Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Thread Options
#704189 - 03/21/07 03:53 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Imagine
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: NeophytePolitico
It was a cheap shot. On my part.
I editted it out.

Because I don't find people of faith wrong, I find people who think that the reason their car starts in the morning is because of God, the reason they've got food on their plates is because of God, the reason we have warm and cold is because of God.

Faith is good.
Faith is strong.
But there is a difference between faith and being naive.

Now that is well said.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#704191 - 03/21/07 03:54 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue TheManofSteel
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
I'm not saying that dissenters are biased.
I'm saying dissenters who have stated that they'ved changed reports for political reasons and ones who speak at forums funded by "opponents" of global warming should be taken with a grain of salut.
Just like anything Al Gore says about it to a group like MoveOn should be taken with a grain of salt.

We need science. Pro and con.
But this is quickly turning into a Monkey-Scopes Trial on both sides.

Return to Top
#704212 - 03/21/07 04:09 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Imagine
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
It was a cheap shot. On my part.
I editted it out.

Because I don't find people of faith wrong, I find people who think that the reason their car starts in the morning is because of God, the reason they've got food on their plates is because of God, the reason we have warm and cold is because of God.

Faith is good.
Faith is strong.

Very logical NEO, but there will always be a possibility that you are dead wrong and more than likely, I'll be the one at the gate. Something to think about.

Return to Top
#704220 - 03/21/07 04:13 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue °X°
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: _X_

Very logical NEO, but there will always be a possibility that you are dead wrong and more than likely, I'll be the one at the gate. Something to think about.

If you're at the Gate...
I'll take my options "down south"...

Return to Top
#704425 - 03/21/07 06:30 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue °X°
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
Wish I could find it - very interesting - a little island in Denmark that's completely fossel fuel-free. And their main industry is farming. If you're interested in environmental issues it's worth your while. (I'll keep looking)

Return to Top
#704430 - 03/21/07 06:32 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Bailey.
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Bailey.
Wish I could find it - very interesting - a little island in Denmark that's completely fossel fuel-free. And their main industry is farming. If you're interested in environmental issues it's worth your while. (I'll keep looking)

Uh oh, farming is causing global warming! Unless of course they are vegetarians who don't use any pesticides or fertilizers!

Return to Top
#704449 - 03/21/07 06:39 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue B_F
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
OK, so what did Al Gore have to say today before Congress? Anybody get a report yet?

Return to Top
#704451 - 03/21/07 06:41 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Pale Rider
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
OK, so what did Al Gore have to say today before Congress? Anybody get a report yet?
Gore Urges Fast Action on Global Warming

Return to Top
#704458 - 03/21/07 06:48 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Imagine
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
wow, the headline says it all, I don't even need to use the link

Return to Top
#704459 - 03/21/07 06:49 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Pale Rider
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
BF - I know you're making a joke, but -
One of the things they farm is hay, which they boil to create energy. The amount of CO2 released by the process is actually less than the amount used by the crop.

There are dairy farms, and I don't remember the methane issue being addressed. But the cows are milked by machines run on energy from the hay and wind farms.

(I'll find it...)

Return to Top
#704468 - 03/21/07 06:58 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Imagine
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.

You know, call me a moron if you want, but I thank God when my car starts in the morning, I thank God that I have food on my plate, I thank God that we have warm and cold, and I thank God I live in this country.

And you know, I am thinking that trip "south" isn't going to be much fun.

Return to Top
#704469 - 03/21/07 06:59 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue MB Guy
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
MB:

I find nothing wrong with any of those.
But there are some things that are strictly human doing and human intervention.
And I'm only going south if _X_ is at the gates waiting for me...lol

Return to Top
#704558 - 03/21/07 08:04 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Imagine
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Of course there are things that are human doing and intervention. That's called free will. Also, are you surprised that our Creator, who crafted us in His image, meant more than 2 arms, 2 legs, 10 fingers, 10 toes, etc. what you SEE and more about creating us to be creators ourselves?

Return to Top
#704571 - 03/21/07 08:08 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue B_F
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
Of course there are things that are human doing and intervention. That's called free will. Also, are you surprised that our Creator, who crafted us in His image, meant more than 2 arms, 2 legs, 10 fingers, 10 toes, etc. what you SEE and more about creating us to be creators ourselves?

English my friend.
It's been a long day and your babble is confusing me.

Return to Top
#704588 - 03/21/07 08:17 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Imagine
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH

English my friend.
It's been a long day and your babble is confusing me.

When God created man in His image, it was not just about what appearance. It is about having the intellect to use the gifts God gave us to create things. It is about having free will.

I seriously doubt you will ever meet a Christian that says everything happens because God said it should, but rather, that we are His agents of change, and are perfectly capable of failing ourselves and Him.

Return to Top
#704591 - 03/21/07 08:19 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue B_F
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
thank you.
much clearer.

Return to Top
#704822 - 03/22/07 12:15 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Imagine
Patriot Offline
Gold Star
anybody bothered by senator inhofe challenging Gore to take this pledge?

"As a believer:
· that human-caused global warming is a moral, ethical, and spiritual issue affecting our survival;

· that home energy use is a key component of overall energy use;

· that reducing my fossil fuel-based home energy usage will lead to lower greenhouse gas emissions; and

· that leaders on moral issues should lead by example;

I pledge to consume no more energy for use in my residence than the average American household by March 21, 2008.”

in Gore's defense, i think he will reduce his energy use eventually, but right now he needs to use his influence to spread the news and get the word out so he's going to use more energy to get that done. that's ok because the long term result will be positive. we should all plan our own carbon footprint reduction. i have moved closer to work, take public transit, quit eating meat in november 2006, and have replaced all my light bulbs. my 2001 mazda is for sale. i feel better about my impact on the planet. but now i'm concerned that the bank i work for has a lot of energy and industrial loans with customers who are probably not helping this crisis at all so i'm not sure employment-wise what is the responsible thing for me to do.

Return to Top
#704863 - 03/22/07 01:26 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Patriot
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Come on, he doesn't need to use more energy to get the word out. Do his press conferences, etc. use HIS energy? NO. They use the media's. They don't come into play. His work is done in an office. Not counted.

Return to Top
#704867 - 03/22/07 01:32 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue B_F
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
OK...so...while many on the right view Fmr. VP Al Gore as a fear monger, hypocrite, and alarmist...what about Czech President Vaclav Klaus?

Quote:
"Communism has been replaced by the threat of an ambitious environmentalism," Klaus wrote in response to questions from the U.S. House of Representatives' Committee on Energy and Commerce..."They will not be able to absorb new technological standards required by the anti-greenhouse religion, their products will have difficulty accessing the developed markets, and as a result the gap between them and the developed world will widen," he wrote.

"This ideology preaches earth and nature and under the slogans of their protection -- similarly to the old Marxists -- wants to replace the free and spontaneous evolution of mankind by a sort of central, now global, planning of the whole world," he added..."No government action can stop the world and nature from changing. Therefore, I disagree with plans such as the Kyoto Protocol or similar initiatives, which set arbitrary targets requiring enormous costs without realistic prospects for the success of these measures," he said.

Czech leader Klaus fights global warming "religion"

Return to Top
#704869 - 03/22/07 01:35 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Imagine
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
What's hypocritical about Klaus?

Return to Top
#704870 - 03/22/07 01:36 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Imagine
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I don't know much about the guy, but he's right about the Kyoto Protocal setting targets without any concept of the costs.

By the way, maybe we should trust Al Gore. After all, he DID "invent the internets".......

Return to Top
#704872 - 03/22/07 01:38 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Pale Rider
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
What's hypocritical about Klaus?

Nothing...but my point is he's as radical "anti-Al Gore's stance" as Gore is radical in his stance.

Return to Top
#704876 - 03/22/07 01:40 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue B_F
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
I don't know much about the guy, but he's right about the Kyoto Protocal setting targets without any concept of the costs.

By the way, maybe we should trust Al Gore. After all, he DID "invent the internets".......

He invented the one internet.
It was President Bush who claimed there was more than one: "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft."
Top 10 Bushisms

Return to Top
#704880 - 03/22/07 01:43 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue Imagine
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Sorry, maybe he only "invented" one internet, but the FACTS are he had little to nothing to do with the internet birth and revolution.

Al Gore has a history of blowing things out of proportion and flat out lying. So why is it that he is considered to be such an "authority" on global warming?

Return to Top
#704886 - 03/22/07 01:47 PM Re: More Dissenting Debate on the Global Warming Issue B_F
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
I don't know...same reason why many view the Republicans as the "authority" on morality?

Most people are clueless.
Last edited by NeophytePolitico; 03/22/07 01:49 PM.
Return to Top
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12