Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#646684 - 12/04/06 08:57 PM Originator training
Happy Birthday Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
What is everyone doing to train their customers that originate ACH? I'm talking about their NACHA responsibilities.

Just wondering what the rest of the world does since my folks tell me that we do more than everybody else.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#648209 - 12/06/06 10:10 PM Re: Originator training Cornfed Turtle
--houri-- Offline
Los Angeles, CA
My former employer did no training, but gave a copy of the ACH Corporate Rules book. My current FI sends out the Corporate Rules book, but no Originator training. I have prepared some "cheat sheets" with disclosures to refer back to the most updated version of the rules.

Return to Top
#648767 - 12/07/06 07:10 PM Re: Originator training --houri--
Happy Birthday Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
Thanks for the reply.

I suggested the search for or the preparation of some "cheat sheets" in my audit. Actually I said "lookup" instead of "cheat." But like I said, I got back the response that we do SO much more than everyone else.

Guess I just needed affirmation that maybe we could do a little more! Thanks again.

Return to Top
#648777 - 12/07/06 07:14 PM Re: Originator training Cornfed Turtle
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
NACHA actually has some good "cheat sheets" for sale. For instance, we bought a set of cards that outlines the most common return codes and guidelines for using them. (Now I can't remember if it was NACHA or NEACH... either way, worth a look)

Return to Top
#649050 - 12/07/06 10:27 PM Re: Originator training Bailey.
--houri-- Offline
Los Angeles, CA
Yes, I did purchase them, too at last year's Symposium. It was one of the RPA's that had it for sale.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett