Learn More - Click Here!

Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Thread Options
#700606 - 03/13/07 06:13 PM Re: American Idol pjs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Lol I couldn't take two hours of some of the AI folks either. Heck, I don't think ANYONE could take two hours of Someguyah Madeittoofar singing!

The good news is, you only hear each performer for a few minutes each.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#700618 - 03/13/07 06:25 PM Re: American Idol B_F
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
Lol I couldn't take two hours of some of the AI folks either. Heck, I don't think ANYONE could take two hours of Someguyah Madeittoofar singing!

who the heck is Someguyah???

Return to Top
#700660 - 03/13/07 07:14 PM Re: American Idol pjs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
sanjaya, the MJ wanna be

Return to Top
#700661 - 03/13/07 07:15 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
all righty then. Thanks.

Return to Top
#700667 - 03/13/07 07:24 PM Re: American Idol pjs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
You know, Some Guy uh Made it too far!

Sanjaya!

Return to Top
#700859 - 03/14/07 04:02 AM Re: American Idol B_F
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
The girls - once again - rocked tonight! I didn't really hear any guy who I thought should stay. Go girls!

Return to Top
#700864 - 03/14/07 10:42 AM Re: American Idol BBoyd
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I agree, Lakisha, Stephanie & Melinda were great!

Return to Top
#700872 - 03/14/07 11:54 AM Re: American Idol Retired DQ
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Yeah, I have to agree the girls have it this season. I really like Jordin- she did awesome. I also like Gina altho the judges were iffy with her last night. Yeah yeah Melinda and Lakisha rock.

Chris needs to put his glasses back on. I still like Blake.
Sunjaya has got to go....but I'll be very surprised if he does tonite because of the gag gag I mean the goo goo girls that think he is something.

Does anyone else think that Hallie is a wanna be Kathryn McPhee?

And I love Simon no matter at times he acts like an idiot.

Return to Top
#700881 - 03/14/07 12:25 PM Re: American Idol pjs
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I agree with Patrice, Sanjaya has got to go, but there were others who didn't do so well (forget the words, anyone???) so he may hang around. He is just a "weak" singer--totally out of his league.

Hooray for Simon for finally saying what I have thought all along. . .that Chris (not Chris Sligh, Chris "Justin Timberlake wannabe") was not that good vocally. I think he is very nasally when he sings and I do not enjoy listening to him at all.

Although I would like for Sanjaya to go, my bet is it will either be Brandon or Haley.

Return to Top
#700885 - 03/14/07 12:32 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
I agree that it will probably be Brandon or Haley. How the heck did Sanjaya get in the top 24 in the first place? He is just not good enough. Unfortunately, for him and for the audience, he will continue along because the little kids like him and the Vote for the Worst crowd will get satisfaction out of watching him butcher songs each week.

I think that Melinda, LaKisha and Jordin were the best last night. The rest were just so-so. BTW, is anybody else creeped out by Phil? I feel like Nosferatu is singing to me each week.

Return to Top
#700897 - 03/14/07 01:08 PM Re: American Idol CelticsPride
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: CelticsPride
BTW, is anybody else creeped out by Phil? I feel like Nosferatu is singing to me each week.

LOL! I thought I was alone! I really like his voice, but I have to close my eyes or walk into the other room because he gives me the creeps.

Return to Top
#700903 - 03/14/07 01:20 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
There is something a bit creepy about Phil, but he can sing! He kind of reminds me of Elliot Yamin in that sense. Hopefully they can coach him out of being creepy.

I feel a bit the same about Melinda's appearance. There is something about the way she looks that creeps me out a bit. She's too square shaped! It looks unnatural. But WOW, she can sing!

I actually liked all the girls last night, including Haley, and I have not liked her, and I was unhappy with her for staying when Sabrina was cut.

I hope Someguya Gottoofar goes home tonight, but somehow I have a feeling that like others before him, he will indeed continue to butcher songs and make us wish he was cut for too long. If he doesn't go home, then I hope it will be Chris Richardson or Brandon.

Return to Top
#700908 - 03/14/07 01:23 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
I think what bugs me about Phil is his really dark eyebrows against his pale skin and bald head. It just seems wrong!

Return to Top
#700910 - 03/14/07 01:26 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Phil creeps me out too! He was a bit better without a hat this week. Last week, I kept telling my husband that he looks like somebody's "dirty" (as in perverted) old uncle! Even hubby agrees that he is mildly creepy.

I agree, BF, that there is something odd about Melinda--if she had a longer neck, I think that would resolve the "oddness." But wow, can that girl sing!!

I think that is one thing (of many) that is unrealistic about this "reality" show--the vast majority of time, when I hear music, it is just that. . .HEARING music. I don't SEE the singer while I'm listening to the song. It is hard when watching this show to ignore what you're seeing and focus on what you're hearing, when in reality, most of the time once these people hit the radio, all you will be doing is HEARING and it won't matter a bit what they look like.

Return to Top
#700911 - 03/14/07 01:26 PM Re: American Idol #12
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
12, Are you sure it isn't that his eyes seem ready to explode from his head when he's looking at you? Or do you think that is because of his eyebrows?

Return to Top
#700921 - 03/14/07 01:41 PM Re: American Idol B_F
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
I don't know for sure. Last night I just really noticed the eyebrows!

Return to Top
#700932 - 03/14/07 01:51 PM Re: American Idol #12
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
Heard Sanjaya got a perm... anyone have any pic links to that one? (scared as I am to actually look)

Return to Top
#700940 - 03/14/07 01:56 PM Re: American Idol #12
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Well I like Paul, I think he has talent and he doesn't seem creepy to me. I think he is handsome BUT I have a thing for bald head men, and I don't know why either.

Melinda has no neck thats why she looks strange but she reminds me of Gladys Knight. (sp) If I had to choose between her and Lakisha- I probably would choose Lakisha.

Should be interesting tonite because really I'd say anyone could go home tonite - cuz America is voting.

Return to Top
#700943 - 03/14/07 01:57 PM Re: American Idol Bailey.
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: Bailey.
Heard Sanjaya got a perm... anyone have any pic links to that one? (scared as I am to actually look)

Is that what they call it???
yeah instead of his singing he got rave reviews for his hair last night. Now someone creeping me out- he does. He needs to bust out with his voice. I wonder how loud he can scream??

Return to Top
#700961 - 03/14/07 02:12 PM Re: American Idol pjs
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Has anyone else noticed that Sanjaya's eyebrows get farther apart every week? Talk about strange....

Return to Top
#700965 - 03/14/07 02:18 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I almost fell over I was laughing so hard when a certain judge told Someguyah Gonetoofar that he would be a shoe in to win Hair Idol!

Return to Top
#700970 - 03/14/07 02:19 PM Re: American Idol pjs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: patrice
Well I like Paul, I think he has talent and he doesn't seem creepy to me. I think he is handsome BUT I have a thing for bald head men, and I don't know why either.

Melinda has no neck thats why she looks strange but she reminds me of Gladys Knight. (sp) If I had to choose between her and Lakisha- I probably would choose Lakisha.

Should be interesting tonite because really I'd say anyone could go home tonite - cuz America is voting.

1st off, who's Paul? You mean Phil? You must not like him that much if you can't remember his name!

THANK YOU for figuring out what it is that has been bugging me to everyone who said Melinda has no neck. That's exactly it. I have been trying to figure it out since the first time I heard her sing. LOVE that voice.

Return to Top
#700976 - 03/14/07 02:23 PM Re: American Idol B_F
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan

Someguya Gottoofar

LOL!!!

I really though besides 'Someguya' that Brandon was by far the weakest. I didn't like Chris Richardson either, I though his singing was awful, but I'd give him a pass over the other two.

It's really tough with the girls. I love Gina's attitude, and was impressed more by Jordin last night than I have been. While this was my least favorite Stephanie performance, it was still better than most of the contestants have been at this point in prior years. It's hard to decide if I like Melinda or Lakisha better...I tend to go with Melinda because I just like her voice a little better. There's something soothing about it to me.

I will say that Haley did better last night than she ever has; but as someone else said, she seemed to be in a Kat McPhee mode.

So I guess my bottom three from last night were Brandon, 'Someguya', and Chris Richardson...

Return to Top
#700978 - 03/14/07 02:24 PM Re: American Idol MadisonCali
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
What's wrong with being in a Kat McPhee mode? McPhee went a long way with her vocals last year.

Return to Top
#701007 - 03/14/07 02:44 PM Re: American Idol B_F
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Well, I don't think it's good for her to try to be exactly like someone who did well in the past. I don't think people are looking for a pale version of someone they voted for in the past, they want to be involved in finding someone new and fresh.

She needs to focus on the things that make her new and interesting, not try to be someone else, IMO...

Also, her voice just isn't as good as McPhee's. Her vibrato is uncontrolled and kind of irritating. She sounds like she's auditioning for broadway or 'Up With People' or something...
Last edited by MadisonCali; 03/14/07 02:46 PM.

Return to Top
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22