Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#63880 - 02/26/03 04:41 PM Teller Drawers
Amanda B Offline
New Poster
Amanda B
In the corn rows of the midwes...
I am looking for ways to hold tellers accountable for not adhering to drawer limits. Does anyone out there do this? Do you have them sign an agreement of sorts? Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated. I remember back when I was a teller working at another institution, I had to do this.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#63881 - 02/26/03 04:44 PM Re: Teller Drawers
Mickey Offline
100 Club
Mickey
FL
Upon hire or if the policy changes we have them sign that they have read and understand the policy. This is also written up in Branch Audits if they are caught with excess money during an audit count.

Return to Top
#63882 - 02/26/03 04:47 PM Re: Teller Drawers
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
We have teller manuals that cover everything for which a teller is responsible, including adhearing to the drawer limits. This is also covered in teller training. When tellers are first trained they are informed that if they do not adhear to the manual it will lead to diciplinary action and/or termination. It is then the manager's/supervisor's responsibility to monitor the limits, etc.

Return to Top
#63883 - 02/26/03 04:52 PM Re: Teller Drawers
KK Offline
100 Club
KK
Southern California
We have tellers sign an authorization form that details their cash limits, transaction limits etc. If you are interested, I can fax it to you. (but not today, phone lines are dead... I blame the minor earthquakes we have been having)

Karen

Return to Top
#63884 - 02/26/03 05:02 PM Re: Teller Drawers
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Having them sign a form isn't usually the issue (we do that, too) - it's making sure Mgmt. actually follows up and follows through. Our agreement stipulates that disciplinary action will follow non-compliance, up to and including termination. I think you'd need to be specific on how many violations will be tolerated. Hope that helps.

Return to Top
#63885 - 02/27/03 04:34 PM Re: Teller Drawers
Becky Offline
100 Club
Becky
Dallas, Texas
I agree with the last post. Getting your teller supervisors to do spot checks is imperative. Then the way to add teeth to that is to have audit/branch compliance come out to do spot checks as well. Then write up the teller supervisors if appears to be a problem...when you hold them accountable too, it is amazing how quickly the tellers get with the program!

Return to Top