and the only way to get there is by some old creaky sub

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#704791 - 03/22/07 05:19 AM Re: Lost Pale Rider
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
hey, how about that magic box that brings your wishes to life? One thing kinda bugs me, isn't the guy playing Locke's father about the same age as Locke?

Return to Top
#704853 - 03/22/07 01:13 PM Re: Lost Pale Rider
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I agree, Pale Rider, that bugs me too. My hubby and I were just discussing during last night's show what horrible casting that is. If anything, I think the "dad" looks like he is younger than Locke.

Great show last night, but I hope Danielle gets all of the good guys out of the Others' camp soon. I really don't think we need a few more weeks of seeing them living in cages, etc. Been there, done that. I thought it was interesting that when Jack went to see Ben prior to going to board the sub, he was trying to extract promises from Ben of what he would do after Jack left. Um, if you're not going to be there to see that he keeps his word, just what is the point???

Wonder who will be the one to die in next week's episode?

Return to Top
#704903 - 03/22/07 02:02 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: David Dickinson
Yes, if the seminar is held on a remote island!

Weeeeell, some people think that the panhandle of West Texas IS a remote island.

Return to Top
#704919 - 03/22/07 02:15 PM Re: Lost Hoosierland
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Regarding the poor casting......who knows....a crazy reason for the age simularity might be revealed later. Anything can happen on Lost!!

At least we got to see that Locke's father was in the room. I figured they'd leave us hanging on that one until next week.

Return to Top
#704926 - 03/22/07 02:24 PM Re: Lost Hoosierland
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
Wonder who will be the one to die in next week's episode?
Vote for who will die
single choice (24 Total Votes:)
Jack - 0 (0%)
Kate - 0 (0%)
Sahid - 0 (0%)
Locke - 0 (0%)
Locke\'s Father - 5 (21%)
Ben - 2 (08%)
Tom - 3 (13%)
Juliette - 3 (13%)
Danielle - 4 (17%)
Alex - 0 (0%)
Other - 7 (29%)
Voting on this poll ends: 03/28/07 10:00 PM

Return to Top
#704943 - 03/22/07 02:42 PM Re: Lost swiggles
rmarie Offline
I think it might be someone other than the "others" b/c in the previews I remember Sun saying "Do you want to dig another grave?" Unless I am mistaken.

Return to Top
#704954 - 03/22/07 02:49 PM Re: Lost rmarie
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: rmarie
I think it might be someone other than the "others" b/c in the previews I remember Sun saying "Do you want to dig another grave?" Unless I am mistaken.

Oh....I missed the previews. Perhaps I should've listed the entire cast! Can one edit the content of a poll? I guess I was stupidly assuming we'd still be with the "Jack" group. But next week reverts back to the beach dwellers?

Return to Top
#705028 - 03/22/07 03:58 PM Re: Lost swiggles
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Yes, the previews showed Hurley and Charlie, and also Sun and Sawyer. Looked like Sawyer was digging the grave, and I believe Sun did ask if he wanted to have to dig another one. I also believe she slugged him after she said it.

Return to Top
#705070 - 03/22/07 04:27 PM Re: Lost Hoosierland
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
Yes, the previews showed Hurley and Charlie, and also Sun and Sawyer. Looked like Sawyer was digging the grave, and I believe Sun did ask if he wanted to have to dig another one. I also believe she slugged him after she said it.

Oh...gee! I hope it's not Charlie! He's doomed you know.
I like Charlie....don't want to see him go.

Return to Top
#705074 - 03/22/07 04:29 PM Re: Lost swiggles
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Maybe it will be one of the 2 "new" Losties, Niki or Paulo.

Return to Top
#705080 - 03/22/07 04:32 PM Re: Lost swiggles
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Hey I wonder if they will have heard the explosion of the submarine....or if it's simply too far away to hear.

Return to Top
#705313 - 03/22/07 08:20 PM Re: Lost swiggles
Bank Angler Offline
Gold Star
Bank Angler
Just a short drive from Lake E...
This show outdoes itself every week.

The guy that took the handcuffs off of Locke at the end was the same guy that recruited Juliette.

Even though the timeline doesn't fit, could it have been Locke that went by the window where Hurley told his accountant that he was cursed?

Alex had the most interesting line of the whole show when she told Locke that her father was a manipulator and got people to do things he wanted them to do while making them think it was their idea. This is the same explanation that Sawyer used when he was explaining the "long con" in one of his flashbacks.

I still think Anthony Cooper and Sawyer are related, either a son, or AC taught Sawyer the long con.

Since Alex talked about Ben being a con man, and Ben told Sawyer that he was a good con man, but Ben was better (in the episode that Ben took Sawyer and showed him that there were 2 islands), I wonder if Anthony Cooper is Jacob and is running the whole thing. When Ben said, "Bring me the man from Tallahassee, did he mean to have AC come to the island, or did they capture him? If AC is Jacob, then the beating he took was staged.

Can't wait for next week, I'm watching tonight's episode again when I get home. I'll have to squeeze it between listening to HS state tourneys on the radio and two NCAA games tonight.
|
|
¿ <°)))><

Return to Top
#705324 - 03/22/07 08:27 PM Re: Lost Bank Angler
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Bank Angler
The guy that took the handcuffs off of Locke at the end was the same guy that recruited Juliette.

Bank Angler, you see all the "angles." Yeah, I noticed that too, but I haven't seen the other mystery man that was in the morgue when Juliette was signing papers. Both of them gave me the willies.

Return to Top
#705355 - 03/22/07 08:51 PM Re: Lost swiggles
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
My take on Locke's father is that, Ben has been aware of Locke regaining his ability to walk for quite some time, and that he has targeted him dating back to when he was 'captured' and put into the hatch, in an effort to solve his own health problems. Ben is probably aware of the circumstances of Locke's injury, through police reports and such, and captured his father in an effort to gain Locke's trust. He seems to be working on Locke pretty hard.

I don't remember a mention of a 'Jacob', but my memory is not so great. I know some Others have referenced a 'him'. Wasn't there speculation that Desmond's girlfriends' dad was possibly involved somehow???

Return to Top
#705363 - 03/22/07 08:57 PM Re: Lost Bankster
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Thank you, Angler, for clearing up the mystery of where on earth I had seen the guy who unlocked Locke's handcuffs before. Sometimes that stuff just drives me nuts!

Here is the piece of the "Locke" puzzle that my hubby and I were discussing last night. Remember the episode where we saw Locke at the commune, where they were growing marijuana (or doing something with drugs--so long ago I don't recall). Did we ever see how/why he left the commune? It's been a while and I can't fit that part into the other things we know now about Locke.

Return to Top
#705364 - 03/22/07 08:58 PM Re: Lost Bankster
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
I remember after the hatch blew the Russian outpost seeing it on radar and Desmond's girlfriend being involved. I wonder if that will ever come into play.

Return to Top
#705381 - 03/22/07 09:17 PM Re: Lost swiggles
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: swiggles
Originally Posted By: Bank Angler

Bank Angler, you see all the "angles." Yeah, I noticed that too, but I haven't seen the other mystery man that was in the morgue when Juliette was signing papers. Both of them gave me the willies.

We already have met the second man from the morgue-recruitment-of-Juliette-flashback; this was Ethan Rom (incidentally, the name is an anagram of "Other Man"), who is already dead. Ethan was one of the Others, in fact we know he was their chief surgeon and physician. When the Oceanic plane crashed with all our Losties on it, Ben saw the plane going down and immediately sent 2 people out, one to go to where the "Tailies" (Ana Lucia, Mr. Eko, etc.) crashed - that was our buddy Goodwin, may he rest in peace, and one to go to live among the survivors of the main portion of the plane - that was Ethan.

Return to Top
#705673 - 03/23/07 03:30 PM Re: Lost BurntSienna
Bank Angler Offline
Gold Star
Bank Angler

If Locke's dad really wasn't captured, but came to the island to help in the con, he may be Ben's actual father also. Ben was born on the island, but doesn't mention his parents. Just a thought.

We haven't pieced the commune in yet, other than the box factory he worked at was also in Tuscan (sp), which is the same area as the commune was. I'm guessing that he left the commune, went to work at the box factory (or toy store, where he was working when his mother first approached him about the kidney). He was paralyzed while working at the box factory because he was in the wheel chair. (He was in the break room talking to 2 guys about his walkabout. One of the guys in the break room was the manager of Mr. Clucks where Hurley worked and later bought. Another link)

Impulse, I think that this link is going to come to play at some time. The russians told Penny that the had seen the signal/pulse that they had seen before. So the incident had happened before. They may have a location so maybe the island's location can be discovered. Her dad may be involved in the entire project (maybe he's Jacob), and he may have "steered" Desmond to the island to keep him away from his daughter.

Too many plots. I love it.
|
|
¿ <°)))><

Return to Top
#705685 - 03/23/07 03:34 PM Re: Lost Bank Angler
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Wow, I am as lost as the plane survivors, there are way to many angles and connections, my head is about to explode

Return to Top
#705700 - 03/23/07 03:48 PM Re: Lost Bank Angler
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
I think that Locke's dad is the man from Tallahassee, and was already on the island when the plane crashed. My first thought is that he tried to disappear after Locke filed a police report. He went to Florida, and was then given the opportunity to join the Others on the island and jumped at the chance to hide away in the south pacific.

Did anyone notice that Ben's fridge was stocked with Dharma stuff? Mikhail implied that the Other's were the "hostiles", but I have to wonder if they still aren't part of Dharma.

It will also be interesting to see how the Others respond to having their sub blown up - will Ben be in trouble?

BA - agree that Penny will be the one to find the island. The first time they saw the pulse was probably when Desmond was killing the other hatch dude (Mr. CIA) and didn't get the numbers input in time.

One other question that occured to me - if the Others really are people like Juliette who are just recruited to come to the island, how do they move silently and make people disappear as they did in season 2?

Great episode!

Return to Top
#708265 - 03/28/07 08:05 PM Re: Lost Zamboni Driver
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Man, these "Lost" producers are really going all out with interactive tie-ins:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17836220/

Return to Top
#708365 - 03/28/07 10:06 PM Re: Lost RVFlyboy
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Jim: I read the article "Space fireball just misses jetliner" that you linked to. I don't see the Lost tie-in???

The 2nd half of season 3 has been great. Looking forward to another great episode tonight.

Return to Top
#708490 - 03/29/07 01:53 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
The space fireball that just missed the jetliner took place in the South Pacific in the same vicinity as the Lost island supposedly is located. I was just being a smart aleck, with an implication that perhaps the debris was somehow related to the hatch explosion, sky turning purple, etc. I don't think it REALLY is a tie in.

Return to Top
#708494 - 03/29/07 01:58 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
Bank Angler Offline
Gold Star
Bank Angler
I'll get it started.

Locke telling Paulo that things don't stay buried on this island is going to be prophetic, but how will Nikki get out. Will Sawyer have second thoughts about the diamonds, or will Vincent dig her up? Vincent pulled the blanket off those two last night; we may discover he has "powers".

I think Nikki will survive, but Paulo may die. We saw Sawyer close her eyes, but didn't see anyone close his.

Is the island getting even for what people did outside the island? Nikki & Paulo poisoned someone and they got poisoned; Sawyer conned people and Ben conned him; Anna Lucia shot & killed someone and she got shot & killed. Any others?

I think that Ben told Juliette to cover the Pearl station hatch with the plane. Did he have something to do with Boone's death? He told Juliette last night that he would manipulate someone to get Jack to do the surgery.

I rewatched the Locke flashback after last nights show, and guess what was on his TV in his apartment? "Exposed".
|
|
¿ <°)))><

Return to Top
Page 37 of 60 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 59 60