Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#698228 - 03/07/07 09:47 PM Metallica to Start Recording New Album
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
For any former/current Metallica fans out there, I saw an online video clip last night talking about how Metallica was to begin recording their new album on Monday 3/12/07. What is your take?
Metallica 2007
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 03/07/07 05:00 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#698237 - 03/07/07 09:54 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album GuitarDude
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Metallica is GOD. Plain and simple. I never miss then when they come to NY. I saw them 2 nights in a row at Nassau Coliseum.

That aside, things have went down hill since the Black album. The following albums have been good, some with one or two great songs. But every song on Kill'em All, Ride the Lightening, Master of Puppets, And Justice for All... and the Black album was amazing. I am hoping they go back to their roots.

Return to Top
#698239 - 03/07/07 09:56 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album GuitarDude
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I would also be interested in finding out how long any of you voters have been Metallica fans.

I would have chosen #1 and 4 if I had allowed multiple votes, but oh well. I think Rick Rubin might be able to get through Lars' massive ego. If he can't, nobody can. With players like Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo, you need to let them do their thing. One thing I am sure of is if we get another St. Anger, I am done with Metallica! This time I mean it!!

Return to Top
#698242 - 03/07/07 09:56 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album GuitarDude
WesMantooth Offline
Gold Star
WesMantooth
San Diego
I wish I could vote for 1 and 2. St. Anger was a horrible piece of crap. There were actually a couple of decent songs on Load and Reload, albeit different from old school Metallica. But now they are a joke. I'll download it, listen to it once, and probably delete it if it is anything like their previous efforts.

Return to Top
#698248 - 03/07/07 09:58 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album WesMantooth
WesMantooth Offline
Gold Star
WesMantooth
San Diego
It's never going to be like it used to be. I don't think those guys have that kind of music in them anymore. I hope I'm wrong guys, but why are we expecting a return to their prime after 16 years of writing crap?

Return to Top
#698253 - 03/07/07 10:00 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album ACBbank
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: ACBbank
Metallica is GOD.

I thought your God was Darwin, you phoney.

Return to Top
#698257 - 03/07/07 10:03 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album GuitarDude
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Just get rid of the drummer.

Return to Top
#698260 - 03/07/07 10:05 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album Peepers
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I am just hoping for Black Album part 2. Please, oh please, oh please!! I would have voted for #1 and #4, if it were multiple choice. I have been a fan of Metallica since I can remember...and that's a long enough time ago.

Return to Top
#698275 - 03/07/07 10:28 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album °X°
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Originally Posted By: _X_

I voted number two and completely agree with the above. I don't know how he gets through doors with that ever-growing noggin of his. Didn't they just get through recording some sort of kids album??

Return to Top
#698380 - 03/08/07 01:39 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album Peepers
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Originally Posted By: Mr. Peepers
Originally Posted By: ACBbank
Metallica is GOD.

I thought your God was Darwin, you phoney.

One of the benefits of not following any one religion, means I can have many false idols.

Return to Top
#698381 - 03/08/07 01:40 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album ACBbank
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
I have been a Metallica fan since the mid to late 80's. I am not ready to give up hope on them just yet.

Return to Top
#698396 - 03/08/07 02:06 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album GuitarDude
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
I would also be interested in finding out how long any of you voters have been Metallica fans.

I would have chosen #1 and 4 if I had allowed multiple votes, but oh well. I think Rick Rubin might be able to get through Lars' massive ego. If he can't, nobody can. With players like Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo, you need to let them do their thing. One thing I am sure of is if we get another St. Anger, I am done with Metallica! This time I mean it!!

I voted #1. They haven't been hardcore since the Black Album. Been a fan since the early 80's, when death metal ruled, and it was always Metallica/Anthrax or Maiden/Queensryche.

Metallica needs to go back to their angry thrashing roots.

Return to Top
#698566 - 03/08/07 04:48 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album Fork Ate Spoon
WesMantooth Offline
Gold Star
WesMantooth
San Diego
Originally Posted By: Fork eats Spoon

I voted number two and completely agree with the above. I don't know how he gets through doors with that ever-growing noggin of his. Didn't they just get through recording some sort of kids album??

I think you're talking about the Rockabye Baby stuff. I found out last Friday that my wife was pregnant with our first child and I saw the Metallica kids album. I don't think they recorded it... they just had to release the rights for this guy to redo it. It is recorded with xylophones and a few other instruments. It's actually pretty cool. I know we're both big fans of Tool and they have one as well. NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Led Zep...

Return to Top
#698590 - 03/08/07 05:08 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album WesMantooth
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Originally Posted By: WesMantooth
Originally Posted By: Fork eats Spoon

I think you're talking about the Rockabye Baby stuff. I found out last Friday that my wife was pregnant with our first child and I saw the Metallica kids album. I don't think they recorded it... they just had to release the rights for this guy to redo it. It is recorded with xylophones and a few other instruments. It's actually pretty cool. I know we're both big fans of Tool and they have one as well. NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Led Zep...

Oh, I know what you're talking about. I have seen those at Baby Depot (Burlington). I already bought the Floyd, Nirvana, and of course Tool for our lil kiddo due in September.

Back to Tool.. I was so mad when Danny tore his dang bicep picking up his dog. Again the S.A. show was rescheduled and we had tickets to see them in Vegas on the 16th as well. This was my wedding gift from my fiance. She's a huge fan of Tool as well, but didn't want to see them on our honeymoon so I had to agree to see friggin Celine Dion so I could see Tool. I now completely regret my decision.

Return to Top
#698592 - 03/08/07 05:09 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album WesMantooth
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I would rather hear Apocalyptica, the cello players who do Metallica songs than Metallica. It's better music.

Return to Top
#698649 - 03/08/07 05:55 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album B_F
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
I would rather hear Apocalyptica, the cello players who do Metallica songs than Metallica. It's better music.

Now this is where I think our tastes differ, I would rather shove an ice pick in my ear, but that's just me.

Return to Top
#698735 - 03/08/07 07:01 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album GuitarDude
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Metallica are a basically a bunch of self-righteous, fan-hating metal-heads who sometimes are lucky enough to make good music (occasionally).

Here's a band that I've been getting into lately: Orphaned Land.

(I bet Blind Guardian has heard of them before.)

Return to Top
#698759 - 03/08/07 07:36 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album buggs
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny
Metallica are a basically a bunch of self-righteous, fan-hating metal-heads who sometimes are lucky enough to make good music (occasionally).

Some of their recent actions would lead me to agree with you. I dont necessarily fault them for the Napster thing, as that is their art being given away for free basically.

Also, the 1st 4 Metallica albums( 5 if you include the black album) were amazing. I think that is somewhat above occasionally.

Return to Top
#698831 - 03/08/07 08:37 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album ACBbank
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
The Supernova tour must be over...

Return to Top
#698916 - 03/08/07 09:39 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album Bailey.
WesMantooth Offline
Gold Star
WesMantooth
San Diego
Yeah Fork, I had tickets to the show in Southaven, MS on March 30th. They just announced that it is rescheduled for May 15th. That's actually sooner than I expected. I thought they weren't going to play any shows until after Bonnaroo. It sucks though because it moved from a Friday night to a Tuesday night. Oh well...

Return to Top
#1020671 - 08/14/08 09:14 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album WesMantooth
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I thought I would revive this thread since we now have a (supposed) release date for Metallica's new album "Death Magnetic" on 9/12/08. Looking back to the start of this thread, they began recording almost a year and a half ago!

So, is anyone still looking forward to the new Metallica album?

Here are the results of the poll as of this post. If you already voted I don't think you can vote again, but have your thoughts changed, stayed the same, or did you ever care to begin with?

Metallica hasn\'t done anything musically relevant since 1991\'s \"Black Album.\"
5 votes - 26%

The Napster fiasco swore me off of Metallica forever.
4 votes - 21%

I like all of their stuff and can\'t wait for more.
2 votes - 11%

With Rick Rubin involved this time, I will probably give them a chance.
2 votes - 11%

Metallica is still around?
6 votes - 32%

Return to Top
#1020674 - 08/14/08 09:21 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album GuitarDude
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I hope it's better than St. Anger

Return to Top
#1020688 - 08/14/08 09:44 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album GuitarDude
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
So, is anyone still looking forward to the new Metallica album?

Nope. Not me. I might listen to if someone gave it to me for free, but even then I'm not sure I would. Metallica are a bunch of morans.

Return to Top
#1020744 - 08/14/08 10:36 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album buggs
SKULLSPLATTER Offline
100 Club
SKULLSPLATTER
On the concrete
I somewhat am looking forward to it, i have heard a couple new songs, and then a couple "imposter" Metallica songs which are done by totally different bands and arent even them at all. all which seem to be decent and Metallica (the real Metallica ones is what im talking about)

Peepers: i know EXACTLY what you mean, and so does 3/4's the metal and non metal community, and im thinking this album is going to wipe with St. Anger.

Return to Top
#1021160 - 08/15/08 04:23 PM Re: Metallica to Start Recording New Album SKULLSPLATTER
Blind Guardian Offline
Platinum Poster
It's a shame but Metallica just aren't what they used to be anymore, they haven't evolved. They've tried but failed miserably. They need to look at bands like Megadeth, Testament and Slayer who have been around just as long but are still putting out kick a-- music!

I'm looking forward to the new Iced Earth with the return of Matt Barlow!! It comes out September 9th.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2