Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#688662 - 02/16/07 06:55 PM Re: New Moderators? CubDave
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Very well said Dave. Although one line made me laugh out loud, I won't say which one.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#688670 - 02/16/07 07:06 PM Re: New Moderators? Retired DQ
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: Devil Queen
X, give it a rest, dear. Thank you.

No, you are a moderator - I'm a low life poster, I'm offended by your use of that word - please remove your post that contains that word, now!

Also, thanks for the use of your head in my avatar. It's the best possible use of your head.

Return to Top
#688672 - 02/16/07 07:07 PM Re: New Moderators? Retired DQ
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Originally Posted By: Devil Queen
However, Xodus, cluttering it with poop really doesn't provide much help when all that the vendors see are only the posts in the WC.

the vendors are visiting the cooler? what business do they have here? don't you have to be a registered user to get in here? As a vendor actually complained about the cooler?

Return to Top
#688676 - 02/16/07 07:08 PM Re: New Moderators? CubDave
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: CubDave
Originally Posted By: NeophytePolitico
Here's my take on this whole thing. I think that the addition of the new moderators is a farce. This, in my opinion, is an example of what happens when a group of people make enough noise. They don't have to be right. They might not be wrong. But all it takes are for people to complain enough and they get something to pacify them and keep them calm. In my opinion, that is just plain wrong here.

Now, _X_ and I never agree on anything, but on this we do. Some of the new moderators have walked around here with a holier-than-thou attitude in regards to the amount of time people spend on here and the usefulness of some of the posts started on here. Yet, they are now moderating the forum and are in an authority position to individualistically purge threads they feel are detrimental to the professionalism of a non business discussion forum.

Now, I'm asking for the Moderators, to talk to us and guarantee us that we get a firm list of guidelines on what to post and a promise that their authority won't be used in a biased, subjective manner.

Regardless, I'm not going to go away. I'm going to keep posting here and I'm going to keep voicing my opinions on pop culture and/or the political landscape. I'm asking for those of you have are "leaving" to not leave because of the new "SWAT Team" of moderators. Stay here, keep posting, and let us keep this Cooler a place for all, and not for a very opinionated minority.
Lighten up - it's not a farce. It is what is is, more people available to make sure that offensive stuff isn't posted, and before you get on a soapbox and say that "what's offensive to some may not be..." - WHO CARES. Common sense will prevail, and regardless of if you are on the side of the moderator gang, or the side of what is bound to become "X's Anti-Moderator Posse", if everyone would just leave it alone, you will end up seeing there is no difference, aside from more eyes available to delete a post or thread that has gone too far across that admittedly subjective line.

If you don't like it - leave. BOL got rid of Anon postings because it got too uncontrollable, and they will most certainly ban posters who continue to push the limits. It is their house - they can do whatever they want, and if I don't like it or you don't like it, we can leave. It's really as simple as that.

If Amazon.com decided they no longer would accept Visa cards, and that's all you had, you would leave.

Don't forget that BOL is a business. As good of a resource as it is for bankers, they earn money by advertising on the site, and they can ask more for ad space based on how many registered users and how many hits they get. It's their business, and they can kick us out, or they can operate their business in a manner that may piss some people off and lose business because of it.

Bottom line is that the Watercooler belongs to them - not us - and they can make and change the rules any time they want to.

SVP CubDave - that brown on your nose is not from a tan. BOL should get rid of the cooler if it's such a problem, right SVP CubDave? Also, you a such a liberal.

Return to Top
#688678 - 02/16/07 07:09 PM Re: New Moderators? TB 12
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
You all can say whatever you want. I agree with Sox...there is a time and a place for everything.

But this appeasement of those condemning the Cooler's certain state is a ridiculous sham.

First they get their own "Cooler". Now, some of their own are put in charge of moderating this forum.

It just seems wrong.

And I'm not going to leave, because it is my right to post here and I will.

Last edited by NeophytePolitico; 02/16/07 07:12 PM.
Return to Top
#688682 - 02/16/07 07:12 PM Re: New Moderators? Imagine
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Frank, I think you are really getting fired up over nothing...what is the big deal? They haven't shut it down or "silenced" you....
Last edited by sox in '04; 02/16/07 07:12 PM.

Return to Top
#688697 - 02/16/07 07:24 PM Re: New Moderators? TB 12
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
IMO, alot of people are getting fired up over nothing. Everyone should continue to post as they see fit. If your post offends someone, the moderators will let you know and do whatever it is they do.
Also, IMO, what I gather out of all of this is that they are just asking people to be more mature in their posting. Nobody is worried about good debate threads, or even silly jokes. They are just worried about the name calling, over the top kind of posts. It is these kind of posts that make the cooler appear unprofessional. Good, solid debates, discussions, whatever you want to call them are not unprofessional if they are kept in good taste and people are willing to listen to both sides of the arguement without name-calling.

Return to Top
#688699 - 02/16/07 07:27 PM Re: New Moderators? Maxx
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
:sigh:

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." ~ George Bernard Shaw

Return to Top
#688703 - 02/16/07 07:29 PM Re: New Moderators? °X°
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: _X_
Originally Posted By: CubDave
Originally Posted By: NeophytePolitico
Here's my take on this whole thing. I think that the addition of the new moderators is a farce. This, in my opinion, is an example of what happens when a group of people make enough noise. They don't have to be right. They might not be wrong. But all it takes are for people to complain enough and they get something to pacify them and keep them calm. In my opinion, that is just plain wrong here.

Now, _X_ and I never agree on anything, but on this we do. Some of the new moderators have walked around here with a holier-than-thou attitude in regards to the amount of time people spend on here and the usefulness of some of the posts started on here. Yet, they are now moderating the forum and are in an authority position to individualistically purge threads they feel are detrimental to the professionalism of a non business discussion forum.

Now, I'm asking for the Moderators, to talk to us and guarantee us that we get a firm list of guidelines on what to post and a promise that their authority won't be used in a biased, subjective manner.

Regardless, I'm not going to go away. I'm going to keep posting here and I'm going to keep voicing my opinions on pop culture and/or the political landscape. I'm asking for those of you have are "leaving" to not leave because of the new "SWAT Team" of moderators. Stay here, keep posting, and let us keep this Cooler a place for all, and not for a very opinionated minority.
Lighten up - it's not a farce. It is what is is, more people available to make sure that offensive stuff isn't posted, and before you get on a soapbox and say that "what's offensive to some may not be..." - WHO CARES. Common sense will prevail, and regardless of if you are on the side of the moderator gang, or the side of what is bound to become "X's Anti-Moderator Posse", if everyone would just leave it alone, you will end up seeing there is no difference, aside from more eyes available to delete a post or thread that has gone too far across that admittedly subjective line.

If you don't like it - leave. BOL got rid of Anon postings because it got too uncontrollable, and they will most certainly ban posters who continue to push the limits. It is their house - they can do whatever they want, and if I don't like it or you don't like it, we can leave. It's really as simple as that.

If Amazon.com decided they no longer would accept Visa cards, and that's all you had, you would leave.

Don't forget that BOL is a business. As good of a resource as it is for bankers, they earn money by advertising on the site, and they can ask more for ad space based on how many registered users and how many hits they get. It's their business, and they can kick us out, or they can operate their business in a manner that may piss some people off and lose business because of it.

Bottom line is that the Watercooler belongs to them - not us - and they can make and change the rules any time they want to.

SVP CubDave - that brown on your nose is not from a tan. BOL should get rid of the cooler if it's such a problem, right SVP CubDave? Also, you a such a liberal.
X - not sure where you are getting the brown nose feeling. I am not taking any sides - I think it's ridiculous. I actually made my feelings known when the Private Cooler was established that I thought that was ridiculous. What you may be calling brown nose is simply my opinion of a free market system - it's their home. Aside from making suggestions, stop complaining about every single rule that they make. And as for you calling me a liberal - that's none of your business and I can't believe you would raise that issue in the Cooler BTW - you can spend hours searching thru past threads and will not find more than an isolated post by me in a political or religious thread. Doesn't mean I care that they exist on BOL - I just don't go there.

Return to Top
#688707 - 02/16/07 07:32 PM Re: New Moderators? Maxx
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Originally Posted By: BankerJen
IMO, alot of people are getting fired up over nothing. Everyone should continue to post as they see fit. If your post offends someone, the moderators will let you know and do whatever it is they do.
Also, IMO, what I gather out of all of this is that they are just asking people to be more mature in their posting. Nobody is worried about good debate threads, or even silly jokes. They are just worried about the name calling, over the top kind of posts. It is these kind of posts that make the cooler appear unprofessional. Good, solid debates, discussions, whatever you want to call them are not unprofessional if they are kept in good taste and people are willing to listen to both sides of the arguement without name-calling.

What??? Now I have to be more mature??? But I work so hard at not being mature (I don't wanna grow up!).

Oh...and X-lax...you can call me "Biscuit Butt" all you want...I'm not the least bit offended.

Return to Top
#688715 - 02/16/07 07:37 PM Re: New Moderators? Miscuit
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Ms. B you know what I meant. Some of the name calling is very childish. You're usually my entertainment.
I really was speaking of the nasty-fighting kind of name calling. Not the Biscuit Butt kind of name calling.

Return to Top
#688718 - 02/16/07 07:39 PM Re: New Moderators? Maxx
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Yes...BJ...I know what you meant. Just me being my "smart-a$$ed" self.

I'm your entertainment????? Oh my...you are SO easily entertained then.

Return to Top
#688720 - 02/16/07 07:40 PM Re: New Moderators? Maxx
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Please refer to the rules of play sticky taped at the top of the WC threads.

Let's let the poor dead horse die in peace.

Dave is right, nothing has changed, and those who are offended by "who" was named a moderator, should just get over it. It is done, and over.

I am going to recommend the insanity stop, now... you are all getting riled up for nothing.

Return to Top
#688723 - 02/16/07 07:42 PM Re: New Moderators? Miscuit
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
I am easily entertained Ms. B. I consider it one of my good traits!

Return to Top
#688746 - 02/16/07 07:54 PM Re: New Moderators? Maxx
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
it is entertaining to me that the suppression of:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

amounts to nothing. How about this I am not a practicing Christian and am highly offended by the amount of prayer threads in the couch. Up until I chose to avoid them, but now as it seems that any offended person can have their way, I think it is only fair to ban those threads now and to delete them completely. Do you still think it is nothing??

Return to Top
#688753 - 02/16/07 07:59 PM Re: New Moderators? XODUS
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Xodus, please man, let it go...........................

Return to Top
#688756 - 02/16/07 08:01 PM Re: New Moderators? P*Q
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
XODUS has his right to post what he finds offensive.
Last edited by NeophytePolitico; 02/16/07 08:02 PM.
Return to Top
#688757 - 02/16/07 08:02 PM Re: New Moderators? P*Q
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
don't worry as of 5:00 p.m. cst I will. Then you can let the hypocracy run amok.

Return to Top
#688759 - 02/16/07 08:04 PM Re: New Moderators? XODUS
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Xodus, I know it's not fair that the voice of few has appeared to make life for the many in the cooler restricted. I'm saying what's wrong with posting as you normally would and let the many stand strong? If the few want to continue to complain to moderators let them. The powers that be will figure it out. We are all allowed to have our voice. There are many of us that do not get easily offended on here and if something comes up that does happen to offend us we (the many) are intelligent enough to just aviod the thread.
I guess, basically, I'm saying don't let the few get so far under your skin.
The cooler is a good place. Let's let the moderators do their job and see where it goes. If it looks like it's going off tangent it will be our place to voice our opinions.

Return to Top
#688760 - 02/16/07 08:04 PM Re: New Moderators? Maxx
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO

Little Banker Jen - I've been away for awhile, so today - the first full day back, I decided to try a new experiment to see if I could take a thread to an extreme level, just by showing up and posting an opinion that is against the powers that be on this site. I'm thinking that this worked very well, don't you?

Even SVP CubDavey is involved - but, he's always been a member of the PC group that rule this site - the real banker type that I simply hate to deal with in real life banking as they are the one's that stab you in the back.

Anyway, it was a good time - and all you PC banker bees got a chance to spew your PC BS all in banker terms for your follow banker bees - you are welcome as this has been another forum brought to you by the infamous X. Man, I'm I talented or what! Over 1,000 views since I started my experiment.

Oh, by the way, I could not care less about the moderators - just low life banker bees with way too much time to patrol the halls of the cooler - nowhere banker jobs is the key to managing that task and these moderators have more time than most bees.

Return to Top
#688764 - 02/16/07 08:09 PM Re: New Moderators? XODUS
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

in fairness, thisw applies to actions of the government, not private actors.

Return to Top
#688766 - 02/16/07 08:10 PM Re: New Moderators? Maxx
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Xodus, I know it's not fair that the voice of few has appeared to make life for the many in the cooler restricted. I'm saying what's wrong with posting as you normally would and let the many stand strong? If the few want to continue to complain to moderators let them. The powers that be will figure it out. We are all allowed to have our voice. There are many of us that do not get easily offended on here and if something comes up that does happen to offend us we (the many) are intelligent enough to just aviod the thread.
I guess, basically, I'm saying don't let the few get so far under your skin.
The cooler is a good place. Let's let the moderators do their job and see where it goes. If it looks like it's going off tangent it will be our place to voice our opinions.

that does not apply when the complainers are the moderators. then you simply get suppressed.

Return to Top
#688768 - 02/16/07 08:10 PM Re: New Moderators? °X°
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
X, another one of your masterful experiments, who would have thought? It has appeared to work quite well. Congrats!

Return to Top
#688772 - 02/16/07 08:15 PM Re: New Moderators? °X°
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Originally Posted By: _X_

Little Banker Jen - I've been away for awhile, so today - the first full day back, I decided to try a new experiment to see if I could take a thread to an extreme level, just by showing up and posting an opinion that is against the powers that be on this site. I'm thinking that this worked very well, don't you?

Even SVP CubDavey is involved - but, he's always been a member of the PC group that rule this site - the real banker type that I simply hate to deal with in real life banking as they are the one's that stab you in the back.

Anyway, it was a good time - and all you PC banker bees got a chance to spew your PC BS all in banker terms for your follow banker bees - you are welcome as this has been another forum brought to you by the infamous X. Man, I'm I talented or what! Over 1,000 views since I started my experiment.

Oh, by the way, I could not care less about the moderators - just low life banker bees with way too much time to patrol the halls of the cooler - nowhere banker jobs is the key to managing that task and these moderators have more time than most bees.

WHATEVER, why don't you stand for something once in awhile instead of weaking out the minute you think you may lose and bailing out with that experiment excuse.

Return to Top
#688777 - 02/16/07 08:17 PM Re: New Moderators? XODUS
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
That's what I am talking about Xodus. Alot of people feel the people that have been chosen to moderate are not fans of most of the posters sense of humor, decency, whatever. Why don't we just post like we usually would, let our personalities come through in our posts. If the moderators start supressing something that the majority of us do not find offensive then we pick our fight and we can have a solid arguement. The moderators ask us to help in their "fight". If we are helping moderate the cooler, can't we moderate the moderators? Make sure they aren't over stepping?

Return to Top
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6