BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#64987 - 03/03/03 08:33 PM NYC limits
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
OK, I am sure someone has an opinion on this. Assuming the NYC predatory lending statute stands through the lawsuit(s) brought, would you monitor the loans for compliance by zip code or city name? And would you include the Five Boroughs? Properties in those areas would have different addresses..... All thoughts welcome!

Return to Top
#64988 - 03/05/03 09:04 PM Re: NYC limits
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
I would think you would want to do it by zip-codes. Most of them would be in a somewhat sequential order so you could use ranges as targets. Yes, all five boroughs are considered New York City. I live and work in Queens, pay NYC taxes, Mayor Bloomberg, NYPD, etc. but my bank address is Flushing (zip 11354)and my home address is Bayside (11361). Although people say they live in Greenpoint or Bensenhurst, they use Brooklyn as their mailing address. Same with the Bronx and Staten Island. Manhattan uses New York City as their address. Only Queens uses the different neighborhood names in the city part of the address. But, in any event the zip codes are pretty much in order.

Return to Top