Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#654617 - 12/20/06 01:52 PM Mobile branches
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
For disaster recovery, we are looking at all options because our branches are so far apart that they cannot be used to back-up each other.

Someone mentioned the possability of renting a mobile branch (converted motorhome), but I cannot find any that are rentable. Has anyone had experience with a mobile branch or where to rent one? Thanks

Return to Top
Disaster Recovery
#654648 - 12/20/06 02:35 PM Re: Mobile branches Rocky P
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
I don't have any information on this, but some of your vendors might have some knowledge since they deal with many different financial institutions. The company that services your alarms would be a good place to start.

Return to Top
#654887 - 12/20/06 05:59 PM Re: Mobile branches LoisLane
KrisH Offline
Gold Star
KrisH
Massachusetts
We have a contract with MPA Systems for a portable branch for Disaster Recovery purposes. We haven't ever had to use it, thank goodness, so I can't speak from any first hand experience with it, but the references we contacted had good things to say.

Their page with all their different modular branch types is here.

Return to Top
#656268 - 12/22/06 03:19 PM Re: Mobile branches KrisH
Sonic Offline
DFW, Texas
I have used MPA Systems in the past, with good results, in both disaster recovery as well as pre-construction for a de novo.

Return to Top
#660861 - 01/04/07 02:32 PM Re: Mobile branches Sonic
Dana Turner Offline

Platinum Poster
Dana Turner
Pipe Creek TX - U.S.
Folks,

Do you have an RV dealership as one of your clients? Such businesses are often more than happy to work out an agreement to let you lease one for a short term emergency. I also suggest that you have an agreement in place with a security guard company to guard the vehicle -- both when it's parked and when it's "open for business" . . .

Return to Top
#661104 - 01/04/07 05:44 PM Re: Mobile branches Dana Turner
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Every time I think about a mobile branch I think about the book and movie entitled Bank Shot Am I the only one who's read the book or seen the movie??

Return to Top
#662572 - 01/08/07 04:12 PM Re: Mobile branches Rocky P
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
You may have difficulty renting something when the need arises, but if you're willing to buy a used unit and park it until needed, contact your state bankers association (and SBAs in any other nearby states) to see if one is available from a new bank that has recently moved into permanent quarters.

Return to Top
#687057 - 02/14/07 08:17 PM Re: Mobile branches Rocky P
litmachog Offline
litmachog
Arkansas
One of our banks in our holding company has an actual "mobile" branch that travels throughout the county to designated places for the customers. The plan designates that if a branch goes down in a disaster, the branch will be relocated to that site to serve as the back up branch.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Dana Turner