Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#659232 - 12/29/06 07:11 PM transaction fees in public file
ckme Offline
Gold Star
ckme
What do you put - service charges or nsf fees etc.

I read that you should also include loan fees

Return to Top
CRA
#659234 - 12/29/06 07:12 PM Re: transaction fees in public file ckme
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
During our recent FDIC exam we were told to add the loan fees to our public file.

Return to Top
#659256 - 12/29/06 07:40 PM Re: transaction fees in public file Skittles
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
We advise our clients to post any fees for any services offered to the public including deposits, loans, transfers, etc. and to show any differences between locations.

Return to Top
#662583 - 01/08/07 04:20 PM Re: transaction fees in public file Skittles
LinS Offline
New Poster
Can someone tell us what the examiners want to see included in the CRA Public Files in bank's branches? We are classified intermediate small.
Last edited by LinS; 01/08/07 04:34 PM.
Return to Top
#663626 - 01/09/07 09:22 PM Re: transaction fees in public file LinS
eriktjohnson Offline
West Michigan
At each branch, you are required to make available:

1. a copy of the public section of your most recent CRA Performance Evaluation; and

2. a list of services provided by the branch.

In addition, within five days of a request, you must make available all the information in the public file (the one that you keep at your main office) that pertains to the assessment area in which the branch is located.

Return to Top
#666126 - 01/15/07 01:47 PM Re: transaction fees in public file eriktjohnson
Padric Offline
100 Club
Padric
Why is this only necessary in the public file at the main office. I thought the main office as well as the branch public files had to contain all current information about all the assessment areas the bank serves? I'm confused.

Return to Top
#666218 - 01/15/07 07:15 PM Re: transaction fees in public file Padric
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
From page 39 of the CRA Guide book
(c) Location of public information. A bank shall make available to the public for inspection upon request and at no cost the information required in this section as follows:
(1) at the main office and, if an interstate bank, at one branch
office in each state, all information in the public file; and
(2) at each branch:
(i) a copy of the public section of the bank’s most recent CRA
performance evaluation and a list of services provided by the
branch
; and
(ii) within five calendar days of the request, all the information in the public file relating to the assessment area in which the branch is located.

I take this to mean for each branch other than the main branch, you are to have a list of services provided at that branch. To take care of this we have placed all the services for our branches on the Intranet. If someone at a branch is asked for their services, they can print them out from the Intranet. While we don't have a lot of differences in what our branches provide, we don't have one list, other than the one we in CRA came up with that has those services listed in one place.

Page 38 of the CRA Guide gives the specifics to what needs to be in the public file for the main bank.

We also have problems in determining what they mean by "transaction fees" for loans and deposits. Again there is no one place where we can find this and it can change at the whim of management. Believe it or not, we never get notified when changes are made.

Just curious about how specific other banks get on these lists. We have never been in the past but with the comments on here I am worried about our upcoming exam and whether we have enough detail. Do you list every loan and deposit product and every fee that could be attached to that product?

Return to Top