Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#667228 - 01/17/07 05:16 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... MadisonCali
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Don't know about the rest of you but extrememly tired and one glass of wine OR tired and a hit of Nyquil will make me loopy and silly. Maybe either of those was the case with Paula too. Or she might have been drunk...so what? Which one of us hasn't? Thankfully we didn't have to keep doing silly interviews asking the same questions over and over again. I just don't think we should be so quick to slam her. I do think her agent or publicist should have stepped in and called off the interview and, if I were Paula, I'd be majorly upset with that person now!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#667231 - 01/17/07 05:23 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... buggs
CAWorkingGirl Offline
Gold Star
Someone told the really bad singers they could sing...probably these peoples so called "friends"...did you see how they would come out of the audition room all upset and their family would be there telling them "Your a star, they dont know what they are talking about"... HELLO!! Even with Randy and Simon telling them the cold hard truth, they still have people lying to them and they are lying to themselves.

If you go to an audition to be an american Idol, you have to know that you have to be "The package", face, body ,hair, talent or at least have the basics to work with.

These people have no one to blame for themselves for their "hurt feelings"...that is the name of the game with auditions.

Return to Top
#667232 - 01/17/07 05:24 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... Truffle Royale
CAWorkingGirl Offline
Gold Star
How come when Danny Devito showed up drunk on the view (and admitted it)it was "so funny" and "what a hoot"...but Paula appears (no proof or admission) to be intoxicated she is critisized? HUmmmmmmmm

Return to Top
#667241 - 01/17/07 05:35 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... CAWorkingGirl
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
AI was hilarious last night. These people CAN'T be for real!! I think some of these contestants MUST be "scripted" for good TV.

There's no way people can be THAT stupid and think they can sing when they can't (or at the very least...go through life without SOMEONE telling them they suck!).

Return to Top
#667248 - 01/17/07 05:37 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... CAWorkingGirl
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Originally Posted By: CAWorkingGirl
Someone told the really bad singers they could sing...probably these peoples so called "friends"...did you see how they would come out of the audition room all upset and their family would be there telling them "Your a star, they dont know what they are talking about"... HELLO!! Even with Randy and Simon telling them the cold hard truth, they still have people lying to them and they are lying to themselves.

If you go to an audition to be an american Idol, you have to know that you have to be "The package", face, body ,hair, talent or at least have the basics to work with.

These people have no one to blame for themselves for their "hurt feelings"...that is the name of the game with auditions.

at this point I don't believe anybody has true hurt feelings, they are just making a grab at the spotlight, their one chance to be on TV. And who knows if you are bad enough you could be the next guy to be famous for being horrible.

Return to Top
#667250 - 01/17/07 05:39 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... XODUS
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
speaking of Paula, who remembers the cold hearted snake video? Meow.

Return to Top
#667291 - 01/17/07 06:33 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... XODUS
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
I have been a huge Idol fan from the beginning, but after last night, I am getting tired of seeing the bad singers. I am finding the background stories leading up to good audition performances more interesting, maybe it's also because most of the bad ones are doing it just to get on TV.

The problem was, at least last night, that there were not any outstanding auditions. The girl who described herself as a Crack Baby was pretty good, but not great. I thought the girl whose boss flew her in should have made it, just based on the story itself and if she had skipped her first song and just sang the second one, they would have put her thru.

Probably the girl who sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow was the best. I was a bit surprised that Jewel told her she was, I think she said, "pretty good". It came off as catty to me. I thought she was very, very good.

Return to Top
#667295 - 01/17/07 06:44 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... CubDave
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I usually don't watch the show until then get to the 10 finalists, I can't stand to hear all of those tone deaf fools in the beginning. Everyone should have someone in their life who can be honest and tell them that they suck at something.

Return to Top
#667297 - 01/17/07 06:45 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... CubDave
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
I thought Simon's comments to her were interesting. He told her the audience would like her; she had a good voice AND a good personality. The way he said it, it implied she would be the next Kathryn without the attitude problems that seemed to turn people off to Kathryn.

Return to Top
#667303 - 01/17/07 06:48 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... Snow Bunny
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Pooh - not sure if we are talking about the same person, although he said the audience would like you to a few of them, including the reservist whose husband was in Iraq. There was the platinum blonde (skinny girl) who he told that she was good, pretty, etc. without being obnoxious. I am referring to the one who had brownish frizzy hair and I think she was tall. Maybe he did say that to her too.

Return to Top
#667306 - 01/17/07 06:52 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... CubDave
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Yup - she's the one. Resembles Kathryn in coloring, etc. Had a very warm, friendly, upbeat personality. I was in and out of the room all night, but stopped to watch her because my husband is a big Kathryn fan.

Heard Paula on a local radio show and saw her on one of the entertainment shows on TV - that woman needs Rehab and quick!

Return to Top
#667310 - 01/17/07 06:54 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... CubDave
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
You're probably talking about the girl with the long brown hair that was dressed really nice, the one that sang Over the Rainbow.
She was very good and she didn't remind me of Kathryn at all.
She was about the only one that showed up looking like a class act and she could sing too, and she was polite also.

I don't want another Kathyrn or another Idol look a like- who ever wants to go for it should be themselves and have their own unique style and personality.

Return to Top
#667317 - 01/17/07 06:58 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... pjs
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
That's her. She dressed very nicely, had on a black top with a nice necklace and a skirt. She came across very professionally.

What did you all think about Randy picking apart the one guy who was a vocal coach, and then Simon coming down on Randy?

Return to Top
#667326 - 01/17/07 07:03 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... Snow Bunny
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
I thought it was ridiculous - the guy wasn't THAT bad, and now, if he really is a vocal coach, he is going to be hurting for business.

The bigger problem I have is that all these people who we see have already auditioned for a screening group. They know very well they are sending the bad ones in to be torched.

I will say that there was one thing that cracked me up throughout the show, and that was how the rejects kept trying the wrong door to get out!

Return to Top
#667327 - 01/17/07 07:03 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... Snow Bunny
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I thought Randy was a bit of an a$$ on that last night. I didn't expect that of him. I understand alot of these people are hopeless in the singing department but don't dig so deep that you have to make someone feel like they are worthless piece of crap.

Return to Top
#667328 - 01/17/07 07:03 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... Snow Bunny
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I don't think Simon was coming down on Randy, I think he was egging him on.

IMO, Randy crossed the line a little bit. He completely destroyed that guy, and, although he wasn't right for the show, it's not like he couldn't sing. Just a different style. He just was very Broadway show-y, and in the wrong competition.
I felt bad for the guy...

Return to Top
#667332 - 01/17/07 07:05 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... pjs
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I think they did the door thing just to annoy some of us. Last year did that happen at all? I didn't see it if it did. Maybe they'll save those for the famous Bloopers show.

Return to Top
#667336 - 01/17/07 07:08 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... MadisonCali
Peepers Offline
10K Club
This is by far the best time for Amircan Idol, I refer to it as the crash and burn episodes.

Hilarious!!

And Simon egging on Randy? Brilliant!!

To paraphrase Homer….It’s funny because it’s not me.

Return to Top
#667351 - 01/17/07 07:17 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... CAWorkingGirl
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Definitely wasn't me laughing and thinking Devito was a hoot. I thought that he was just as stupid. I have no sympathy for Paula. I don't know what she is on or not on for that matter, but there is definitely something going on with her.

Return to Top
#667358 - 01/17/07 07:21 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... Bones
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
The door thing cracked me up too!

Return to Top
#667370 - 01/17/07 07:30 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... Retired DQ
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Does anyone remember the name of that guy from last year who had the matching shirt, shorts and hat? I believe he had yellow, orange and some other colors.

Return to Top
#667377 - 01/17/07 07:34 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... Peepers
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Peepers - where did he audition?

Return to Top
#667382 - 01/17/07 07:38 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... CubDave
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Never mind, you can scroll thru audition pictures on idolonfox.com for last year by city, but it doesn't give you names, and there are hundreds of pictures.

Return to Top
#667383 - 01/17/07 07:38 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... CubDave
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I don’t remember the location.

They did a short spot with him ‘teamed’ up with the guy who brought along his coaster invention.

He wore matching shorts, shirt and hat that he claimed he made himself. He referred to himself with a one word name.

Return to Top
#667391 - 01/17/07 07:43 PM Re: American Idol...who's ready for it.... Peepers
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Oooh, I remember, wasn't it something corney?????

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3