BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#690035 - 02/20/07 10:15 PM Help! Smalltown bank compliance issues.....ATM
West Texas Offline
Diamond Poster
West Texas
Lost in the desert....
I need help from a management standpoint on explaining dual controll for ATM balancing and adding currency. My manager does not seem to understand why I have a problem with one person having access to the ATM alarm, access codes, keys and combinations. While two people are supposed to go together to the ATM, one person is doing EVERYTHING!!! I feel like this not only puts the bank at risk but also puts that employee in a potentially bad situation if money did turn up missing.

Any thoughts??

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#690116 - 02/21/07 12:47 AM Re: Help! Smalltown bank compliance issues.....ATM West Texas
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"puts that employee in a potentially bad situation if money did turn up missing"

That is truly the real reason for dual control. If your manager doesn't understand how to protect his/her people, they have no business being in a management position.

Return to Top
#690276 - 02/21/07 03:30 PM Re: Help! Smalltown bank compliance issues.....ATM rlcarey
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The ATM is just like your vault in that money is stored there. I agree it isn't fair to the employee just as it is a risk for the bank.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett