Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#685768 - 02/13/07 02:16 PM New Flood Requirements
Regs4me Offline
New Poster
North Carolina
Effective January 1, 2007 to obtain flood insurance on a property a new elevation certificate (form) has to be completed. Along with the new certificate the following has to be completed BY THE SURVEYOR:
Calculation of the square footage of the structure
Garages have to be considered separately
Longitude and Latitude of the front of the house has to be determined
Photos of the front and back of the house at a MINIMUM have to be done,anything out of the ordinary will require pictures.
The Surveyor will also have to determine if the vents under the house constitute the right amount of square inches and if they are enough inches off of the ground.

I am aware of the new Certificate/Form but has any one heard anything about it being required to be completed by the Surveyor?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#685843 - 02/13/07 03:21 PM Re: New Flood Requirements Regs4me
Tom Easterday Offline
100 Club
Orange County, CA
Wendi... Can you tell me where this is published. I haven't heard anything about this yet.

Return to Top
#686021 - 02/13/07 05:31 PM Re: New Flood Requirements Tom Easterday
Regs4me Offline
New Poster
North Carolina
The information for the elevation certificate is found at:
http://www.fema.gov/business/nfip/elvinst.shtm

But no where did I see that it must be completed by the Surveyor.
The information I received was from an insurance agent and a registered Surveyor/Engineer.

Return to Top
#686111 - 02/13/07 06:33 PM Re: New Flood Requirements Regs4me
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I don't know of anyone other than a surveyor that would be qualified to do an EC. This does not look like anything too new...just a change and some additional requirements when an EC is required.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#686249 - 02/13/07 08:15 PM Re: New Flood Requirements RR Joker
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
In reading the instructions, it seemed to me that the only time a lender would be using this form is as supporting documentation when requesting a LOMA, possibly during new construction when obtaining the flood determination. Certainly, the borrower needs it to obtain flood insurance. Am I reading this correctly?

Also, in regards to the question of who is authorized to complete the form, at the bottom the "Surveyor, Engineer or Architect" has to certify the form. False statements are punishible by fine or imprisonment.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z