Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#718048 - 04/18/07 05:12 PM Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up???
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Curious how many of you use Bare Minerals make-up? It's mostly a QVC product but you can buy it at Sephora and Ulta too.

I;ve been using it since November and I love it! I used MAC foundations and powders before and haven't gone back since the day I bought my minerals. Well, I still use MAC for color, btu anyway...

For those of you who do use them, do you also use that "skin Revver-upper" lotion? It has vitamins and stuff for your face and I've been thinking about getting it but wondering if it might make my face oily at all. I get a little oily during the day and now I'm using Proactiv oil-free moisturizer which has been great for me (the only thing I buy from Proactiv anymore!).

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#718054 - 04/18/07 05:21 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Dip
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
I only use Bare Minerals, and I've got to be honest. it makes me look so sexy.

Return to Top
#718056 - 04/18/07 05:22 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Clown Boy
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
I use Bare Vegetables... used to use Bare Animals, but PETA started to protest.

Return to Top
#718078 - 04/18/07 05:43 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? The Incredible ComplyGuy
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I use Bare Minerals as well, and really couldn't be happier. I was using the Skin Revver-upper but I do not use it anymore. It was making me break out and I have oily skin like you. I am so pleased to finally find a make-up that covers my imperfections.

Now if it could just do my laundry for me...

Return to Top
#718080 - 04/18/07 05:46 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? someone else
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
I, too, use Bare Minerals, and I am very happy with it. I love that it makes me look "unmake-up-ie" -- if that makes sense. I don't use the Skin revver-upper, and the only moisturizer I use is .... Lubriderm for sensitive skin. And if I may say so myself, my skin is excellent......and my sisters have told me the same thing.

Return to Top
#718086 - 04/18/07 05:51 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? someone else
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Originally Posted By: someone else
...a make-up that covers my imperfections...

Ah, now see that's why I would never need to use it.

Return to Top
#718093 - 04/18/07 06:00 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? The Incredible ComplyGuy
~Special K~ Offline
Power Poster
~Special K~
RRFCG PM
I live by Bare Minerals!! Never leave the house without it!

I have never tried that lotion tho, I tend to break out if I swtich up on lotions so I stick to my Biore' Moisturizer.

Return to Top
#718301 - 04/18/07 09:59 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Dip
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
A local salon here used some of my images for their ad for this. This are real brides. Bare Minerals

Go to March 10th blog.

Return to Top
#718694 - 04/19/07 04:25 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? D2Xs
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
your pictures are way cool!

another thing i like about bare minerals is that you can use so little of it since it is all pigment and no real fillers, like oils or waxes (yes! MAC has waxes in their makeup!).

i guess i wont bother tryign out the revver-upper seeing as hwo is might increase the grease (oo, rhymes!). i'm thinking it might be a product for older women whose skin is starting to age and lack its youthier moisture :-)

Return to Top
#718704 - 04/19/07 04:31 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Dip
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Wow, I've never tried this, but the ringing endorsements have me curious. Where can I buy this magic elixir? Thanks!

Return to Top
#718710 - 04/19/07 04:33 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Dip
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use and love it also. I don't use the rever-upper. Just the foundation and powder.

Return to Top
#718723 - 04/19/07 04:39 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? BurntSienna
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
Originally Posted By: BurntSienna
Wow, I've never tried this, but the ringing endorsements have me curious. Where can I buy this magic elixir? Thanks!

They are available on infomercials, and some shopping malls have their "boutique." Otherwise, they are available from QVC and I believe they also have their own website.

Return to Top
#718725 - 04/19/07 04:41 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Pepper's Sister
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thanks, Pepper's Sister!

Return to Top
#718731 - 04/19/07 04:45 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? BurntSienna
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
also, sephora and ulta (high end cosmetic stores) sell it. the price is pretty much fixed, though on qvc you can get bigger jars of the stuff for nearly the same price, not to mention all the doo-dads that arent always in the stores. also, if you already knwo what you use and in what colors, you can buy it on ebay :-)

here's the official site: http://www.bareminerals.com/?CMP=KNC-GPS

heres the starter kit--a realyl good deal even though you mgiht find you dont use all the colors in it. its what i got when i first started using it: http://www.ulta.com/control/bare_id_prod...d=idcollections

Return to Top
#718733 - 04/19/07 04:47 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
oh! and bare minerals will be on qvc on april 27th and 28th! i hope i remember to watch...my cousin got a bunch of cool products last tiem they were on! http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.n...-BAREESCENTUALS

Return to Top
#718740 - 04/19/07 04:51 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Dip
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I bought mine at my local hair salon.

Return to Top
#718742 - 04/19/07 04:55 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? someone else
Nascar Offline
Platinum Poster
Nascar
My own Island
I love my Bare Minerals, I even have my daughter using it, she does not break out near like she used to.

Return to Top
#718746 - 04/19/07 05:02 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Nascar
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I use it, I use it, I use it too!
And I love it.

(But I don't use the skin Revver-upper either)

Return to Top
#718992 - 04/19/07 08:09 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? QCL
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I love Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals make-up. I have a group of friends who also use it and we all think it's great.I've used the skin revver-upper, and haven't had any issues with it. I use the whole line and I really like how light it is and how natural it looks.

I get most of mine from QVC, but Ulta also carries a lot of the line in their stores.

Return to Top
#719006 - 04/19/07 08:17 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Sing A Little
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
I do not use it, I use Arbonne International's mineral makeup and from what I understand (from those that have used BM)it is pretty much the same thing...but stays on longer without having to re-apply.

Return to Top
#719034 - 04/19/07 08:46 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? J2C
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
That's one good thing I can say about the Bare Minerals - I never reapply! I put it on in the morning, and it still looks good when I go out at night. I couldn't be more pleased.

Never tried Arbonne, but I hear it's really expensive. Is that true?

Return to Top
#719084 - 04/19/07 09:54 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? someone else
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
the onyl thing i reappl yis the mineral veil to tackle shine, thats it. i just wish there was a more convenient way of making it purse-able!

when i was cleanign out ym grandma's house, i found some knock-off mineral stuff and it came with this brush that had a hollow barrel and a little funnel--you put your poweder in the barrel and it shakes through out the bristles of the brush! so i use that now. bare minerals shoudl make somethign liek that, onyl i would make the brush bristles detatch for cleaning/shampooing.

Return to Top
#719090 - 04/19/07 10:49 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Dip
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
If you're looking for a way to carry your mineral veil around for touch ups, get the portable compact. You can just put your mineral veil in the bottom and it has a little shaker built in and comes with a half moon brush. I think they run about $25.

Return to Top
#719102 - 04/20/07 12:04 AM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Sing A Little
blondie52 Offline
New Poster
I love bare minerals makeup, too. I tried the revver-upper but have switched to Philosophy - and now I wouldn't use any other moisturizer or skin care products, which I buy on QVC or at Sephora when I can get to the mall. Every claim of Philosophy has been validated by me after using. My skin has never been so clear, soft, and lots less tired looking, fine lines are diminished, it's awesome. Thanks for starting this thread - glad to know there are lots more using BM.

Return to Top
#719224 - 04/20/07 01:48 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? someone else
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
I don't ever need to re-apply Arbonne make-up either.

I don't think Arbonne is really expensive...I have heard that a lot. It is comparable in price to Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc..

And, as far as their skin care goes...it is amazing and a set will last you months. So, it is well worth the money in my opinion. The other good thing is that they will let you sign up as a consultant for $29 to get consultant savings without having any obligation to sell the products. So, I get 35-80% off my purchases!

Yay!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3