Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#666455 - 01/16/07 03:53 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
My take on this subject is simple.
Two people can be in love and never have sex and two (or more) people can have sex and never love each other. Sex is what you make of it, if you make it into being an act of love then that is what it is. If you make it into being no more valuable than playing cards with a member of the opposite sex then that is what it is. To me, (pre marriage) sex was like a game of horseshoes. An enjoyable activity that two people could participate in. Now though I have made it into an act of passion between me and my wife.
Last edited by Slappy Happy Clown Boy; 01/16/07 03:56 PM.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#666462 - 01/16/07 04:01 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Clown Boy
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Originally Posted By: Slappy Happy Clown Boy
Two people can be in love and never have sex and two (or more) people can have sex and never love each other. Sex is what you make of it, if you make it into being an act of love then that is what it is. If you make it into being no more valuable than playing cards with a member of the opposite sex then that is what it is. To me, (pre marriage) sex was like a game of horseshoes. An enjoyable activity that two people could participate in. Now though I have made it into an act of passion between me and my wife.

Very well said, Slap.

Return to Top
#666466 - 01/16/07 04:05 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men MichelleDawn
Nascar Offline
Platinum Poster
Nascar
My own Island
With everything going around today, why would anyone be having casual sex????

Return to Top
#666469 - 01/16/07 04:08 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: _X_
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico
and you call yourself a star athlete, X? for shame! do you get reservations for restaurants under 'ac green'?

When did I say I was a star athlete? I believe I stated that other students thought of me as a star athlete that lead to a young life of so many women, so little time! Now, in that area I was a star with two books that are currently out of print that partly covered my activities in a small town.

I certainly hope that during your "young life", you weren't having casual sex with all of these "so many women", X, thereby conning them and ruining their lives.

Return to Top
#666473 - 01/16/07 04:12 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Clown Boy
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: Slappy Happy Clown Boy

That’s extremely simplistic and naïve, Slap.

There’s AIDS and all kinds of other diseases to consider. There’s pregnancy even with protection. It’s not horseshoes and it’s not a card game – there are consequences well beyond the results of a game. There are thousands of children out there that are the results of your game mentality - without a father because the father thought exactly like you and was unwilling to even contribute to the upbrining of the resulting child.

Most of the problems in this world can be solved if people like you would just think a little more about this issue.

Return to Top
#666475 - 01/16/07 04:14 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men BurntSienna
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: BurntSienna
and you call yourself a star athlete, X? for shame! do you get reservations for restaurants under 'ac green'?

When did I say I was a star athlete? I believe I stated that other students thought of me as a star athlete that lead to a young life of so many women, so little time! Now, in that area I was a star with two books that are currently out of print that partly covered my activities in a small town.

I certainly hope that during your "young life", you weren't having casual sex with all of these "so many women", X, thereby conning them and ruining their lives.

Unfortunately (Fortunately at the time), I was but I was also very careful except for the conning part - I was really good at that so I didn't need to be careful.

Return to Top
#666477 - 01/16/07 04:15 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men BurntSienna
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
I never engaged in casual sex, so I don't have a frame of reference in its negative effects. I do have friends who continue to have "relations" with random people and they feel that's fulfilling for them. I can't really condemn others for their sexual appetites, because I think consenting adults should be able to make their own decisions for such matters.

Return to Top
#666479 - 01/16/07 04:16 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest

Unfortunately (Fortunately at the time), I was but I was also very careful except for the conning part - I was really good at that so I didn't need to be careful.

Oh, ok. So you're a hypocrite. Thanks for clearing that up.

Return to Top
#666483 - 01/16/07 04:19 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men BurntSienna
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
I prefer casual sex -- I don't have the wardrobe for formal sex.

Return to Top
#666493 - 01/16/07 04:24 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i have found that if you have a casual sex relationship, it's best to refuse to kiss that person. this way the ground rules are known and heartache is headed off at the pass.

It's my understanding that relationships with Hookers come with a no kissing policy.

x, i am not one who needs to get it from hookers. and this isnt bravado talking. (although now i am in a very committed relationship so this is simply my past observations from experience)

Return to Top
#666554 - 01/16/07 05:19 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Nascar
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Originally Posted By: Nascar

Believe it or not, you don't get a disease every time you have casual sex. It is also quite possible to get a disease when you are in a committed relationship. As long as you keep thinking in terms of stereotype you will never get it.

Return to Top
#666561 - 01/16/07 05:23 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men BurntSienna
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO

Oh, ok. So you're a hypocrite. Thanks for clearing that up.

Hypocrite? I'm thinking more a developing human being. We all do strange stuff in the younger years, but anyone that's into casual sex now has a death wish.

Return to Top
#666566 - 01/16/07 05:25 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Hated By Some
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
i have found that if you have a casual sex relationship, it's best to refuse to kiss that person. this way the ground rules are known and heartache is headed off at the pass.

It's my understanding that relationships with Hookers come with a no kissing policy.

x, i am not one who needs to get it from hookers. and this isnt bravado talking. (although now i am in a very committed relationship so this is simply my past observations from experience)

I was not implying that you use Hooker, only that those that do regularly have a no kissing policy or perhaps it's the Hookers that have that policy - I'm really not sure.

Return to Top
#666570 - 01/16/07 05:28 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men MichelleDawn
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: Sweetpeas

Believe it or not, you don't get a disease every time you have casual sex. It is also quite possible to get a disease when you are in a committed relationship. As long as you keep thinking in terms of stereotype you will never get it.

Once again, Sweet - you are way out in left field on this subject. The potential for a disease resulting from casual sex in very high right now - especially when your partner is also very liberal as well. It's scary out there that you should be scared.

Return to Top
#666571 - 01/16/07 05:29 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i know you werent. i was just making a point about how to truly pull off a casual sex relationship. kissing=intimacy. no kissing=pure hedonism. people want to talk about how to pull off the emotional end of this and i am just stating what worked for me. otherwise, people can say all they want that it is casual but under the surface there is an emotional attachment growing.

Return to Top
#666590 - 01/16/07 05:49 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Hated By Some
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS

Ron, the NE rogue you have been questing with does not constitute a committed relationship.

Return to Top
#666591 - 01/16/07 05:50 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Hated By Some
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
I wonder if that's the Clinton system as well - did Clinton ever actually kiss Monica?

Return to Top
#666610 - 01/16/07 06:12 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
I completely agree that one has to be very careful about engaging in casual sex now days. I think people have to be careful about jumping into sex with someone you are commiting/commited to also.
That being said, I believe there are alot of people, men and women, that can keep the act of sex as something completely different than love. Sex can be given without an emotional commitment.
There are also alot of men and women that can't believe that sex is not emotional for them sex equals love. This doesn't matter what age you are it only matters as to what you, as an individual, feel.
And as far as kissing being emotional....it's the same way, yes for some, no for others. Remember a kiss is just a kiss.

Return to Top
#666629 - 01/16/07 06:36 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men XODUS
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
lol
indeed, NEs are about as hot as video game chicks go but the NE druid i do quests with is my actual girlfriend. actually last night we started to do a quest then we got into a fight over strategy. just another page in the life of ron...

Return to Top
#666640 - 01/16/07 06:44 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men °X°
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Originally Posted By: Sweetpeas

Once again, Sweet - you are way out in left field on this subject. The potential for a disease resulting from casual sex in very high right now - especially when your partner is also very liberal as well. It's scary out there that you should be scared.

I never said you shouldn't be careful, but to assume that everyone having casual sex is diseased, is ignorant and intolerant.

Return to Top
#666653 - 01/16/07 06:51 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men MichelleDawn
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Aren't you a drood? she feral?

Return to Top
#666657 - 01/16/07 06:54 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men XODUS
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
we're both druids. she's a balance druid. i am mostly balance with some restoration mixed in.

the argument was bizarre and a misunderstanding of when i asked her "where are you going?!" during the middle of a battle.

Return to Top
#666659 - 01/16/07 06:56 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Hated By Some
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
you guys have vent? if so, i am sure that makes for great arguments.

Return to Top
#666672 - 01/16/07 07:04 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men XODUS
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
vent? is that like teamspeak? no, we were side-by-side on our laptops. she went into the other room...

Return to Top
#666677 - 01/16/07 07:09 PM Re: Casual sex is a con: women just aren't like men Hated By Some
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
ventrillo, it is a server based voice system. lets you talk to people while you play. you will have to have it if you intend to raid.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5