Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#64103 - 02/26/03 10:36 PM SSCRA Notice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought we had the SSCRA figured out. In most cases the customer on us on their behalf completes a form with their name, activation dates, loan numbers, adjusted payment amounts or a statement they would like their payments to remain the same. A customer called in and left a message that has been called to active duty and wants to keep his payment amount the same. The phone number he left is disconnected.
* I know we do not need a copy of the orders, but how are others documenting their activation?
* I know the intent of the SSCRA is for the payment amount to be lowered during time of active duty. Some customers want to leave the payment amount the same, so I just have them sign a statement this is their request.
Question: Would you lower the rate and keep the payment amount the same based on the message?

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#64104 - 02/26/03 10:41 PM Re: SSCRA Notice
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Lower the rate and I would either lower the payment and allow prepayment, or get something from the customer in writing as to wanting to keep the payment the same. Because that is out of the norm, I'd want something in file.

It sounds like this is not the customer needing the protection, but certainly ready to collect on it.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z