Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#6670 - 11/15/01 04:03 PM Risk Management
Maria Offline
Platinum Poster
Sylacauga, Al, United States
We are in the process of developing a formal Risk Management Program. Does anyone have a matrix and/or any information about their program they would like to share? Or other literature that I can gain knowledge on the implementation. I could use all the help I can. I am currently reading the OCC Community Bank Supervision Handbook, but I am not sure how to get it started. I need to develop a questionaire for Management so they can participate in the evaluation process also.

Thanks for your assistance.

Opinions and requests are mine not my employer.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#6671 - 11/15/01 07:39 PM Re: Risk Management
1 Peter 5:7 Offline
Diamond Poster
1 Peter 5:7
TX
Deleted. Moved post to New Topic.

[This message has been edited by Ken Holmes (edited 11-15-2001).]

Return to Top
#6672 - 11/15/01 08:04 PM Re: Risk Management
Maria Offline
Platinum Poster
Sylacauga, Al, United States
I should have clarified myself more. I speaking of credit risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, price risk, transaction risk, compliance risk, strategic risk, and reputation risk. From what I have read each risk must be identified, measured, monitored and controled. I am assuming, if I understand it correctly, your 3P risk would be identified into one or more of the above risks, then measured, monitored and controled. But don't take my word on it since I am having trouble implementing my own program. That is why I need something to give me more direction. Such as matrix, questionaire for management, what all goes into the manual (how far do you break it down?) Individual products or is it a general area? Also different regulations would have different areas of their own risks. Financial Privacy is a good example of this. You have the insurance part, you have the sharing of information part, etc.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Opinions and requests are mine not my employer.

Return to Top
#6673 - 12/06/01 11:31 PM Re: Risk Management
Risk Officer Offline
100 Club
Dallas
Both Sheshunoff and Pratts offer Risk Management maunals. I have only now ordered them for preview so can't offer an opinion. However, the table of contents looked good.

Return to Top
#6674 - 12/07/01 08:39 PM Re: Risk Management
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
Some good articles about compliance risk management have been published in past issues of ABA Bank Compliance - specifically, the September/October 1996, May/June 1999, and May/June 2001 issues. Hope this helps.

------------------
Opinions expressed are my own and are not necessarily those of my employer.

Return to Top