Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#698539 - 03/08/07 04:24 PM RESPA Fees
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
Our construction/perm loans charge a $350 Construction Inspection fee that shows payable to the bank on the HUD-1. We allow for 6 inspections at $75/ea during the construction period. If more inspections are used, the extra fees are collected "most of the time" on the HUD-1 at modification. But, if only 5 inspections are used, they are putting the extra $75 into income & not refunding. The inspections are being conducted by appraisers and the bank, depending on the circumstances. I understand the position of upcharging 3rd party fees, but does this qualify since there is no way of knowing who is going to conduct the inspections?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#698653 - 03/08/07 05:57 PM Re: RESPA Fees Georgia Golfer
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"the extra fees are collected "most of the time" on the HUD-1 at modification"

If you are doing a construction/perm - what HUD-1 at modification?

6 times $75 = $450? Additional charges of $75 would be a subsequent event. Keeping any unearned inspection fees = receiving an unearned fee.

Return to Top
#698792 - 03/08/07 08:00 PM Re: RESPA Fees rlcarey
Georgia Golfer Offline
Gold Star
Georgia Golfer
1st Tee
Sorry, Randy, I meant $450. The mort. dept has been providing an additional HUD-1 at modification.

Your last sentence answered my question. If they charge $450 atthe original closing & bill out $375 during the construction phase, they should be refunding the extra $75 at closing.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z