dino Sizing,' while promoting Jurassic Park II.

And Andy, I had waaaaay too much fast food in my bachelor days, but fortunately, that is no longer the case

Return to Top
#63001 - 02/24/03 06:03 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

It was suggested to my regulator that I attempt to get lending to record the correct address in the same location in every file (My chosen option is our Loan Information Sheet-LIS). WHile they do get the right address most of the time on the CRA file, verifying it is a nightmare. We just re-did the LIS online with flashing lights on the address area...hope it helps.

I WISH our data processing system had a field for "CRA Address." I actually have a Data Processing system "Wish List" for CRA that I did a few years back. Problem was, everyone's attention (and money) was being spent erradicating that nasty Y2K bug, so there was NO HOPE of getting any expanded fields for CRA.

If the loan is coded a a real estate loan, then I go to the collateral description and pull up the address. It's still a manual process to correct because the collateral description is not parsed out for geo-coding. But the NON real estate deals - **ugh** that's the pain.

And I have actually printed out my entire LAR, loan by loan with the names so I can spot any of those sneaky non-profits! I also look for addresses that appear to be residential rather than business. I then double check those to make sure we aren't simply using the business owner's home address for mailing statements. I cross check Class Codes, Collateral Codes, Purpose Codes, Revenue vs. Loan Size, and look for loans over $1MM, or any other "non-type-01" loans that are candidates for Community Development.

I've gone to meetings with my LAR print-out and ruler in hand. While top brass goes on and on about stuff, I sit there and check off the thing ONE LOAN AT A TIME!
And people wonder why I'm so b^*#%y lately.

Return to Top
#63002 - 02/24/03 06:12 AM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

And Andy, I had waaaaay too much fast food in my bachelor days, but fortunately, that is no longer the case

Well I've been married quite a long time, and we're STILL "Living la vida Lobster!"
Yes - Thank you Rubio's for not "Whale-sizing" your orders!
And hey - I just noticed - this thread has 3 stars?

Return to Top
#63003 - 02/25/03 03:04 PM Re: Frivolity - BOL and McDonalds?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

I always wonder about the "Value" in supersize the

Yeah, but some mornings, the Supersize Diet Coke is what it takes to get you going (and in S. Texas I think they offer an even BIGGER size than the usual Supersize.) [Note for those concerned about my caffeine/nutrasweet intake, obviously I'm not doing that at the moment. However, the SECOND I have this baby, DH is going down the hall to the vending machine for my Diet Coke.]

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4