Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#69251 - 03/24/03 06:54 PM 314(a) Notice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've come across a problem. No one in our bank appears to have received the February notification. I checked with our President and BSA officer, no luck. They said they don't recall seeing anything from FinCEN. Is there a way to find out who in our bank is supposed to be getting this? Thank you.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#69252 - 03/24/03 07:07 PM Re: 314(a) Notice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am having the same problem but Fincen would not help me. I have called twice to them. They keep saying to contact my regulator. I have done this three times by e-mail and they keep telling me they will fix it but I still have to learn that a new list is out by coming to Bankersonline.

Return to Top
#69253 - 03/24/03 07:13 PM Re: 314(a) Notice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I notified FDIC (Again for the 2nd time) they assured me they had sent the information to FINCEN. A lady from FINCEN called me this morning and verified my contact information and email address. We did not get the email??? She had no suggestions and said it was sent to double check.

Return to Top
#69254 - 03/24/03 07:22 PM Re: 314(a) Notice
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
It is my understanding that they are sending the 314(a) requests to the person that received the original Control List (Oct 2001). I could be wrong, but that is who the FDIC was sending our 314(a) requests to.

I notified FDIC early on of a change; however, still going to the same person. I'm going to give em one more chance next week

Return to Top
#69255 - 03/24/03 07:48 PM Re: 314(a) Notice
Anonymous
Unregistered

I received my first requests EVER from the NCUA today.
HMMM.... do you think there could be a problem?

Return to Top
#69256 - 03/24/03 07:54 PM Re: 314(a) Notice
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Similar discussion was had, here. John Burnett also provided some additional contact info to troubleshoot the problem of non-receipts.

I recommend getting it squared away for fear that they'll have you review all those you have missed and the backlog that could create would be huge.

There are additional threads on this as well. The receiver of the Control List, as noted, was where these 314a requests defaulted to.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#69257 - 03/24/03 09:29 PM Re: 314(a) Notice
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Reminder---your problem could be your firewall, check with IT dept. You can also search BOL for additional info. on this type of problem.

Return to Top
#69258 - 03/24/03 09:57 PM Re: 314(a) Notice
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I was recently at a Deposits Compliance Seminar with the my state Bankers Assosiation. I did ask them about this because my bank has not received anything from FinCEN. They informed me that if I have already made sure that FinCEN has our correct contact information then I shouldn't worry, because eventually, my time will come. Apparantly from what they have seen, there is a reason that FinCEN is not sending these requests to every single bank in the country.

However, keep in mind that this may just be the opinion of two people from the WBA. I would suggest that people take the advice from the BOL gurus and get to the bottom of what is going on. I sure don't want to end up with 150 requests in 1 hour.

Return to Top
#69259 - 03/24/03 10:05 PM Re: 314(a) Notice
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Be careful when you contact your regulator (mine is the OCC) to add contacts to receive the requests. I requested to add an additional contact and they changed the contact person. Now only the additional person receives the requests. Also, as far as time frame is concerned, it took two cycles of requests for the change to come about.

Return to Top
#69260 - 03/25/03 07:46 AM Re: 314(a) Notice
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Here's one of the best suggestions for your Contact Information: Have your IT Department create a "group" e-mail address that goes to all of the folks who are involved in processing the 314(a) requests as well as any "back-up" folks who would cover for vacation, sick-days, out-of-office conferences, etc.

Use that e-mail address for your contact information.

Return to Top