Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#688255 - 02/16/07 01:34 PM The Real Daytona 500...
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Who is going to win Sunday?

I'm going with my heart- Dale JR!!!

Good luck to all your favorite drivers. Let it be a safe race but a couple of crashes please! (no one hurt tho!)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#688279 - 02/16/07 02:10 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... pjs
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
My guess is the winning driver will be one who hasn't had his crew chief suspended.

Return to Top
#688282 - 02/16/07 02:12 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... grmasterb
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: grmasterb
My guess is the winning driver will be one who hasn't had his crew chief suspended.

Not necessarily. Jimmy Johnson won last year while his crew chief was suspended for illegal modifications to the car.

Return to Top
#688286 - 02/16/07 02:15 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... Bimmer
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: Bimmer
Originally Posted By: grmasterb

Not necessarily. Jimmy Johnson won last year while his crew chief was suspended for illegal modifications to the car.

LOL! Goes to show how much I follow NASCAR, eh??

Nonetheless, doesn't it seem like NASCAR is really putting the hammer down on cheaters this year?

Return to Top
#688294 - 02/16/07 02:20 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... grmasterb
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Patrice, did you see the interview with Kyle Petty about cheating? He said that EVERYONE has cheated / cheats, including himself, lol.

Sorry, but that's the truth. I think it adds to the fun, lol.

Return to Top
#688324 - 02/16/07 02:45 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... MB Guy
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: MB Guy
Patrice, did you see the interview with Kyle Petty about cheating? He said that EVERYONE has cheated / cheats, including himself, lol.

Sorry, but that's the truth. I think it adds to the fun, lol.

MB- Isn't anything sacred anymore?

Return to Top
#688331 - 02/16/07 02:54 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... pjs
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I guess, sorry to say, it never was....

Return to Top
#688332 - 02/16/07 02:57 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... MB Guy
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
I am also going to go for Junior. I really hope he can get back on the Winning train again soon.

Return to Top
#688333 - 02/16/07 02:57 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... MB Guy
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
you broke my heart. Cheaters and liars make the world go around in anything and everything.

Return to Top
#688341 - 02/16/07 03:02 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... pjs
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Honestly though, Patrice, if you read up on how Nascar got started it will give you a much better picture of it's evolution and where they are today.

All the guys that started Nascar were just a bunch of moonshine runners in the South who loved to drive fast. They started out breaking the government's laws and that continued to breaking Nascar's current rules today.

Return to Top
#688346 - 02/16/07 03:07 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... pjs
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
Originally Posted By: patrice

Good luck to all your favorite drivers. Let it be a safe race but a couple of crashes please! (no one hurt tho!)

I hope Jr wins, my boyfriend has turned me into a watcher (not a fan yet) but I wont tell him this.

Return to Top
#688359 - 02/16/07 03:15 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... MB Guy
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: MB Guy
Honestly though, Patrice, if you read up on how Nascar got started it will give you a much better picture of it's evolution and where they are today.

All the guys that started Nascar were just a bunch of moonshine runners in the South who loved to drive fast. They started out breaking the government's laws and that continued to breaking Nascar's current rules today.

yes and I have always loved those bunch of moonshine runners. I hope they hit those that cheat or try to really hard with all they can. I'm not stupid to think it hasn't been going on --Im just tired of it all around anymore. And it is still a major downer with me.

Return to Top
#688361 - 02/16/07 03:16 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... AngelinaLM
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: AngelinaLM

I hope Jr wins, my boyfriend has turned me into a watcher (not a fan yet) but I wont tell him this.

you got yourself a wonderful guy!

Return to Top
#688524 - 02/16/07 05:28 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... AngelinaLM
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind

Ang, one live race would change you forever I decided to go see one live in Phoenix a few years ago . . . and I've been a season ticket holder ever since, even adding the Spring race to my agenda when it started. Last year we bought an RV so we can stay on sight, take the "kids" (our 2 great danes), and enjoy the entire on-site experience. My mom got me hooked on NASCAR - she called last night just to make sure I know that the duels were showing again at 8 PM in case I forgot to record them

I hope Jr wins, it is a plate race after all, but I think Smoke might make it too. As long as they are both up front it's all good, they are great drafting partners. Smoke helped Jr when everyone else would leave the DEI teams out to dry.

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
#688540 - 02/16/07 05:33 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... Darkhorse
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
My money is on Tony Stewart. He's been winning everything there this week.

But one of the Busch Brothers could do it too.

Return to Top
#688598 - 02/16/07 06:03 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... Imagine
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
I'll be going for Jimmy and Jeff... However, if by some miracle one doesn’t win followed by the other in a close 2nd, I suppose I’ll be happy if Mikey won. So his team cheated a little… I remember one year were Stewart’s team was hammering the spoiler down during a pit stop so there was less drag… Everyone cheats. It’s part of racing. But seeing as how Jeff is gonna win, it doesn’t really matter. On a side note, I’m also hoping that Jr. blows an engine in the first few laps. That would really make my season start off on a good note.
Last edited by Slappy Happy Clown Boy; 02/16/07 07:27 PM.

Return to Top
#688852 - 02/16/07 08:58 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... Clown Boy
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind
Clown Boy, it is a good thing you don't work here anymore - I'd have to drive up the hill and slap you for your blasphemous words!

Hendrick hasn't had a good man driving for them since Terry left. Jeff is so whiney - I don't know how you can stand him. Waa, someone touched me, waa, someone is racing me hard, waa, I didn't win today and it was someone else's fault. He needs to just shut his pie hole!

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
#688902 - 02/16/07 09:31 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... Darkhorse
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Please! stop saying everyone cheats. Sometimes living in the real world is so darn hard!

Return to Top
#688976 - 02/16/07 10:50 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... Darkhorse
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Originally Posted By: Darkhorse
Clown Boy, it is a good thing you don't work here anymore - I'd have to drive up the hill and slap you for your blasphemous words!

Hendrick hasn't had a good man driving for them since Terry left. Jeff is so whiney - I don't know how you can stand him. Waa, someone touched me, waa, someone is racing me hard, waa, I didn't win today and it was someone else's fault. He needs to just shut his pie hole!

Bash Jeff all you want, but the numbers don't lie... 4 thats right, 4 championships... Oh yeah, and he's an owner of the car that won last year... How many does JR have now? I can't really remember... Could you remind me?
Like I said, a blown engine in the first few laps... that's my prediction for JR...

Return to Top
#688987 - 02/16/07 11:09 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... Darkhorse
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID

Ang, one live race would change you forever I decided to go see one live in Phoenix a few years ago . . . and I've been a season ticket holder ever since, even adding the Spring race to my agenda when it started. Last year we bought an RV so we can stay on sight, take the "kids" (our 2 great danes), and enjoy the entire on-site experience. My mom got me hooked on NASCAR - she called last night just to make sure I know that the duels were showing again at 8 PM in case I forgot to record them

I hope Jr wins, it is a plate race after all, but I think Smoke might make it too. As long as they are both up front it's all good, they are great drafting partners. Smoke helped Jr when everyone else would leave the DEI teams out to dry.

His friend's Uncle works security for Daytona. They had tickets, but his buddy ended up having court. Pit passes and all....He, the BF, was very upset, they had been planning this trip for a very long time. Court was cancelled a couple weeks ago. Just about the time he got over not being able to go, he got upset again. He tells me the same thing. Happy 3 day weekend GO #8!!!

Return to Top
#689012 - 02/16/07 11:52 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... Clown Boy
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind
Originally Posted By: Slappy Happy Clown Boy

Bash Jeff all you want, but the numbers don't lie... 4 thats right, 4 championships... Oh yeah, and he's an owner of the car that won last year... How many does JR have now? I can't really remember... Could you remind me?
Like I said, a blown engine in the first few laps... that's my prediction for JR...

I remember this one weekend season before last, my DH asked if I was going to go into the office and I told him "after Jr blows his engine, I'll go in." He asked "is he having trouble?" "Not yet, but he will" I said. Five laps later I was grabbing my stuff to come in.

I'm not saying Jr is the best racer, I'm just saying Jeff ain't all that and a bag of chips. He's a big cry baby, and I just like my men a little more manly, that's all

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
#689018 - 02/17/07 12:01 AM Re: The Real Daytona 500... Darkhorse
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there

lol I really have nothing against JR except that my mom and Robin both love him... That's why I don't like him.

Return to Top
#689023 - 02/17/07 12:22 AM Re: The Real Daytona 500... pjs
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Please! stop saying everyone cheats. Sometimes living in the real world is so darn hard!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6476370

Return to Top
#689045 - 02/17/07 02:25 PM Re: The Real Daytona 500... Imagine
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: NeophytePolitico

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6476370

You just have answers to everything, now don't ya?

Return to Top
#689111 - 02/19/07 12:34 AM Re: The Real Daytona 500... MB Guy
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Mark Martin had the 2007 Daytona 500 in the bag!
How come there was no caution for the "big one" on the last lap?
Grrr...

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2