Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 35 of 60 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 59 60
Thread Options
#694815 - 02/28/07 09:50 PM Re: Lost BurntSienna
CAWorkingGirl Offline
Gold Star
According to the pre-views tonight is ANOTHER cant miss episode...something good better happen, other than Hugo and that LOTR guys looking all excited.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#694956 - 03/01/07 01:52 PM Re: Lost CAWorkingGirl
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
Anything exciting happen?? I fell asleep again; made it til about 9:45. Hope they do move the show back to 8:00 next season as is rumored.

Return to Top
#694972 - 03/01/07 02:28 PM Re: Lost Neytiri
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I thought last night's show was entertaining but very little "happened." Kate and Sawyer got back to the beach. It was mostly about Hurley finding a van in the jungle, and trying to get it running. Lots of Hurley flashbacks.

I'd say the only thing that really advanced the story line is that Kate took off on her own to "get help" to go back and free Jack. Of course, Sayid and Locke went after her, and the show ended with Russo showing up, and Kate asking her to help get Jack and saying that she thinks Alex is her daughter.

Return to Top
#695124 - 03/01/07 05:16 PM Re: Lost Hoosierland
Bunky Offline
100 Club
calif
yeah it was a good show...I love Sawyer and all his little nicknames he has for everything!! ....callin Hurley Ihop and I cant remember all the funny stuff, its just great. Yea lots of Hurley flashbacks too, Cheech is his dad, I love it, what a jerk he is too! good show, doesnt really answer very many questions...just makes more questions....oh well

Return to Top
#695145 - 03/01/07 05:31 PM Re: Lost Bunky
Y M I Here Offline
New Poster
Y M I Here
MN
I was upset. They made it sound like it was the one that couldn't be missed and it was nothing that we really didn't know already.

Return to Top
#695157 - 03/01/07 05:48 PM Re: Lost Y M I Here
Chippersan Offline
I heard on the radio this morning that they extended the contract through 2010. Not sure if it's true or not. But if that's the case it seems like they would just be dragging things out.

Return to Top
#695184 - 03/01/07 06:29 PM Re: Lost Y M I Here
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Y M I Here
I was upset. They made it sound like it was the one that couldn't be missed and it was nothing that we really didn't know already.

they also made it seem like they were "revealing" secrets last week. i can't believe i left the WoW battlegrounds to watch this. i think i might wait until the season is over and then watch it on DVD.

Return to Top
#695207 - 03/01/07 07:07 PM Re: Lost Neytiri
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Originally Posted By: Donna Banker
Anything exciting happen?? I fell asleep again; made it til about 9:45. Hope they do move the show back to 8:00 next season as is rumored.

I'm at the BOL Conference in Vegas. Lost didn't come on until PM here!!! That's midnight in Central Time (where I'm from), so it was very difficult to stay engaged during the show. I kept drifting off and missed a lot. Good thing I can watch it again on my iPod or at ABC.com On the other hand, it doesn't sound like I missed much.

Return to Top
#695215 - 03/01/07 07:11 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
agreed, they spent most of the program supporting Hurley's obsession with finding some hope in getting that old VW bus running

Return to Top
#695249 - 03/01/07 07:46 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
CAWorkingGirl Offline
Gold Star
Don't bother!
Like another poster said the biggest moment was the last 35 seconds when Kate went to find Jack and enlisted that French Ladies help...and also said that a "young girl" helped her escape the others, and said "I think it was your daughter"...ohhhhhhhhhh BIG Surprise there!!! NOT.

Return to Top
#695310 - 03/01/07 08:59 PM Re: Lost CAWorkingGirl
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
In my opinion, it was a great episode last night. Not every episode can be like a Hollywood blockbuster, folks!

The writing on the show is fantastic, the multiple story lines are great, the characters are multi-dimensional and interesting... for my money, this is a great show with great entertainment factor every single week. Best show on TV in my opinion, even on a slower / tamer episode night! People can say all they like that "not enough happened" but I for one am enjoying the slow, delicious, peeling back the layers of the onion to reveal who these people truly ARE! Sit back and enjoy it! I think so much of our culture has become all about instant gratification... I rather enjoy the small pleasures in life that take time to unfold.

Also, FWIW, I think the "secrets revealed" episode did exactly what was promised - we got answers to some pretty big question marks in my mind. We now know that the children who were "taken" are indeed living with The Others and are still alive. We found out that the flight attendant (can't place her name at the moment) from the plane is still alive and with The Others somehow, after vanishing during the episode when Ana Lucia, Eko, and the gang were coming back to the beach. We found out (for sure) that The Others don't live on the small island, but rather that they live on the main island where our castaways are. This was confirmation for sure of a lot of nebulous things, I thought.

Return to Top
#695325 - 03/01/07 09:13 PM Re: Lost BurntSienna
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
On the surface, last night's episode doesn't seem to be very important, but it is a definite change in Hurley. He believed in something and made it happen - something good. Disaster did not happen. It seems whenever there is 'fun' on this show, Hurley is involved. Wasn't the field they drove the car around the same one he used to build the golf course in the first season?

Return to Top
#695328 - 03/01/07 09:14 PM Re: Lost BurntSienna
rmarie Offline
I agree with BurntSienna. I will continue to watch even if the episodes are slow going and they have not answered all our questions. If they answer them all, why then would we watch?

Return to Top
#695337 - 03/01/07 09:27 PM Re: Lost BurntSienna
CAWorkingGirl Offline
Gold Star
I did not really learn anything new about Hugo with that episode. I think I could have missed that episode and not lost a thing (ha ha lost..get it..ha). They will show the last 35 seconds on next weeks opening.

I like the show and am always entertained, but it did not live up to the shows hype.

It frustrated me when Hugo was driving around the field I was shouting at the TV...SAVE THE GAS!!

Return to Top
#695342 - 03/01/07 09:37 PM Re: Lost CAWorkingGirl
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Did anyone else notice that they were running out of Dharma food? During the episode 2 weeks ago, Jack asked Tom why if they had the means to leave the island, didn't they just take Ben somewhere to get him the help that he needed. Tom started saying 'since the sky went purple' (when the hatch exploded), then Kate and Sawyer came in on the walkie-talkie and that was the end of the discussion.

Return to Top
#695445 - 03/02/07 12:31 AM Re: Lost Snow Bunny
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I think Tom was going to say something like "since the sky went purple, we have lost contact with the outside" or "we have lost communications". There was a similar comment on an earlier episode (but I can't remember who said it).

Return to Top
#695584 - 03/02/07 03:24 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
I agree with BurntSiena as well. People want answers, and if they don't get them, they trash the show. Does something earth shattering happen on Ugly Betty every week? Probably not, and people like that show.

This weeks show was entertaining, pure and simple, we learned more about Hurley, and it appears that he broke 'the curse'.

I say drag-on the mystery as long as you want, I enjoy the show. They could lighten-up on the proclamations in the commercials a little though.

Return to Top
#695611 - 03/02/07 03:43 PM Re: Lost Bankster
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Episodes like this week (and for the most part last week) are basically character studies. I'm about to make a broad-sweeping generalization, but the general tv watching population does not like character study episodes. Yes, there is this underlying conspiracy or mystery with the island, but that is not the only plot - it is also about how the characters act and react on the island, and how they change.

I thought this weeks episode was pretty good - i like the multiple storylines and how each character has or has not changed (ahem, Sawyer). Hurley is my favorite character, because I think he has the most interesting back story. I was a big fan of the hippie van, and the thought that he was trying to 'change' his luck.

One thing though - I would NEVER drink beer I found in the jungle. I drank a can that was over a year old once, and I was sick as a DOG.

Return to Top
#695644 - 03/02/07 04:09 PM Re: Lost Bankster
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
I agree with BurntSiena as well. People want answers, and if they don't get them, they trash the show.

fwiw, i LOVE the show. i'm not trashing it. i'm just saying that i think my ADHD requires me to watch a bunch of episodes in a row.

but yeah, if they wouldn't act like "big secrets are going to be revealed" and then at 11 i'm like "did i miss something?" i'd just accpet it a little easier.

Return to Top
#695676 - 03/02/07 04:50 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Hopefully, now that February sweeps are over, the commercials will lighten up. I agree they've been a bit on the "dramatic" side!

Return to Top
#695717 - 03/02/07 05:36 PM Re: Lost BurntSienna
CAWorkingGirl Offline
Gold Star
That was my point. The HYPE commercials bug.

I also really like character building and getting to know and love them. I think my two favorite people are Mr. Echo (now dead) and Sa-id (sp?). Dark people, dark pasts rising to the occaision.

Have you been able to catch the Battlestar Galactica Miniseries on DVD? That, IMHO, is the BEST show on TV right now. Blows Lost out of the water. It has multiple story lines, like lost, deep characters with some episodes acting as "story line builders"...but with all the different stories going on in each episode there is resolution or major discovery with some of the people. It keeps you hooked.

Return to Top
#698390 - 03/08/07 01:49 PM Re: Lost BurntSienna
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Wow, last night's episode was great! Sayid is my favorite, so I enjoyed so much of the focus being on him last night. You just knew Locke was going to enter the code that would cause that building to blow up. He used to seem pretty savvy to me, but I think his unwillingness to communicate with others is really turning out to be his downfall. I mean, would it really have been that hard to go tell Sayid and Kate what is happening on that computer BEFORE you enter a code? Anyway, great show last night!

Return to Top
#698484 - 03/08/07 03:45 PM Re: Lost Hoosierland
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Ugh, that bit with Locke just bugged me. "Hmm, nice living quarters, a computer, a ton of Dharma Initiative manuals, clothing, refrigeration, ice, a horse, cattle, communications equipment...best blow it up!"

Return to Top
#698492 - 03/08/07 03:51 PM Re: Lost RandomName
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i echo the great episode sentiments AND the "WTF are you doing, locke" sentiments. he used to be my favorite. i have a feeling he will redeem himself though.

Return to Top
#698522 - 03/08/07 04:10 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
Bank Angler Offline
Gold Star
Bank Angler
Just a short drive from Lake E...
"Patchy" told Sayid that the Flame was the hub for the electic for all stations. After Locke blew it up, how will the "barracks" have power? So many questions..

Great episode last night again.
|
|
¿ <°)))><

Return to Top
Page 35 of 60 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 59 60