Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#666919 - 01/16/07 10:17 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men The Incredible ComplyGuy
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
LMAO!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#667135 - 01/17/07 03:58 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men MichelleDawn
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: Sweetpeas
Originally Posted By: _X_
Originally Posted By: Bacon Boy
Sweetpeas, although I've not been in casual sex relationships, I don't think it's a bad thing. Just not for me. In fact, many of my friends are very free about their sex lives and that's all good!! I fully accept and appreciate them and their choices. However, I do feel that my decisions should be appreciated, as well, and not chalked up to me being a prude.

I'm not saying that I every thought you thought that of me, I'm just expressing my personal POV.

That's a little ignorant, Bacon - how can you fully accept and, in addition, appreciate choices that result in money out of your pocket, the loss of life, and the majority of problems on this planet. We all directly and indirectly subsidize bad sexual behavior, worldwide. AIDS can be stopped today if those involved in casual relationships would stop having them, period. And that goes for all the other sexual related diseases.

AIDS and children without parents or children with one parent, normally a women not making sufficient money to care for a child or children are the predominate problems that are facing the planet. Appreciating those that elect to participate in activities that may and probably will exacerbate those issues is insane thinking, at best.

Those that engage in true casual sex at this point in time are somewhat less than human. Those that ‘appreciate’ the behavior are clueless, at best.

If your position and that of Sweetpeas prevails, we are all doomed.

Patently false. AIDS could be stopped today if people WITH AIDS stopped having sex, if third world countries had better standards of health care and if infected drug addicts quit sharing needles.

You are insane - yes, that group, also - it's that group and all those who may come into contact with that group that can stop AIDS now with no new cases from that point on - so, eliminating casual sex will stop AIDS, along with doing something about the drug types. Also, they will not be having better standards of in third world countries any time soon, so eliminating casual sex can stop AIDS now. Of course, if you send all your extra money to third world countries perhaps better health care will be achieved. The issue is - what first stop, primary step can be taken at the individual level now to stop AIDS. That step is the elimination of casual sex, protected or not as most protections do not work all that well.

Wake Up!

Return to Top
#667136 - 01/17/07 03:59 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men The Incredible ComplyGuy
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy
[quote=GuitarDude]
Quote:
stopping the sharing of needles... [/quote

Yes, let's get those drug addicts fresh needles.

And then have casual sex with them... well at least until they get all skanky...

Would you actually do that, ComplyGuy? If yes, I'm thinking you would not stop even if they are shanky.

Return to Top
#667141 - 01/17/07 04:03 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Bacon Boy
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
_X_, perhaps I wasn't clear.

Casual, yet protected, sex is the issue I'm addressing. Casual, reckless, sex, does fit the parameters you've claim.

I can appreciate people taking ownership of their sex lives, and making appropriate decisions to do so responsibly. Perhaps that sheds light on my view?

Well, in the heat of the moment the protection is not the primary factor in oh so many cases and, in fact, is not used in a very high percentage of cases - so, elimination is the only answer - back to the future.

Return to Top
#667147 - 01/17/07 04:07 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Maxx
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: BankerJen
I completely agree that one has to be very careful about engaging in casual sex now days. I think people have to be careful about jumping into sex with someone you are commiting/commited to also.
That being said, I believe there are alot of people, men and women, that can keep the act of sex as something completely different than love. Sex can be given without an emotional commitment.
There are also alot of men and women that can't believe that sex is not emotional for them sex equals love. This doesn't matter what age you are it only matters as to what you, as an individual, feel.
And as far as kissing being emotional....it's the same way, yes for some, no for others. Remember a kiss is just a kiss.

Are you speaking from experience, Little Banker Jen?

By the way, I really like the line "Jumping into sex". Also, kissing is always emotionally-driven, except if you are acting.

Experience?? I'm just voicing my pov, X. I've been with the same person for the last 18 years of my life and I certainly don't see that changing anytime soon.
Glad you like the line, I was just trying to get my point across.
In your world a kiss is emotionally driven. In someone elses it's not. So what!

You sound a little testy - someone do you wrong, Little Banker Jen? I'd say the highest percentage of kisses are emotionally driven, so welcome to my world. You must belong to some sub-human group where kisses are not emotional. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, it's just not the norm.

Return to Top
#667166 - 01/17/07 04:27 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Sweetpeas, although I've not been in casual sex relationships, I don't think it's a bad thing. Just not for me. In fact, many of my friends are very free about their sex lives and that's all good!! I fully accept and appreciate them and their choices. However, I do feel that my decisions should be appreciated, as well, and not chalked up to me being a prude.

I'm not saying that I every thought you thought that of me, I'm just expressing my personal POV.

That's a little ignorant, Bacon - how can you fully accept and, in addition, appreciate choices that result in money out of your pocket, the loss of life, and the majority of problems on this planet. We all directly and indirectly subsidize bad sexual behavior, worldwide. AIDS can be stopped today if those involved in casual relationships would stop having them, period. And that goes for all the other sexual related diseases.

AIDS and children without parents or children with one parent, normally a women not making sufficient money to care for a child or children are the predominate problems that are facing the planet. Appreciating those that elect to participate in activities that may and probably will exacerbate those issues is insane thinking, at best.

Those that engage in true casual sex at this point in time are somewhat less than human. Those that ‘appreciate’ the behavior are clueless, at best.

If your position and that of Sweetpeas prevails, we are all doomed.

Patently false. AIDS could be stopped today if people WITH AIDS stopped having sex, if third world countries had better standards of health care and if infected drug addicts quit sharing needles.

You are insane - yes, that group, also - it's that group and all those who may come into contact with that group that can stop AIDS now with no new cases from that point on - so, eliminating casual sex will stop AIDS, along with doing something about the drug types. Also, they will not be having better standards of in third world countries any time soon, so eliminating casual sex can stop AIDS now. Of course, if you send all your extra money to third world countries perhaps better health care will be achieved. The issue is - what first stop, primary step can be taken at the individual level now to stop AIDS. That step is the elimination of casual sex, protected or not as most protections do not work all that well.

Wake Up!

Obviously you don't know what AIDS is and how it's spread. You can have all the casual sex you want and if it isn't with an infected person you won't get AIDS. If I'm insane (and sub-human), then you are a flat out moron.
Last edited by Sweetpeas; 01/17/07 04:31 PM.

Return to Top
#667179 - 01/17/07 04:39 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
You sound a little testy - someone do you wrong, Little Banker Jen? I'd say the highest percentage of kisses are emotionally driven, so welcome to my world. You must belong to some sub-human group where kisses are not emotional. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, it's just not the norm.

No one has done me wrong X. I'm not testy. I never said a kiss wasn't emotional for me, I never said it was either. I said for some it is, for some it isn't. Same as sex, for some emotional, for some not. I can agree with you that the highest percentage of kisses are emotional. Then, of course, you have that small percentage that are not.

Return to Top
#667187 - 01/17/07 04:45 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men MichelleDawn
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Within the casual sex world, one never really knows who is carrying AIDS - so, yes, I do know how it's spread - so, if your method and point of view is working so well, why is it getting worse, not better worldwide - time for a different point of view, one from the fully human group.

Return to Top
#667191 - 01/17/07 04:48 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Maxx
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO

No one has done me wrong X. I'm not testy. I never said a kiss wasn't emotional for me, I never said it was either. I said for some it is, for some it isn't. Same as sex, for some emotional, for some not. I can agree with you that the highest percentage of kisses are emotional. Then, of course, you have that small percentage that are not.

So, you basically agree with me, right Little Banker Jen? There are always the exceptions to the rule, but they are normally not worth mentioning. A kiss with DNA exchanged is very personal.

Oh, and "So what" that ends a sentence - that's testy!

Return to Top
#667194 - 01/17/07 04:52 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
As much as I hate to admit it....because I am completely afraid of where you may go with this..........I agree with you. A kiss, with the exchange of DNA, is very personal. Guess I'm not as sub-human as you thought.

Return to Top
#667196 - 01/17/07 04:54 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Maxx
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
X, I like the new avatar -- is that you and the Mrs.?

Return to Top
#667199 - 01/17/07 04:57 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
_X_, I believe AIDS is spreading fastest in countries where educating the people on the virus is all but non-existent. Additionally, ignorance on who can become infected in some third world countries further encourages its spread. While unprotected casual encounters may constitute a portion of all those infected, it's evident the greatest victory in combating AIDS is education.

Return to Top
#667203 - 01/17/07 05:01 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Maxx
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
As much as I hate to admit it....because I am completely afraid of where you may go with this..........I agree with you. A kiss, with the exchange of DNA, is very personal. Guess I'm not as sub-human as you thought.

Completely afraid? WOW! You are far from sub-human, it's Sweetpeas that out there somewhere, not willing to listen to anything but herself.

Little Banker Jen - do you realize that you have a stalker following you around - ComplyGuy just seems to show up whenever you and I exchange thoughts. You've created a monster!

ComplyGuy - get a life.

Return to Top
#667205 - 01/17/07 05:02 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Within the casual sex world, one never really knows who is carrying AIDS - so, yes, I do know how it's spread - so, if your method and point of view is working so well, why is it getting worse, not better worldwide - time for a different point of view, one from the fully human group.

Within the commitment world, one never really knows who is carrying AIDS. One of my college girlfrinds has slept with two men in her whole life (a long-term boyfriend and a husband) and her husband gave her herpes. Unless you have two virgins, there are no guarantees.

Return to Top
#667213 - 01/17/07 05:06 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
You are far from sub-human

Thanks, X.

Return to Top
#667221 - 01/17/07 05:09 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Bacon Boy
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Yes, education, but that education is all about casual sex - and that is the point - stop having casual sex, even protected casual sex as the protection is rarely planned and often ignored in the heat of the moment.

Now, how stupid does one have to be to need education about this when thousands are suffering and dying around you? What are the chances that that group will follow through with protected sex? This whole issue needs another approach with "live and let live" and "do your own thing" impacting all of us and killing thousands of people in the process. No casual sex is the answer - just say no.

Return to Top
#667234 - 01/17/07 05:28 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
X, you are missing the point. Who does AIDS kill in America? the uneducated, the drug users, and the homo sexuals. Aren't these the people you want to be rid of? If people want to take their lives into their own hands why do you care? I am sure a big fan of the Darwin awards, just think of them all as winners.

In Africa where AIDS is a way of life it is too late for education to stop anything with some populations approaching 70% infection and villages consisting of only women and children. The most you could hope for is damage control.

Return to Top
#667247 - 01/17/07 05:37 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men MichelleDawn
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO

Within the commitment world, one never really knows who is carrying AIDS. One of my college girlfrinds has slept with two men in her whole life (a long-term boyfriend and a husband) and her husband gave her herpes. Unless you have two virgins, there are no guarantees.

That is correct, Sweetpeas - welcome back to earth! Yes, no guarantees are part of the casual and not so casual sex experience. Even someone that has been tested recently may have a disease, unless you have casual sex with them right after testing within the doctor's office.

By the way, in the case noted by you - her husband obviously was having casual sex with someone, so even if she was not having casual sex, having sex with someone that is having casual sex is the same as having casual sex yourself. Therefore - it's not true that she wasn't having casual sex.

With that said, the two virgins part sounds good to me!

Return to Top
#667249 - 01/17/07 05:38 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Maxx
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX

I hope the man I'm kissing these days thinks it's "personal"...because it sure is to me! :

Return to Top
#667257 - 01/17/07 05:52 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Miscuit
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Ms. B.- I hope he finds it completely personal.

Return to Top
#667258 - 01/17/07 05:54 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men XODUS
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: XODUS
X, you are missing the point. Who does AIDS kill in America? the uneducated, the drug users, and the homo sexuals. Aren't these the people you want to be rid of? If people want to take their lives into their own hands why do you care? I am sure a big fan of the Darwin awards, just think of them all as winners.

In Africa where AIDS is a way of life it is too late for education to stop anything with some populations approaching 70% infection and villages consisting of only women and children. The most you could hope for is damage control.

I don't want to get rid of anyone. I just want them to stop what they are doing as it's spilling over into the fully human population. All one can do is stop having casual sex with anyone as you really don't know where that person has been. Educating the moron, sub-human group just will not work.

Does any thinking, fully developed human being need more education about AIDS? I'm sure that it's now covered in school from an early age, but the message should be - no casual sex, period - it can kill you!

Return to Top
#667267 - 01/17/07 06:07 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Maxx
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Ms. B.- I hope he finds it completely personal.

@ BJ

(we're talkin' about a regular 'ol kiss on the lips....right?)

Return to Top
#667269 - 01/17/07 06:08 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
_X_, have you lost anyone to AIDS? Anyone who thinks they're immune to it need only be there in the hospital for those final moments to realize it can affect us all.
I agree that there's only so much education that can be done (primarily here in America) before you think it's a lost cause.

Return to Top
#667271 - 01/17/07 06:09 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Miscuit
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Originally Posted By: Ms. Biscuit

I hope the man I'm kissing these days thinks it's "personal"...because it sure is to me! :

Ah, it sounds like Ms. B found herself a steady beau...

Return to Top
#667276 - 01/17/07 06:13 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men The Incredible ComplyGuy
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX

(could be more little more "steady" for my needs)

Return to Top
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5