Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#688778 - 02/16/07 08:18 PM Re: New Moderators? Hated By Some
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

in fairness, thisw applies to actions of the government, not private actors.

no kidding?? Man I must be elitearate. Someday Ron your going to slip and that fence post is not going to feel good where it hits.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#688796 - 02/16/07 08:31 PM Re: New Moderators? XODUS
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: XODUS
Originally Posted By: _X_
Originally Posted By: BankerJen
IMO, alot of people are getting fired up over nothing. Everyone should continue to post as they see fit. If your post offends someone, the moderators will let you know and do whatever it is they do.
Also, IMO, what I gather out of all of this is that they are just asking people to be more mature in their posting. Nobody is worried about good debate threads, or even silly jokes. They are just worried about the name calling, over the top kind of posts. It is these kind of posts that make the cooler appear unprofessional. Good, solid debates, discussions, whatever you want to call them are not unprofessional if they are kept in good taste and people are willing to listen to both sides of the arguement without name-calling.

Little Banker Jen - I've been away for awhile, so today - the first full day back, I decided to try a new experiment to see if I could take a thread to an extreme level, just by showing up and posting an opinion that is against the powers that be on this site. I'm thinking that this worked very well, don't you?

Even SVP CubDavey is involved - but, he's always been a member of the PC group that rule this site - the real banker type that I simply hate to deal with in real life banking as they are the one's that stab you in the back.

Anyway, it was a good time - and all you PC banker bees got a chance to spew your PC BS all in banker terms for your follow banker bees - you are welcome as this has been another forum brought to you by the infamous X. Man, I'm I talented or what! Over 1,000 views since I started my experiment.

Oh, by the way, I could not care less about the moderators - just low life banker bees with way too much time to patrol the halls of the cooler - nowhere banker jobs is the key to managing that task and these moderators have more time than most bees.

WHATEVER, why don't you stand for something once in awhile instead of weaking out the minute you think you may lose and bailing out with that experiment excuse.

Oh no, I'm not bailing on this one, XO, I'm with you all the way, but it's the goody two shoes that win in the end - at least on this site - once the strong opinion, weak mind group are drafted to be moderators, that's just about the end of the road for free thought and expression - it's just that I could not pass on the experiment part that had all the goody two shoes posters coming around with their sweet little comments, circling of the wagons - we are all "above it all" banker bees - not really human, so don't use that word types.

This is one disgusting group of sub-humans, but slumming can be and is fun, occasionally.

On the other hand, this sure is a "clean" group sort of like Obama was depicted as being.

Return to Top
#688804 - 02/16/07 08:34 PM Re: New Moderators? Hated By Some
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

in fairness, thisw applies to actions of the government, not private actors.

Thay may be true, Huge Ron, but what is good for the government provides good guidance for the private sector, especially when paying customers are involved.

Return to Top
#688808 - 02/16/07 08:36 PM Re: New Moderators? XODUS
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Originally Posted By: BankerJen
Xodus, I know it's not fair that the voice of few has appeared to make life for the many in the cooler restricted. I'm saying what's wrong with posting as you normally would and let the many stand strong? If the few want to continue to complain to moderators let them. The powers that be will figure it out. We are all allowed to have our voice. There are many of us that do not get easily offended on here and if something comes up that does happen to offend us we (the many) are intelligent enough to just aviod the thread.
I guess, basically, I'm saying don't let the few get so far under your skin.
The cooler is a good place. Let's let the moderators do their job and see where it goes. If it looks like it's going off tangent it will be our place to voice our opinions.

that does not apply when the complainers are the moderators. then you simply get suppressed.

Ah, there's the rub.

Return to Top
#688811 - 02/16/07 08:38 PM Re: New Moderators? °X°
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
X, the concerns behind freedom of expression vis-a-vis the government and vis-a-vis private entities are quite different.

Return to Top
#688872 - 02/16/07 09:10 PM Re: New Moderators? Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
And what of Property Rights? Has BOL not the right to control its asset as it sees fit. X and XO, would you rip from BOL it property rights so that you can exercise your freedom of speech?

As the apostle Paul said, "Me gunoito"

Return to Top
#688880 - 02/16/07 09:15 PM Re: New Moderators? MichelleDawn
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
SP, I resemble that remark! Well, not really. I don't recall being a complainer to anyone about the conduct in the cooler.

Return to Top
#688888 - 02/16/07 09:20 PM Re: New Moderators? Pale Rider
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Why did this thread get locked? Was something that was said offensive? I wasn't notified that I was being offensive. This illustrates my point very adequately. No logic, no reason, just locked. If this is the way it is going to be just close the Cooler down.

Return to Top
#688898 - 02/16/07 09:29 PM Re: New Moderators? XODUS
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Why did this thread get locked? Was something that was said offensive? I wasn't notified that I was being offensive. This illustrates my point very adequately. No logic, no reason, just locked. If this is the way it is going to be just close the Cooler down.

you fought with the Queens- what can I say?

Return to Top
#688903 - 02/16/07 09:32 PM Re: New Moderators? pjs
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Actually, I closed the thread. It has gone from a civil discussion to a bashing of those of us who volunteered to help out. The discussion has run it's course, it seems now to be a name calling contest.

Return to Top
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6