Learn More - Click Here!

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Thread Options
#705121 - 03/22/07 05:12 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Quadspapa
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
The traitor is a tough one-it is too obvious that it is the girl they are holding (her name escapes me)...my wife thinks Milo, I always suspected Morris...for goodness sakes...another mole at CTU....someone in HR should be fired for not doign proper background checks....LOL

Did the SecDef survive the car crash last season? I forget. If he is alive, he probably resigned or wasn't part of the new administration...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#707063 - 03/27/07 02:17 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back TB 12
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Last night's episode seemed to set up a constitutional crisis between the Prez and the VP. How did these two ever get together? It was not a match made in Heaven.

Not being an IT person, I am not sure I understand how the computer was compromised at CTU. Or how believable a savant could be an accomplished computer hacker. Sorry if that is not the right term.

Return to Top
#707142 - 03/27/07 03:26 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Pale Rider
ForceFull1 Offline
Gold Star
ForceFull1
smalltown Iowa
Sox in '04: The Sec of Def is still alive. Someone mentioned that he was found in the car ok near the end of last season, though we never saw him after he drove it off the cliff.

Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Not being an IT person, I am not sure I understand how the computer was compromised at CTU. Or how believable a savant could be an accomplished computer hacker. Sorry if that is not the right term.

I'm with you PR. How the heck does a little doohickey like that get stuck on a gov't computer in a secure location? Well, maybe not so secure considering how many moles, traitors, and terrorists with explosives have managed to sneak in...

I think Bailey(?) was autistic. If so, many autistic individuals are exceptionally good with computers and other electronics. They are generally as intelligent as the average person, but lack social skills the rest of us develop normally.

Return to Top
#707221 - 03/27/07 04:20 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back ForceFull1
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
We've seen the Pres and the VP bang heads in a previous season (stupid 25th amendment)- I almost want to see the attack on the middle east go thru just to see how it affects the plot.

I really hope that Gredenko does not get away, as it looked like in the previews for next week - that just makes for a weak episode if they do the 'capture bad guy, bad guy gets away' thing. There has got to be a bigger twist just waiting around the corner.

Return to Top
#707334 - 03/27/07 05:44 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Skunk Boy
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
I agree, looks like a Prez vs. VP constitutional crisis coming up. I wonder how the ex-prez and Martha are doing? And Jack's father has been missing the last couple of episodes.

I think the traitor is Milo or Morris, or, Milo's girlfriend still could be it, that would be a real twist after she was supposedly cleared last night.

Return to Top
#710570 - 04/03/07 05:15 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Quadspapa
Storm\'s Mom Offline
New Jersey
Okay what did everyone think of last nights episode? How about the Pres? what is he thinking, too much adrenline?? LOL

Return to Top
#710577 - 04/03/07 05:21 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Storm\'s Mom
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
The pres must be thinking that he is being percieved as weak, and is desperate to prove otherwise. I thought it was funny when Gredenko gave up Fayed in the bar....and it looks like Gredenko will be taking a dirt (sand) nap...

So the previews show Jack getting shot next week. My wife is convinced that Jack will die at some point....

Return to Top
#710585 - 04/03/07 05:33 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back TB 12
Storm\'s Mom Offline
New Jersey
Oh god I hope not! I said the same thing but then what kind of "24" will it be? All I know is that every week it get's better and better! I was very impresed with Tom's actions (the bug) under the dish! I have a little more respect for him now.

Return to Top
#710591 - 04/03/07 05:38 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Storm\'s Mom
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Planting the bug was impressive-didn't see that coming....I am still waiting for the plot twist that will turn the show 180 degrees...always happens...

Return to Top
#710640 - 04/03/07 06:17 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back TB 12
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Yeah, it sure was convenient that Gredenko found that axe to chop off his arm, I guess the lesson for next time is to insert the homing device in all arms and legs. Looks like the Prez' brain has swelled again and he either makes bad decisions or is out of commission.

Gredenko proved sometimes there is no honor among thieves and terrorists.

I don't believe Jack can be killed off, unless it is the end of the series.

Return to Top
#710668 - 04/03/07 06:36 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Pale Rider
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Eh, I think Prez Wayne has that nuclear bird flying toward Middle Eastia as a ploy to get that ambassador guy to admit that his generic country has, in fact, been involved in the plots and can cough up intel if Palmer will auto-disarm the missile before it impacts.

Meanwhile, I don't care if Mike Doyle has read the Upanishads in his Epic Search for Meaning--he's still a punk and a jerk.

And are we supposed to believe that Gredenko's big drone-delivery plot was contingent on Milo making a one-time mistake that would disable CTU's ability to track the drones and have them shot down? And as for Mikey's threat to have Milo arrested for this--huh? I don't recall that failure to execute Security Protocol X is some kind of criminal offense.

Return to Top
#710712 - 04/03/07 07:00 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back RandomName
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Maybe Milo is a mole and this was his way of letting htem into the system-a boo boo but not super obvious. Something about Milo rubs me the wrong way...

You make a point Random about the nukes-Palmer must be bluffing-and by the way, did anyone else notice the stitches in his cheek? Looked like a 1st year med student sewed him up...

Return to Top
#710767 - 04/03/07 07:31 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back TB 12
davidm Offline
100 Club
davidm
Texas
I've watched 24 every season it has been on and I am starting to feel that the show is losing its originality and that the series of events are the same as the years before, just different characters. Anyone else think it is losing its edge?

Return to Top
#710768 - 04/03/07 07:31 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back TB 12
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
I think the missile is a ploy and not a real armed nuke. The bug was great and I loved the VP having to back down. I wonder what will happen now with the 2 nukes left?

Return to Top
#710777 - 04/03/07 07:35 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Creditcop
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
David, yeah, I get that feeling too. I imagine it's pretty difficult to keep coming up with new stuff. Remember when Seinfeld had an off year or two? Same thing. But, that improved so I am hoping maybe they'll hire some new writers to mix in with the old and spice things up for next season.

Return to Top
#710878 - 04/03/07 08:44 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back MB Guy
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I think they're also floating the Mike Doyle character out there to see if he can carry the post-Bauer load whenever the Kief decides to pack it in.

Not a good season. I mean, they're busting out a power-glomming VP and a 25th Amendment crisis AGAIN? And another embassy break-in? And more of CTU torturing its own innocent employees and having its security breached?

Next season, "The Hunt for Audrey Raines", should be better when Jack goes rogue in China.

Return to Top
#711382 - 04/04/07 06:21 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back RandomName
WormUNB4L Offline
Gold Star
Midwest
Random...i'm smelling your last suggestion as the basis for the 24 movie that is supposed to be in the works.

I think a big part of our disappointment with this season is the relative strength of last season. I personally thought last season was the best one yet with the exception of Season 1.

Anybody else have thoughts on how they rank the seasons?

Mine goes as follows:

Season 1
Season 5
Season 4
Season 2
Season 6
Season 3

Return to Top
#713812 - 04/10/07 01:13 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back WormUNB4L
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
We watched, and found portions of last night's episode to strain credibility - the return of Audrey, Jack's choice to go under the sanitation truck Fayed stole, his ability to take out half a dozen terrorists with a handgun - all "over the top" even if, um, entertaining?

Return to Top
#713815 - 04/10/07 01:20 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Phoenix
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Come on, you knew in your heart of hearts that Audrey was coming back.

Return to Top
#714073 - 04/10/07 04:46 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Phoenix
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: Phoenix
We watched, and found portions of last night's episode to strain credibility - the return of Audrey, Jack's choice to go under the sanitation truck Fayed stole, his ability to take out half a dozen terrorists with a handgun - all "over the top" even if, um, entertaining?

yeah, and all that in the last 5 minutes

Return to Top
#714091 - 04/10/07 05:02 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Pale Rider
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Yeah, it was over the top, but you had to love the way Jack hung the terrorist. Jack taking out the terrorists weren't anymore over the top as Faad(sp) taking out all the CTU agents in the armored car with only a handgun.

The President using a dummy missile was predictible as well.

Return to Top
#714318 - 04/10/07 08:59 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Pale Rider
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Handguns hate evildoers, so they get a +5 on their "to hit" roll against terrorists, and heroes have an automatic immunity to fire from automatic weapons. Of course, on the other hand, handguns automatically leap away from the wielder or jam or run out of bullets at a climactic moment so that the hero must defeat the boss in virtuous hand-to-hand combat. Exception: if the hero has to display a dark and world-weary side, he can cap the disarmed bad guy with extreme justice. Example: Darkman, in which the helpless villain chortles "I know you--you couldn't live with yourself if you just killed me", to which our protagonist responds with a boot to the head or something to send his nemesis falling to his death, remarking "I'm learning to live with a lot of things." True, a handgun was not ultimately used at the end, but the principle is the same.

Return to Top
#714352 - 04/10/07 10:02 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back RandomName
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Last year Arabs. So now that he's taken care of the Russians, it's time to renew the fight against the Chinese for the last 1/4 of the season. But it does look interesting next week as the VP apparently refuses to resign....so more tension between him and Pres Palmer.

Maybe next year Jack can find Bin Laden....and wipe out alQaeda.

Return to Top
#714488 - 04/11/07 01:51 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Quadspapa
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
I'm guessing that somehow both the Prez and VP will be gone in order to introduce a new cast for next season - where's Audrey's father, anyway? ; )

Return to Top
#720493 - 04/23/07 09:56 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Phoenix
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Let's see how close Jack gets to Audrey tonight, and what's the VP gonna do since the Prez collapsed in last week's episode.

Return to Top
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13