Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#639953 - 11/20/06 05:05 PM No longer offering service, Change Notice needed?
bgehres Offline
100 Club
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 126
We used to waive the fee to purchase traveler's checks for people who had certain types of accounts. We are now using the travel cards instead of issuing the traveler's checks. Do we need to send a notice to these account holders?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#640783 - 11/21/06 08:05 PM Re: No longer offering service, Change Notice needed? bgehres
complianceman Offline
Platinum Poster
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 687
New Albany, IN
I do not understand your question. Who would you send a "change in terms" notice to as traveler's checks are purchased on an as needed basis. All you would need to do is modify you applicable product offering documentation as the travel card serves the same purpose as the travelers checks except I believe the card is more convenient and as such, this is not adverse to the customer. So, no you probably do not need to send a change in terms notice. Now you might was to send a statement stuffer or something so your customer are aware of the product change. This makes good marketing sense.
The opinion stated here is what it is, My Opinion.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett