Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#669775 - 01/22/07 08:16 PM GO BEAR!!!!!!!
bubs63 Offline
Platinum Poster
bubs63
Highland Park IL
Da Bears are the best. Bears will beat the one dimensional Colts. Two weeks to a Bears Victory in the Supper Bowl. Lovie Smith for President!!!!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!

"truth does not occur in the database" - Actual search result on a goverment website

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#669777 - 01/22/07 08:18 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! bubs63
CAWorkingGirl Offline
Gold Star
We are rooting for Da Bears also!! No superbowl party for us this year as our Team did not make it...but nothing like the local pub!!

Return to Top
#669817 - 01/22/07 08:50 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! CAWorkingGirl
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
This Steeler fan that has lived in the Chicago area for nearly 40 years says "Go Bears!!!" Don't know where we'll watch the game yet. Some choice for me since I'm also an Indiana girl, raised in a small town 50 miles south of Indianapolis!! Should be a good game.

Return to Top
#669892 - 01/22/07 09:46 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! corkygirl
Compliance Curmudgeon Offline
New Poster
Compliance Curmudgeon
SF Bay Area CA
When I read the subject, I thought you had misspelled "Bare" and that the thread would be really exciting.

Oh, da bears

Return to Top
#669905 - 01/22/07 09:55 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! bubs63
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:
Two weeks to a Bears Victory in the Supper Bowl

Yes, I heard those guys could really eat. Now, I think that Indy will win the SUPER Bowl

Return to Top
#669912 - 01/22/07 09:59 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! HappyGilmore
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
When you say one dimensional, what are you referring to exactly? It seemed they ran the ball well against the Pats, we know about Manning, and the defense really bowed up after the first quarter.

And as for dimensions, could you elaborate on the dimensions Grossman brings to the Bears offense?

Return to Top
#669916 - 01/22/07 10:03 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! XODUS
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
i hope that there are at least some good commercials for the stupor bowl.

Return to Top
#670440 - 01/23/07 07:10 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! XODUS
bubs63 Offline
Platinum Poster
bubs63
Highland Park IL
Grossman - All he has to do is not turn the ball over. Colts have Manning, that is it. Stop him you stop the colts.

"truth does not occur in the database" - Actual search result on a goverment website

Return to Top
#670442 - 01/23/07 07:12 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! bubs63
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Originally Posted By: bubs63
Grossman - All he has to do is not turn the ball over. Colts have Manning, that is it. Stop him you stop the colts.

You might want to ask Baltimore about that statement and KC as well.

Return to Top
#670444 - 01/23/07 07:13 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! HappyGilmore
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: happygilmore
Quote:
Two weeks to a Bears Victory in the Supper Bowl

Yes, I heard those guys could really eat. Now, I think that Indy will win the SUPER Bowl

Yes, happygilmore, but you were SO sure that the Seahawks would win. And then you were *positive* that the Saints would win. Forgive me if I don't take your "prediction" seriously. lol

Return to Top
#670446 - 01/23/07 07:15 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! Creditcop
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
And.... GO COLTS.

Saw a poll on ESPN last night 68% to 32% think the Colts will win. The Colts carried 49 of the 50 states in the poll. Over 300,000 peoples voted in the poll.

It should be an interesting game.

Return to Top
#670486 - 01/23/07 07:36 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! Creditcop
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: Creditcop
And.... GO COLTS.

Saw a poll on ESPN last night 68% to 32% think the Colts will win. The Colts carried 49 of the 50 states in the poll. Over 300,000 peoples voted in the poll.

First, GO COLTS!

Second, the Bears absolutely have a shot at winning this game. If they can frustrate Manning, get a few turnovers, and if Hester has a great return game, it could be trouble for the Colts. Indy must protect the ball and shore up its horrid kickoff coverage.

Bears fans insisting that the Colts have "Manning and nothing else" are simply on crack. The Colts have outgained every playoff opponent on the ground. And, the Colts top receiver in the playoffs hasn't been Harrison or Wayne, it's been Dallas Clark. So, go ahead and double Marvin and Reggie. We'll tear you up in the middle of the field with short passes to Dallas and Joe Addai.

Once again.....GO COLTS!

Return to Top
#670494 - 01/23/07 07:40 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! grmasterb
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I heard that Barak Obama has commissioned an exploratory committee to determine if he should state that he thinks the Bears will win. We'll know in 3-4 weeks what he thinks.

Return to Top
#670512 - 01/23/07 07:47 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! HappyGilmore
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: happygilmore
I heard that Barak Obama has commissioned an exploratory committee to determine if he should state that he thinks the Bears will win. We'll know in 3-4 weeks what he thinks.

LOL! How many Ditka sightings do you figure we'll be subjected to while watching the Super Bowl? Will Da Bears fans genuflect in unison every time he appears??

Return to Top
#671070 - 01/24/07 04:38 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! Creditcop
bubs63 Offline
Platinum Poster
bubs63
Highland Park IL
quote=Creditcop]And.... GO COLTS.

It should be an interesting game. [/quote]

Which is why the BEARS will win. Did they say why the Colts were going to win? How about too many people kiss Manning’s butt.

Colts are a 7 point favorite, right were the Bears want them.

The Bears Defense has a better defense against the run. I think one or two this year. So the Colt run game will have a very tough time. If the BEARS can frustrate Manning and force a couple of turnovers it is all over

GO BEARS

GO BEARS

Return to Top
#671146 - 01/24/07 05:26 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! bubs63
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
I'm hoping Saturday Night Live will bring in John Goodman and Ditka for a sketch this week. Those sketches have always been a favorite of ours'. The Colts had an amazing comeback against the Patriots. If the game was this Sunday, I think there would be more of a chance of a let down. The Bears seem to do just as much as they need to for a win; the question is will their luck hold out? Me - I grew up an NFL fan, not AFL, and I am SOOOO tired of seeing Payton Manning commercials. I say -

GO BEARS!

Return to Top
#671193 - 01/24/07 05:48 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! bubs63
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion

Geeze, I wonder which was the one state that thought the Bears would win....

Return to Top
#671200 - 01/24/07 05:54 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! Beagles22
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
Originally Posted By: Beagle Queen

Geeze, I wonder which was the one state that thought the Bears would win....

Indiana?

GO BEARS!!!

Return to Top
#671349 - 01/24/07 07:26 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! Snow Bunny
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: Pooh
Me - I grew up an NFL fan, not AFL, and I am SOOOO tired of seeing Payton Manning commercials. I say -

GO BEARS!

Then you should love the Colts as well. The Colts were never in the AFL.

Go Colts!

Return to Top
#671356 - 01/24/07 07:30 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! bubs63
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana

The Bears Defense has a better defense against the run. I think one or two this year. So the Colt run game will have a very tough time.

Actually, Da Bears were #6 vs. the run. The Ravens were #2 and the Pats #5. Note that the Colts outrushed and, of course, defeated both teams in the playoffs. Try again.

Go Colts!

Return to Top
#671364 - 01/24/07 07:35 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! grmasterb
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Originally Posted By: grmasterb
Me - I grew up an NFL fan, not AFL, and I am SOOOO tired of seeing Payton Manning commercials. I say -

GO BEARS!

Then you should love the Colts as well. The Colts were never in the AFL.

Go Colts!

Weren't these Colts originally in Baltimore? I used to go to a lot of Eagles games and don't recall playing the Colts. I have always been a fan of the Black and Blue division. Like the Bears, Lions, Packers.

Return to Top
#671367 - 01/24/07 07:35 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! Just Suzy
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: Just Suzy

Indiana?

GO BEARS!!!

Actually, there are a ton of Bears fans in NW Indiana. So, we're a state divided right now. In fact, there are a lot of divided families as so many Hoosiers have family in the Chicagoland/NW Indiana region. That's what makes this SB so interesting.

Go Colts!

Return to Top
#671375 - 01/24/07 07:38 PM Re: GO BEAR!!!!!!! Snow Bunny
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana

Weren't these Colts originally in Baltimore? I used to go to a lot of Eagles games and don't recall playing the Colts. I have always been a fan of the Black and Blue division. Like the Bears, Lions, Packers.

You are correct. The Colts were moved to the AFC after the two leagues merged after the 1969 season.

Return to Top