Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#666682 - 01/16/07 07:12 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men XODUS
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Ok, can we quit the geek-speak and get back to a discussion of casual sex?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#666688 - 01/16/07 07:14 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men The Incredible ComplyGuy
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
So, what do people regret most about their casual experience? Is it the feeling of being used, or trying to get out new stains?

Return to Top
#666691 - 01/16/07 07:15 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men The Incredible ComplyGuy
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Originally Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy
Ok, can we quit the geek-speak and get back to a discussion of casual sex?

Ah, you mean people should be polite? What are you thinking?

Return to Top
#666694 - 01/16/07 07:16 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Bacon Boy
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Originally Posted By: Bacon Boy
So, what do people regret most about their casual experience? Is it the feeling of being used, or trying to get out new stains?

I don't regret any of it and have never felt used.

Return to Top
#666695 - 01/16/07 07:17 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Bacon Boy
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX

LOL @ BB!

(the new stains...definitely)

Return to Top
#666709 - 01/16/07 07:25 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Miscuit
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
The casual sex thing was slowing down too much, but see now it is getting interesting.

I only regret one girl she was a stripper and my only intent was the sex but she got weird attached in just two weeks. I had to be quite hateful to get her to go away. I was young then so I didn't realize that some stippers were head cases.

Return to Top
#666710 - 01/16/07 07:25 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men XODUS
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
I do regret a lot of casual sex I didn't have though....

Return to Top
#666711 - 01/16/07 07:25 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Bacon Boy
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
...Is it the feeling of being used...

Don't think of it as "used," think of it as "previously driven."

Return to Top
#666717 - 01/16/07 07:28 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men XODUS
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: XODUS
The casual sex thing was slowing down too much, but see now it is getting interesting.

I only regret one girl she was a stripper and my only intent was the sex but she got weird attached in just two weeks. I had to be quite hateful to get her to go away. I was young then so I didn't realize that some stippers were head cases.

A stripper and you got your jimmies bitten while working?

You’re my idol.

Return to Top
#666740 - 01/16/07 07:43 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Peepers
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Do I regret anything I did back in day? No, I learned some very valuable lessons.

You have to look at all of your previous experiences as what makes you who you are today.

Peepers...ROFL!

Return to Top
#666751 - 01/16/07 07:47 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Peepers
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
thank you, thank you. It's been a rough life...

Return to Top
#666804 - 01/16/07 08:30 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men MichelleDawn
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: Sweetpeas
Originally Posted By: _X_
Originally Posted By: Nascar
With everything going around today, why would anyone be having casual sex????

Believe it or not, you don't get a disease every time you have casual sex. It is also quite possible to get a disease when you are in a committed relationship. As long as you keep thinking in terms of stereotype you will never get it.

Once again, Sweet - you are way out in left field on this subject. The potential for a disease resulting from casual sex in very high right now - especially when your partner is also very liberal as well. It's scary out there that you should be scared.

I never said you shouldn't be careful, but to assume that everyone having casual sex is diseased, is ignorant and intolerant.

That last sentence sort of indicates that you are insane, but perhaps not diseased, ignorant or intolerant. Why would you bring ignorant and intolerant into this discussion? Think about taking your hand off the trigger once in a while around here - it's getting old.

Return to Top
#666807 - 01/16/07 08:33 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Maxx
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: BankerJen
I completely agree that one has to be very careful about engaging in casual sex now days. I think people have to be careful about jumping into sex with someone you are commiting/commited to also.
That being said, I believe there are alot of people, men and women, that can keep the act of sex as something completely different than love. Sex can be given without an emotional commitment.
There are also alot of men and women that can't believe that sex is not emotional for them sex equals love. This doesn't matter what age you are it only matters as to what you, as an individual, feel.
And as far as kissing being emotional....it's the same way, yes for some, no for others. Remember a kiss is just a kiss.

Are you speaking from experience, Little Banker Jen?

By the way, I really like the line "Jumping into sex". Also, kissing is always emotionally-driven, except if you are acting.

Return to Top
#666808 - 01/16/07 08:33 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Originally Posted By: Nascar
With everything going around today, why would anyone be having casual sex????

Believe it or not, you don't get a disease every time you have casual sex. It is also quite possible to get a disease when you are in a committed relationship. As long as you keep thinking in terms of stereotype you will never get it.

Once again, Sweet - you are way out in left field on this subject. The potential for a disease resulting from casual sex in very high right now - especially when your partner is also very liberal as well. It's scary out there that you should be scared.

I never said you shouldn't be careful, but to assume that everyone having casual sex is diseased, is ignorant and intolerant.

That last sentence sort of indicates that you are insane, but perhaps not diseased, ignorant or intolerant. Why would you bring ignorant and intolerant into this discussion? Think about taking your hand off the trigger once in a while around here - it's getting old.

You're funny.

Return to Top
#666832 - 01/16/07 08:46 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men MichelleDawn
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Sweetpeas, although I've not been in casual sex relationships, I don't think it's a bad thing. Just not for me. In fact, many of my friends are very free about their sex lives and that's all good!! I fully accept and appreciate them and their choices. However, I do feel that my decisions should be appreciated, as well, and not chalked up to me being a prude.

I'm not saying that I every thought you thought that of me, I'm just expressing my personal POV.

Return to Top
#666836 - 01/16/07 08:51 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Bacon Boy
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Sweetpeas, although I've not been in casual sex relationships, I don't think it's a bad thing. Just not for me. In fact, many of my friends are very free about their sex lives and that's all good!! I fully accept and appreciate them and their choices. However, I do feel that my decisions should be appreciated, as well, and not chalked up to me being a prude.

I'm not saying that I every thought you thought that of me, I'm just expressing my personal POV.

Exactly. I don't think any less of those people who feel differently than I do, but saying/implying that those people who have casual sex are disease-ridden or immoral is IMO ignorant and intolerant.

Return to Top
#666853 - 01/16/07 09:10 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men MichelleDawn
Just Peachy Offline
100 Club
Just Peachy
Arkansas
I've always thought that alot of people who pretend like they are "angels" are/have been just as bad as anybody else and they just choose to condemn others. I think human nature is human nature to a degree. I don't think people are really that different; some are just better at hiding their indiscretions than others. And Sweetpeas is right, you can catch a disease even though you are in a committed relationship; have you people seen how many married men are out there on the internet trolling? It is disgusting.

Return to Top
#666859 - 01/16/07 09:14 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men MichelleDawn
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
That's very true, SP.

Return to Top
#666875 - 01/16/07 09:32 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Bacon Boy
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO

That's a little ignorant, Bacon - how can you fully accept and, in addition, appreciate choices that result in money out of your pocket, the loss of life, and the majority of problems on this planet. We all directly and indirectly subsidize bad sexual behavior, worldwide. AIDS can be stopped today if those involved in casual relationships would stop having them, period. And that goes for all the other sexual related diseases.

AIDS and children without parents or children with one parent, normally a women not making sufficient money to care for a child or children are the predominate problems that are facing the planet. Appreciating those that elect to participate in activities that may and probably will exacerbate those issues is insane thinking, at best.

Those that engage in true casual sex at this point in time are somewhat less than human. Those that ‘appreciate’ the behavior are clueless, at best.

If your position and that of Sweetpeas prevails, we are all doomed.

Return to Top
#666886 - 01/16/07 09:42 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Originally Posted By: BankerJen
I completely agree that one has to be very careful about engaging in casual sex now days. I think people have to be careful about jumping into sex with someone you are commiting/commited to also.
That being said, I believe there are alot of people, men and women, that can keep the act of sex as something completely different than love. Sex can be given without an emotional commitment.
There are also alot of men and women that can't believe that sex is not emotional for them sex equals love. This doesn't matter what age you are it only matters as to what you, as an individual, feel.
And as far as kissing being emotional....it's the same way, yes for some, no for others. Remember a kiss is just a kiss.

Are you speaking from experience, Little Banker Jen?

By the way, I really like the line "Jumping into sex". Also, kissing is always emotionally-driven, except if you are acting.

Experience?? I'm just voicing my pov, X. I've been with the same person for the last 18 years of my life and I certainly don't see that changing anytime soon.
Glad you like the line, I was just trying to get my point across.
In your world a kiss is emotionally driven. In someone elses it's not. So what!

Return to Top
#666888 - 01/16/07 09:42 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn

That's a little ignorant, Bacon - how can you fully accept and, in addition, appreciate choices that result in money out of your pocket, the loss of life, and the majority of problems on this planet. We all directly and indirectly subsidize bad sexual behavior, worldwide. AIDS can be stopped today if those involved in casual relationships would stop having them, period. And that goes for all the other sexual related diseases.

AIDS and children without parents or children with one parent, normally a women not making sufficient money to care for a child or children are the predominate problems that are facing the planet. Appreciating those that elect to participate in activities that may and probably will exacerbate those issues is insane thinking, at best.

Those that engage in true casual sex at this point in time are somewhat less than human. Those that ‘appreciate’ the behavior are clueless, at best.

Patently false. AIDS could be stopped today if people WITH AIDS stopped having sex, if third world countries had better standards of health care and if infected drug addicts quit sharing needles.
Last edited by Sweetpeas; 01/16/07 09:54 PM.

Return to Top
#666890 - 01/16/07 09:45 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
_X_, perhaps I wasn't clear.

Casual, yet protected, sex is the issue I'm addressing. Casual, reckless, sex, does fit the parameters you've claim.

I can appreciate people taking ownership of their sex lives, and making appropriate decisions to do so responsibly. Perhaps that sheds light on my view?

Return to Top
#666905 - 01/16/07 10:07 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men MichelleDawn
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA

People who procreate and then teach their children these ridiculous closed minded points of view are the reason we are doomed. Someone who preaches about moral behavior and then treats people immorally and inhumanely is a total hypocrite. We've had this conversations before...you're just plain wrong.

AIDS can be stopped by preventing people who are infected from engaging in unprotected sex, educating everyone else to have protected sex, stopping the sharing of needles and providing protection to those that can't afford it. JMO

Return to Top
#666910 - 01/16/07 10:11 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Sing A Little
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Quote:
stopping the sharing of needles...

Yes, let's get those drug addicts fresh needles.
Last edited by GuitarDude; 01/16/07 10:12 PM.

Return to Top
#666912 - 01/16/07 10:12 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men GuitarDude
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
[quote=GuitarDude]
Quote:
stopping the sharing of needles... [/quote

Yes, let's get those drug addicts fresh needles.

And then have casual sex with them... well at least until they get all skanky...

Return to Top
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5