Learn More - Click Here!

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Thread Options
#737942 - 05/22/07 06:06 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Quadspapa
WesMantooth Offline
Gold Star
WesMantooth
San Diego
Are we sure that Jack's dad actually died? I'm not sure that I believe that. He was wounded, but would have had time to get in the water before the air strike. I just have a sneaking suspicion that he may have made it to the sub with the controller.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#737956 - 05/22/07 06:16 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back WesMantooth
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Yeah, shooting him was too quick and easy, so he may return. But it sounded like the sub turned back before Jack's dad could have gotten to it. But it would make a nice opening for next year.

Return to Top
#738008 - 05/22/07 06:43 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Dlynn58
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Grandpa wants to exchange russian defense chip for Josh-he convinces the VP to do so-CTU takes Josh and arranges for the exchange, Doyle takes josh to meeting point. Jack finds out and tries to convince CTU that his father will not hold up his end of the bargain-Karen Hayes agrees and convinces Buchanan to ambush the truck Jack is transported in, and they head out to the rendezvous. Meanwhile, Grandpa sends 2 guys by boat to do the exchange, but the chip is fake and blows up in Doyles face-they take the kid away. Jack/Bill get there, hijack a chopper to head after the bad guys. Jack tells CTU to check for oil rigs on the ocean near by as that is probalby where they are headed. White house determines the chip is on the rig, and decides to blow it up to finally destroy-Russians agree that would be acceptable. Jack/Bill get to the rig, kill tons of people, rescue the kid, arrest Chang, and fly out just as F-18's blow rig apart. (Jack hanging on ladder from chopper). Grandpa apparently killed in explosion (had been shot by the kid earlier). As chopper heads to shore, jack falls from ladder into water, waves Buchanan away. Back at the white house, Russians see the explosion and are satisfied, adn Lennox convinces VP to release Hayes from custody and allow her and Bill to resign/retire Jack heads to Audreys fathers house-screams at him-says his goodbyes to Audrey who appeared to be in a coma, and walks out-holding a gun and looking over the cliff to the water below (I thought he would either shoot himself or jump). fade out. Also in that mix, Chloe collapses at CTU and finds out she is pregnant.

Return to Top
#738071 - 05/22/07 07:09 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back TB 12
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Not sure I believe that Jack's dad is dead either. I kept thinking, why didn't Josh and Jack just hop in the boat that was docked a few feet away, instead of climbing to the top to meet-up with the chopper. Dad may have jumped into the boat and got away before the explosion.

My wife thinks that Josh looks strikingly similar to a yound Ricky Schroeder, though I didn't see any other Schroeders in the opening credits.

Strange that the Russians were more concerned with Chinese getting the componant, than with starting a war with the U.S., but oh well.

Return to Top
#738077 - 05/22/07 07:11 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back Bankster
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: DSchrute
Not sure I believe that Jack's dad is dead either. I kept thinking, why didn't Josh and Jack just hop in the boat that was docked a few feet away, instead of climbing to the top to meet-up with the chopper.

Because he wouldn't have been able to be so dramatic and fall 100 feet into the ocean...

Return to Top
#738237 - 05/22/07 08:56 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back TB 12
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Thanks for the update guys! I hate that I missed it even though it may not have been a very good finale. I will still tune in next year! It's got me hooked!

Return to Top
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13