Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#66242 - 03/07/03 07:36 PM ARMS - Limitations on caps and rates
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
I'm aware that Reg Z does not set limits on these items. (Only that we must disclose and we must state the ceiling.) One of upper mgmt is sure that "something" limits us to 2% periodic rate caps and 6% lifetime cap. Other than, state usury, is anyone aware of any regulation that would provide such limits?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#66243 - 03/07/03 07:47 PM Re: ARMS - Limitations on caps and rates
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I do not think there is anything that limits your per change caps or your life time cap (as long as the life time cap doesn't go over usury), other than if your state law may address it.

2% seems to be the norm (however we have one with 3), and if you look at Part 226, Appendix H-14: Variable-Rate Mortgage Sample it uses 2% as an example of the yearly rate cap. So, this may be where some folks gets the idea you're limited to 2%.

Return to Top
#66244 - 03/07/03 08:26 PM Re: ARMS - Limitations on caps and rates
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Or, it might be a secondary market requirement for the specific loan you're making. Your underwriter may have some information that addresses this.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z