Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#685482 - 02/12/07 08:50 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Bimmer
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind
Originally Posted By: Bimmer
Mayfield annoys the crap out of me and I don't know why. I just don't like him. Kenny Wallace cracks me up too, and Michael Waltrip, well, he does have a good attitude, but I think he would be much happier if he just came out of the closet already

I've got drivers that I feel the same way about - can't put my finger on it, but something is just off - Harvick comes to mind. I like his wife way better than him, but ya know, I couldn't really dislike him because it was the 3 car . . . so torn.

Mikey can't come out - he's married to a chick named Buffy - how could you possibly come out after that? LOL Personally, I think it's Jeff Gordon that needs to come out, that new trophey wife is just for show.
Last edited by Darkhorse; 02/12/07 08:50 PM.

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#686425 - 02/13/07 10:44 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Darkhorse
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
NASCAR lays hammer down on 4 chiefs

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6470744

Return to Top
#686690 - 02/14/07 03:46 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Bimmer
Animal Offline
Animal
NY
The suspensions are a joke! I understand the "grey" areas debate but cheating is cheating, if NASCAR wants it to end they need to make the penalty more severe. Its all a game within a game.

As for the Fav driver debate....I agree Kenny Wallace is hysterical! Def my fav personality. I will say I do like Clint Boyer's interviews. Mayfield = booooooring. I miss the days when Tony used to be angry all the time! Ah well, I'm hearing that Cole Trickle's team in BOL fantasy is going to be tough to beat!!!

Return to Top
#686695 - 02/14/07 03:48 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Animal
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
All I know is...Tony Stewart needs to stop claiming that he created the "Spider-Man" victory celebration...Helio Castroneves is the originator of that...

And I don't my team is too shabby for the 500...

Return to Top
#686709 - 02/14/07 03:56 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Darkhorse
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
I was wondering when the Jeff G. comments would start!!!!

Return to Top
#686713 - 02/14/07 03:59 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Imagine
REDSOXGIRL34 Offline
New Poster
REDSOXGIRL34
Out of my mind
My question is:
Will Teresa let Jr have controlling interest in DEI?

Return to Top
#686877 - 02/14/07 05:47 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Bimmer
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Oooh I'm going to enjoy this! I joined up.. Go Smoke!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#686964 - 02/14/07 06:49 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing REDSOXGIRL34
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: REDSOXGIRL34
My question is:
Will Teresa let Jr have controlling interest in DEI?

I think it will be a very cold day in a very warm place before she turns over any interest in DEI. If I am not mistaken, she just recently signed over the rights to his (Jr's) name! I predict Jr. will be in a Richard Childress car next year.

Return to Top
#687011 - 02/14/07 07:35 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing thomasj
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
It look as if Michael Waltrip is going to be seriously screwed! This morning they booted his crew chief and they just booted his VP of Competition.

The wind gusts down here are wreaking havoc on the cars during these practice sessions. They have already put several cars into the wall.

Return to Top
#687014 - 02/14/07 07:37 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Bimmer
Peepers Offline
10K Club
What was the substance in his engine?

Return to Top
#687025 - 02/14/07 07:46 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Peepers
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Mr. Peepers
What was the substance in his engine?

They don't know yet. They are expecting an announcement and the end of this practice session. This morning NASCAR started stripping down his entire car. His backup car has not passed inspection, and there is only another 15 minutes left of practice for the Duels tomorrow.

Return to Top
#687103 - 02/14/07 09:18 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing thomasj
REDSOXGIRL34 Offline
New Poster
REDSOXGIRL34
Out of my mind
I think she'll give him some interest but not 51% - not at this point. I don't think either one of them wants the company to tank and that's what would happen if Jr leaves.

I say he stays but gets a lower percentage of ownership.

Return to Top
#687226 - 02/14/07 11:09 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing REDSOXGIRL34
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Just in case anyone is interested. Michael Waltrip's VP and crew chief have been suspended indefinitely, $100,000 fine, a loss of 100 driver points and 100 owner points.

They are still trying to determine what the substance was in his intake manifold, and they are taking his entire car back to their R&D facility.

Return to Top
#687228 - 02/14/07 11:16 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Bimmer
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind
Wow! Still, I don't get all the fines and suspension if they still don't know what the substance was. Seems like they'd operate on the same principles as the country they were founded in - innocent until proven guilty ring a bell? I'm betting there's something there that shouldn't be, but still, I'm of the opinion that "the cop didn't see it, I didn't do it"

Who all has wrecked cars so far? I'm afraid to ask ::crosses fingers and chants "not Jr., not Jr."::

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
#687238 - 02/14/07 11:25 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Bimmer
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Now, I'm assuming they think the substance was a type of performance enhancer. But, what if it turns out someone dropped a mayo sandwich in the engine and it wasn't intentional. Would they get there points back? [And I know that situation's quite a stretch!]

Return to Top
#687240 - 02/14/07 11:34 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Darkhorse
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quite a few drivers hit the wall today from the wind gusts. Ricky Rudd, Kasey Kahne, David Gilliand, and I don't remember who else. But Jr. is fine, he's slow, but he is fine.

As for the unidentified substance, basically NASCAR has stated that it shouldn't have been there, but since it was, twice, they can feel that it was something to try to enhance the performance of the engine. Interestingly I heard Rusty Wallace saying that it might have been Sterno. Apparently Sterno in the intake helps to oxygenate the fuel so it burns faster.

They are going to allow Michael to race in the Duel tomorrow, but he is doing it in David Ruitmans backup car which he has not practiced in.

Return to Top
#687241 - 02/14/07 11:36 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Bacon Boy
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind
Well BB, looks like we are both out of luck with our theories. "Someone" is telling the AP it was some type of jet fuel. You'd think he would have qualified better than he did with that

Waltrip and Jet Fuel

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
#687242 - 02/14/07 11:36 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Bacon Boy
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Bacon Boy
Now, I'm assuming they think the substance was a type of performance enhancer. But, what if it turns out someone dropped a mayo sandwich in the engine and it wasn't intentional. Would they get there points back? [And I know that situation's quite a stretch!]

I believe that he would. However, since they confiscated the first intake and the substance was also present in the second intake, I think the mayo sandwich is very unlikely.

Return to Top
#687243 - 02/14/07 11:38 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Darkhorse
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Darkhorse
Well BB, looks like we are both out of luck with our theories. "Someone" is telling the AP it was some type of jet fuel. You'd think he would have qualified better than he did with that

Waltrip and Jet Fuel

They said right in the press conference that it was not jet fuel. It had a vaseline like consistency to it.

Return to Top
#687244 - 02/14/07 11:40 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Bimmer
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind
Originally Posted By: Bimmer
Quite a few drivers hit the wall today from the wind gusts. Ricky Rudd, Kasey Kahne, David Gilliand, and I don't remember who else. But Jr. is fine, he's slow, but he is fine.

OH, that a big bummer for David Gilliand! Jr. will be slow all year. He doesn't drive worth a crap when his mind is elsewhere and considering the situation over at DEI . . . Well, let's just say I'm not really expecting him to even make the chase this year. Geez, I really am pessimistic today . . .

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
#687333 - 02/15/07 02:14 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Darkhorse
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
I think Johnson will repeat, or Stewart will win the Cup again.
Montoya will have a GREAT rookie year.
Kurt Busch will rebound.
Kyle Busch will be the "breakthrough" star this year.

Also...Robby Gordon will win Sears Point and Watkins Glen

Return to Top
#687389 - 02/15/07 03:22 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Imagine
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
The Busch brothers... Blajtfhzgd... Don't like them too much, especially Kyle....

I do agree with you about Johnson and Stewart (!). Smoke looked strong at the shootout! I also think that Kahne will have a good year. Denny Hamlin is a good driver but he may hit his sophmore slump that many go through. And Hopefully Carl Edwards has a much better season this year, I like ol' 99..

Return to Top
#687395 - 02/15/07 03:27 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Fork Ate Spoon
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
I think the Busch brothers have a bad "image" but are nto bad people...

I think at some point this year though...Shrub is going to put Stewart into a wall. Especially after Smoke's "bump and run" at Daytona last week.

To go along with that, the Busch Brothers are a dynamic duo on the SuperSpeedways...I expect one of them to win at Daytona or Talladega this year.

I don't cheer against Kurt, but hard to cheer for anyone but Rusty in that 2 car.

And while I've said RG7, JPM42, and AA84 are my guys for the year, I do "enjoy" watching KB2 and KB5.

Return to Top
#687409 - 02/15/07 03:35 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing Imagine
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Yeah, I was so happy when Tony gave him that little "push".. I think I just never gave them a chance since their rookie years. They were both overcocky lil babies. But I do think Kyle will try to get him in the wall. He's a little hot head and won't let it go until he gets even. Should be interesting! =)

Return to Top
#687421 - 02/15/07 03:41 PM Re: BOL Fantasy Racing *BUSTER*
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Stewart, in my opinion, has devolved from a great racer his rookie year to the "new" Jeff Gordon, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Shrub kind of was given a ride on a silver platter by Hendrick. Actually Shrub was signed by Roush, but then NASCAR changed their rules for age limits, and Shrub had to be released. Hendrick picked him up, and away they went.

I never had a problem with Kurt, because I would watch the Truck series and watch the "Killer Bs" dominate (Biffle and Busch).

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4