Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#718824 - 04/19/07 06:10 PM PATRIOT OFFICER Users - OFAC question
CantBeShocked Offline
Gold Star
MS
We are now using this system. However, the OFAC part never even gets a "potential, false" hit. If you use the system, please advise. Do you use just this OFAC check or do you also use a separate OFAC matching software ?

Your thoughts..............

Thanks.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#718863 - 04/19/07 06:33 PM Re: PATRIOT OFFICER Users - OFAC question CantBeShocked
GMetz Offline
Kentucky
We use Patriot Officer and have no issues with the OFAC Check. When I get OFAC emails about an update, then the next day it's loaded into Officer and I check it. This could be an issue from an IT standpoint if it's not loading the checks. I wasn't around when my bank got Officer, so I don't know how it's done. Like I said, all I know is that I see the email and the next day I perform my check for any "False Positives". If you have any other questions about Officer, PM me and I'll be glad to help, or you can call Global Center yourself for setup assistance. Sorry I couldn't give you more guidance on this.

Return to Top
#718940 - 04/19/07 07:25 PM Re: PATRIOT OFFICER Users - OFAC question GMetz
Gr8day4BSA Offline
Birmingham, AL
You may want to check your "Relative Correlation" setting. If this is too high then you will not get any hits. My bank has our Relative Correlation set at 75, Global Vision default is set at 65, I think. If this doesn't seem to help, or you can't find the setting on the system, PM me and I can help.

Good Luck.

Return to Top
#719005 - 04/19/07 08:17 PM Re: PATRIOT OFFICER Users - OFAC question CantBeShocked
CantBeShocked Offline
Gold Star
MS
So.....when you look at the Relative Correlation fields - what do the boxes marked "pre-filter check" and "partial check" mean out to the right ? Could that be part of my problem ?

BTW----we were at 80 % so I lowered us to 75%.

Thanks again.

Return to Top
#719852 - 04/20/07 09:19 PM Re: PATRIOT OFFICER Users - OFAC question CantBeShocked
Gr8day4BSA Offline
Birmingham, AL
Let me start by saying that you may have to lower the Relative Correlation even farther. The term Relative Correlation is used to describe the percentage to which a customer name must match a name on a suspect list. For example, John Smith would match at 50% Relative Correlation to John Brown; where as John Smyth would match to John Smith at a much higher percentage. In order to have a 100% Relative Correlation the names would have to be exact in their order and spellings.

I am not comfortable enough with my understanding of Partial Check vs. Pre-Filter check to fully explain it. But I will say that my bank has chosen to enable Pre-filter check, but not Partial Check.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z