BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#659134 - 12/29/06 05:56 PM Re: Starting Infant on Solids cheekEE
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Not if he flys American Airlines, the give you only a drink.

Return to Top
#659161 - 12/29/06 06:16 PM Re: Starting Infant on Solids CRAatBOK
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
KC, loving the new avatar, simply adorable!

Return to Top
#659550 - 01/01/07 06:16 AM Re: Starting Infant on Solids P*Q
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
THanks. Hoping to get the Christmas pic up soon

Return to Top
#661228 - 01/04/07 07:32 PM Re: Starting Infant on Solids CRAatBOK
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Dave, we give our little guy peanut butter straight on the spoon because it's a great calorie booster. We were told by all of our doctors to wait until one year, then go for it. (nuts and honey are not good the first year). Your doc is being conservative :p

Rice cereal could have been your problem Kara. It's normally the first to be introduced because it's the least allergenic, but it's also the worst for causing gas. With a preemie and reflux issues, it would have been difficult to process in their little body. You're better off with oat or barley cereal. We have used that in the bottle with success (mind you, nothing worked for us in the long run but this was ok for a bit). We did it for weight gain issues as well as reflux. You do have to split the nipple open more to allow cereal to go down easily though, and be careful how much you add. One tablespoon to four ounces is a good amount (per our dietician).

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett