BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#694350 - 02/28/07 02:11 PM National Ron-poon's European Vacation
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i am leaving for europe on the 14th of march returning the 29th.
frankfurt(airport hub only)-luxembourg-paris-brussels-amsterdam-cologne-frankfurt.

i am taking a digi camera and i am awful with taking pics but i am going to try really hard this time. can anybody suggest a photo-hosting site so i can share my pics?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#694353 - 02/28/07 02:15 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Amsterdam huh...

My BFF uses Kodac to share her photos, but I think she may pay a fee. I think you might be able to use photobucket.

Return to Top
#694363 - 02/28/07 02:21 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation cheekEE
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
yeah. 2 nights in luxembourg, 3 nights in paris, 3 nights in brussels, 5 nights in amsterdam, 1 night in cologne. it just worked out that way.

photobucket, eh? how does that work?

Return to Top
#694366 - 02/28/07 02:24 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
Try Shutterfly. I've never used it personally. But my spread-all-over-the-US family members share by it a lot.

Return to Top
#694367 - 02/28/07 02:25 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Photobucket works pretty good, but some others that you might consider are Flicker and Fotki.

While in Brussels, do yourself a favor and go have dinner at La Maison du Cygne.

Return to Top
#694368 - 02/28/07 02:26 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Bailey.
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
awesome. we are taking a laptop with us because there seems to be wifi in each of our hotels so i can upload as we go.

Return to Top
#694370 - 02/28/07 02:28 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Bimmer
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Bimmer

While in Brussels, do yourself a favor and go have dinner at La Maison du Cygne.

is it expensive?

i am really looking forward to drinking lots and lots of belgian beer- the finest in the world.

Return to Top
#694376 - 02/28/07 02:31 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico
Originally Posted By: Bimmer

is it expensive?

i am really looking forward to drinking lots and lots of belgian beer- the finest in the world.

It is a bit pricey, but most definitely worth it.

Return to Top
#694378 - 02/28/07 02:32 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster

No matter what country you're in, try the local beer/wine. It's always good. (and usually cheaper than soda)

I spent a semester in Europe and the food/drink was as much of an adventure as the sites. Eat, drink, be merry... and make public transportation your friend!

Return to Top
#694387 - 02/28/07 02:37 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Bailey.
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
ok, i am a european regular (this is my 5th trip) so i know that a pint is cheaper than a bottle of fanta.

we are taking the train everywhere so good advice.

bimmer, do you remember roughly where that restaurant is?

Return to Top
#694391 - 02/28/07 02:39 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
ok, i am a european regular (this is my 5th trip) so i know that a pint is cheaper than a bottle of fanta.

we are taking the train everywhere so good advice.

bimmer, do you remember roughly where that restaurant is?

http://www.lamaisonducygne.be/uk_home.php

Return to Top
#694394 - 02/28/07 02:40 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Bimmer
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
you have a good memory

Return to Top
#694399 - 02/28/07 02:42 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
bimms, since we are trying to pack light, i don't know if we'd have appropriate attire to dine there.

Return to Top
#694405 - 02/28/07 02:47 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
you have a good memory

Ron, when a restaurant leaves an impact on you like this one, it is not easy to forget.

Return to Top
#694415 - 02/28/07 02:54 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
i am leaving for europe on the 14th of march returning the 29th.
frankfurt(airport hub only)-luxembourg-paris-brussels-amsterdam-cologne-frankfurt.

i am taking a digi camera and i am awful with taking pics but i am going to try really hard this time. can anybody suggest a photo-hosting site so i can share my pics?

Ron, another one to consider is Shutterbug.com. And pop into Barnes and Noble. Last week I saw what appeared to be a very easy reading guide to digital photography, and there is probably a quick guides.

Have a great time when it finally comes.

Return to Top
#694468 - 02/28/07 03:35 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Did you dress up as a pig to win this vacation?

Return to Top
#694476 - 02/28/07 03:40 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
I am jealous! I have always dreamt of going to Europe, but that won't be happening anytime soon. Have a great trip!

Return to Top
#694521 - 02/28/07 04:10 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Peepers
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Mr. Peepers
Did you dress up as a pig to win this vacation?

i dressed up as a dedicated employee for months!

(actually, we really wanted to stay at a place called "the flying pig" in amsterdam but it was already booked)

Return to Top
#694523 - 02/28/07 04:12 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Angel Eyes
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Jennifer
I am jealous! I have always dreamt of going to Europe, but that won't be happening anytime soon. Have a great trip!

thanks jennifer!

actually, i have been fortunate enough to have gone to europe 4 previous times and it really is all it's cracked up to be. this is my gf's first time there. based on our plans, i'd have to say that this will without a doubt be the best of my 5 trips.

Return to Top
#694527 - 02/28/07 04:15 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
update:

DHL just delivered our eurail passes to my work. i've spent the last 15 minutes making people here jealous.

Return to Top
#694535 - 02/28/07 04:20 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Hated By Some
Jaeger Schnitzel Offline
Gold Star
Jaeger Schnitzel
Oregon
Ron, you aren't missing out with the Flying Pig. I spent a school year in Europe when I was 19 and stayed at a lot of hostels. The Flying Pig is definately near the bottom of the list. Other accommodations to aviod: The Generator in London, and the Yoho in Salzburg. By all means, go to the bar at the Yoho, but aviod the accommodations (shudders).

Return to Top
#694556 - 02/28/07 04:41 PM Re: National Ron-poon's European Vacation Jaeger Schnitzel
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I use Picturetrail.com....some free space and then a 20 annual fee for tons additional space.

A coworker here said she uses Shutterbug too...and no fee and tons of free space.

Return to Top