Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#675477 - 01/30/07 04:44 PM Reg E and Debiting PC for Multiple Transactions
NordicMiss Offline
New Poster
Minneapolis, MN
Soliciting thoughts on debiting provisional credit in the following scenario:

Customer claims a debit card stolen and multiple unauthorized transactions are made with the stolen access device. Customer files a Reg E claim for all of the transactions at one time. The customer is given provisional credit and the FI investigates all of the transactions and determines that they were all authorized.

1) When the FI debits provisional credit, and sends the final letter, does there have to be a letter for each of the transactions, or does one communication suffice since the transactions were all disputed at the same time?

2) If using one letter is appropriate, can the amount of the provisional credit debiting that is required to be disclosed be the lump sum of all of the transactions, or would each individual transaction amount need to be listed?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#676055 - 01/30/07 11:05 PM Re: Reg E and Debiting PC for Multiple Transactions NordicMiss
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I always considered these as one claim. If there are several transactions and each is denied, you can identify the transactions in question once and not itemize them further.

One letter, "Dear Customer, you claimed the following transactions were unauthorized, 1, 2, 3. We investigated, denied, have debited, will watch for checks that would have paid, yada, yada, yada."
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z