Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#643894 - 11/29/06 03:29 PM Reporting SARs to the Board
Compliance101 Offline
Gold Star
Compliance101
Tennessee
I know we must report to the Board about SARs we have filed, although I thought we were not suppose to report names or anything identifying who the people are we are reporting SARs on. Is this correct? If so, can someone point me to something indicating this to prove to the Board that we are not suppose to report anything identifying the people? Thank you in advance for any information

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#643938 - 11/29/06 03:58 PM Re: Reporting SARs to the Board Compliance101
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You can report as little or as much as you want. Look at the guidance in the Examination Manual on the bottom of page 67.

Return to Top
#644036 - 11/29/06 05:11 PM Re: Reporting SARs to the Board rlcarey
Carolina Blue Offline
Platinum Poster
Carolina Blue
Lost in a regulatory fog
I think it all depends on the size of your bank and the involvemnet of your board within the communities you bank. I choose not to provide customer info. becuase most of our branches are in smaller communities where the board knows a lot of people. I don't even want to put the board in the position where they may have knowledge of a SAR about a friend, business partner, etc.

Return to Top
#644045 - 11/29/06 05:18 PM Re: Reporting SARs to the Board Carolina Blue
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
. . . or another board member.

Return to Top
#644047 - 11/29/06 05:19 PM Re: Reporting SARs to the Board Carolina Blue
Bobw Offline
Gold Star
Bobw
New England
I have been through several exams (just recently too) and as long as you report the basic info, without names, you are fine

GO RED SOX!!!

Return to Top
#644090 - 11/29/06 05:48 PM Re: Reporting SARs to the Board Bobw
Pop Pop Offline
Florida
When I became BSA Officer 3 years ago I gave the Board the short version without names. About a year ago the chairman of the Audit Committee of the Board requested the names of the individuals involved with the SAR's he was listening to. Now I report all of the information, including names, to the board.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z