Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#64294 - 02/27/03 06:18 PM Virtual Mall
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Does anyone have a virtual mall on their bank's website that links to local business websites? If so, do you have an initial disclaimer that the person viewing that area can initially respond to or do you have one that pops up whenever a link is 'clicked'?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#64295 - 02/27/03 06:27 PM Re: Virtual Mall
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
What kind of disclaimer are you looking for? On our site, whenever a link takes the customer out of the bank's site, the link first goes to a page stating that the customer is about to leave our site and we have no control over/ responsibility for the content of the other site.

Return to Top
#64296 - 02/27/03 08:38 PM Re: Virtual Mall
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
We have that general disclaimer at the bottom of the page, but you have to scroll down to see it. Also, we have an initial disclaimer that pops up the first time you enter the page, but if you state you don't want to see that anymore it will not show again. The links do go to another page and our vendor is saying that is sufficient. I was under the impression that the disclaimer you stated should pop up each time you click a new link.

Return to Top
#64297 - 02/27/03 08:53 PM Re: Virtual Mall
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
The FDIC recommends that the disclaimer appear upon each use of a link. Personally, I am not a proponent of popups, because any customer who uses a popup stopper will not see the disclaimer. That is why we use a new page for the disclaimer, followed by an automatic redirect.

Return to Top
#64298 - 02/28/03 02:34 PM Re: Virtual Mall
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
We have both. The disclaimer is on the bottom of the home page & the user will see the disclaimer when they click on a link that takes them to the 3rd party website.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z