Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#695552 - 03/02/07 02:40 PM E-Statements
Reed Offline
Diamond Poster
Reed
West Coast
We have been working on setting up e-statements, still working out some kinks, and someone brought up a good question. I would just like to know how some of you handle this.

When a customer signs up for e-statements, do they sign up for just one account at a time, or all their accounts with the same titleing? What is your process for determining what accounts they want e-statements for.

Thanks

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#695560 - 03/02/07 02:53 PM Re: E-Statements Reed
kw@fnb Offline
100 Club
Beatrice, NE
They list each account they want e-statements for. They also have to return a retrieved statement from each account (per reg).

Return to Top
#700126 - 03/12/07 08:41 PM Re: E-Statements kw@fnb
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:
They also have to return a retrieved statement from each account (per reg)

Demonstrable consent is required and this is one way to do that. But there are others. And if it works for one account, it is logical to assume that other accounts will have the same result so one time should do you if they want to add accounts later.

I agree that it is best on an account by account basis. You may a one person who is joint with several others on several accounts. Each of them may not want e-statements, providing this "choice" as a good alternative.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#701144 - 03/14/07 04:39 PM Re: E-Statements Andy_Z
MaryRink Offline
Gold Star
Northern MN
Is there model language for the disclosure? I'm looking for a statement for the customer to sign when they are signing up for electronic statements.

Return to Top
#701707 - 03/15/07 02:25 PM Re: E-Statements MaryRink
Reed Offline
Diamond Poster
Reed
West Coast
They have to do more than sign a statement saying that they want e-statements. Also, there is not a one size fits all discloure or process. Sorry.

Do a search on this and also read the cover article for ABA's Compliance magazine for Jan/Feb.

Return to Top
#710292 - 04/03/07 12:52 PM Re: E-Statements Reed
marketing101 Offline
New Poster
We are wanting to establish e statements at my bank. I am new to this and would like to know what steps I need to do to make this happen. Any and all suggestions would be nice. Do I have to use the vendor who manages our website right now. We use esolutions and ITI. Thoughts???

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z