Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#719284 - 04/20/07 02:44 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? J2C
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I will give another vote for Arbonne. I had a hard time convincing my daughter to try Arbonne even though I had used it and sold it for years. She finally did try the mineral foundation and the basic skin care. She now wouldn't use anything else! She has even cancelled her dermatologist appt and quit taking the medication he gave her since her skin has cleared up so much. And her makeup stays on all day. She also has very oily skin and used to have problems looking like an oil slick even using oil free makeup.

With the discount you get from Arbonne it is not bad at all. If anyone is interested in learning more about it, just PM me and I will get you information.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#719484 - 04/20/07 05:03 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? blondie52
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
I'm trusting you, ladies!! I have been looking for something new to try, because my usual stuff doesn't seem to work any more. I'm going to try BE. I hope it works as well for me!

Return to Top
#719519 - 04/20/07 05:34 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? blondie52
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Originally Posted By: blondie52
I love bare minerals makeup, too. I tried the revver-upper but have switched to Philosophy - and now I wouldn't use any other moisturizer or skin care products, which I buy on QVC or at Sephora when I can get to the mall. Every claim of Philosophy has been validated by me after using. My skin has never been so clear, soft, and lots less tired looking, fine lines are diminished, it's awesome. Thanks for starting this thread - glad to know there are lots more using BM.

I completely agree with you about Philisophy skin care. I use it and love it, and it makes my BE make-up go on even better.

Return to Top
#719520 - 04/20/07 05:35 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? kitten
travelgirl Offline
100 Club
Minnesota
I use it and like it too! This only thing I don't like about it - and I know I shouldn't be doing this anyhow - is that you can't apply it while multi-tasking, like driving...other than that I love how it looks.

For those of you ever in Minneapolis, Bare Minerals has a retail store at the Mall of America. This is where I first tried the product. They have several make-up people applying the product to customers all day long. There is usually a wait but they give you a time to come back. I had them apply full make-up (foundation, eye shadow, lip stick, etc.). I couldn't believe the outcome....not that I look bad on a good day, but I looked awesome! They weren't pushy about buying product, but they don't have to be. The product speaks for itself.

Return to Top
#719523 - 04/20/07 05:37 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? kitten
RR Becca Online
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Alright, I'm a makeup minimalist (tinted sunscreen, a little eyeliner, powder and chapstick) but have been thinking about trying this stuff. The thing is, my skin is unbelieveably oily. Even my eyelids! Dip, it sounds like you might be a oily-girl too (please don't take that the wrong way ;)) can you vouch for this stuff being good on shine? I would LOVE to find something that doesn't require an art degree to apply and leave me feeling pancaked (like Mary Kay, Merle Norman, etc, tend to).

I'm atually happy with what I do now, but would love to find something that tones down the grease a bit more without breaking me out.

Return to Top
#719528 - 04/20/07 05:40 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? RR Becca
travelgirl Offline
100 Club
Minnesota
I love the stuff but I would be a little cautious with the oily skin. I don't find that my skin feels oily when I wear it but it definitely looks a bit shiny. I don't typically have oily skin though.

Return to Top
#719529 - 04/20/07 05:42 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? RR Becca
Copper Top Offline
Gold Star
Missouri
I've a little of the Bare Minerals - the foundation, bronzer (LOVE) and the shine reducing powder (or something). I liked the bronzer and powder, but I did not like the foundation with it all. It didn't hide imperfections (or freckles!!! LOL). I have oily skin and at the end of the day it looked gone anyway. I may try the Arbonne's line though. LOVE Arbonne, and was considering having a party anyway. LOL

Return to Top
#719544 - 04/20/07 05:49 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Copper Top
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I am oily, and do not seem to have a problem with shine. I use the Mineral Veil to set the foundation and bronzer, and go about my day. It seems to work very, very well for me. In fact, I would have to say this is probably the best makeup line I have tried to date...and believe me, I have tried to date many!!

Return to Top
#719551 - 04/20/07 05:52 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? someone else
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Ok, I broke down and bought this stuff last night - I ordered the Bare Minerals makeup online. I'm excited to try something new, and I'll try and remember to report back my experience!

Return to Top
#719576 - 04/20/07 06:11 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? RR Becca
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: Becca
The thing is, my skin is unbelieveably oily. Even my eyelids! Dip, it sounds like you might be a oily-girl too (please don't take that the wrong way ;)) can you vouch for this stuff being good on shine?

all the product is powder, which is great for us oil-prone gals. the mineral veil goes over the foundation and is great for dusting on later in the day to control shine. i will always get oily no matter what i wear, but ive had the best luck with BM. I do bring mineral veil with me in my purse though for tackling oil once a day, IF THAT. I don't ever have to touch up the actual make-up/foundation.

coppertop--BM provides very good coverage, btu you have to learn how to use it to your advantage. the way BM is supposed to be used--swirl-tap-buff--wont work for someone needing more spot coverage. i have acne scarrs--pink and purple skin discoloraations--that i cover just fine with BM, but here's hwo I have to do it. ladies, listen up! cuz my technique mgiht be how you want to do it too.

use the all over face brush, the handy buki brush, and the concealer brush. using the all over face brush, to the normal swirl-tap-buff over your entire face. then, put some minerals in the lid of the jar and lightly tap the end (nto side) of the handy buki brush in it so the minerals are loose on the outside of the brush. press these minerals into areas of greater discolorations (freckles, scarring, whatever). push them directly on the skin and then buff them in using the same brush. this gets a more concentrated amount of minerals where you need it. then, to conceal random spots that arent part of a general area (a zit, mole, random spider vein), dip just the very tip of the concealer brush directly into some minerals and touch it to the spot to conceal. use a dabbing motion. for under the eyes, i use the same concealer brush and do the swirl-tap-buff and sweep it under my eyes. then i usually do all over face color and then top it off (swirl-tap-buff with all over face brush) with mineral veil. then i move to doign cheek and eye color with MAC.

i knwo the above sounds liek a lot, and it is when you are learnign the first few days of apllicatiopn, but now, i do my foundations work in about 3 minutes and certainly less than five. i never look cakey or over powdered, reason being only a little amount of makeup is actually used all over, and only the problem areas have mroe makeup on them. on weekends when i dont care so much about coverage, i just do the swril-tap-buff stepp and leave off the more concentrated concealign steps. the dvd/how to shows do not tell you how to do this, but i swear by my method, so if you need more coverage in areas, give it a try.

Return to Top
#719578 - 04/20/07 06:14 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
i forgot to mention, the three brushes i use come in the $60 starter kit :-)

Return to Top
#719817 - 04/20/07 08:40 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? BurntSienna
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Originally Posted By: BurntSienna
Ok, I broke down and bought this stuff last night - I ordered the Bare Minerals makeup online. I'm excited to try something new, and I'll try and remember to report back my experience!

If you bought the start kit that it on tv right now, then you're going to get the handi buki brush...and you'll love it! The first few times I used the foundation I was a little heavy handed, and it took me a few times to get used to power foundation. After that, I used the technique that they show and it works just great. For any other spot concealing, I use bisque and the consealer brush and it does the trick. Good luck!

I've been using BE for several years, so I pretty much have every color and every brush under the sun, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Return to Top
#719935 - 04/22/07 03:55 AM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Sing A Little
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
I've been using the Arbonne Mineral Powder for about 9 months and I'm really happy with it. Comes with its own baby kabuki brush. Retail price point is less than my previous brands (Estee Lauder, Clinque). With my discount it is awesome! I use the bronzer too and I really like it.

Return to Top
#720126 - 04/23/07 03:22 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? travelgirl
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Originally Posted By: travelgirl
I love the stuff but I would be a little cautious with the oily skin. I don't find that my skin feels oily when I wear it but it definitely looks a bit shiny. I don't typically have oily skin though.

I have oily skin too. My daughter's dermatologist told her not to use anything but oil-free makeup and that even got oily on her. Then I finally got her to try Arbonne. First she went with the Mineral Powder foundation and now she is using the complete skin care system. She has quit the medication given to her by her dermatologist and is doing just fine. It's the first make-up that she says she can put on in the morning and it stays on all day. She is a college girl and has done pageants, so has tried lots of different makeup. PM me if you are interested in knowing more and I will link you to her website and story.

Return to Top
#720133 - 04/23/07 03:29 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Queen Mum
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Very oily skin here. Tried Bare Minerals once...hated it. Looked "cakey" and "splotchy". Maybe I didn't apply it correctly and I should give it another shot?

With all the raving testimonials around here...I feel like I'm missing out on something good!

Return to Top
#720167 - 04/23/07 04:02 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Miscuit
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
I sold Mary Kay for a number of years, I tried BM, felt it did not cover me as well as I would have liked, I have used the powder foundation from Philosphy, liked it because it was applied with a sponge, now I am trying arbonne powder foundation, did not really care for it, I like it a little better when i put it on with a sponge, still keep going back to my Mary Kay. I do love BMs brushes, I have one that I got wuth the Well Rested shadow, I use it as a concealer, I just love that, had an eye shadow brush I loved, left the bag unzipped just enough that my Schnzauer got it out and chewed on it, no more brush. I sometimes wonder if I had given Bare Mineral a longer chance I would have liked it better.

Return to Top
#720194 - 04/23/07 04:24 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Happy Drugs
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
ok, when i get a chance, i will post a face shot of me in bare minerals...haha, and if im brave enough, a shot of me without make-up, just because i luv ya gals! that way you can see, for those of you who are wondering hwo it will look or havent mastered it yet, how it CAN look once you figure out the best way to apply it.

Return to Top
#720201 - 04/23/07 04:30 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Dip
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
I have watched the commercial and love the before and after, but for me before and after didn't change much, I don't know if I was afraid to put to much on for fear of looking splotchy, and not able to smooth it out like foundation ( I am a cream user). I work with a girl who uses it and she looks beautiful.

Return to Top
#720217 - 04/23/07 04:41 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Happy Drugs
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
ok, just for you guys, here's what ill try and do tomorrow as i do my make up.....face with nothing, face with BM foundation, then face with BM foundation plus MAC cheek and eye color (the total look).

Return to Top
#720228 - 04/23/07 04:50 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? Dip
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
You are B-R-A-V-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see the results.

Return to Top
#720945 - 04/24/07 05:54 PM Re: Ladies! Anyone use "Bare Minerals" make-up??? kitten
Bunky Offline
100 Club
calif
My daughter and I both use BM...we love it!!! ...I will never use any other makeup...make sure you watch the video, it gives you some great tips on appying the make up....wonderful product..I would recommend it for anyone

Return to Top
#721743 - 04/25/07 05:00 PM My Bare Minerals pictures are up! Bunky
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
OK ladies, I've spent the past hour putting this together for you-- taking pictures, putting on make-up step by step, and uploading the files for you all to see :-)

Refer back to my post where I talk about how I use my minerals. Some of the pictures are a little out of focus--I could have used D2X's help! But I think you can see the coverage I get and that it doesn't look heavy or cakey. I took photos of the brushes and the amount of minerals I used, and you can see, it isn't much!

Follow the link to see my album of the photos. They shoudl be in the right order when you look at them, but if not, I did name the files in numerical sequence. The file names also say what's the in the picture (minerals, brush, etc.).

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/saradipitous/Bare%20Minerals%20Makeu-up/

Return to Top
#721747 - 04/25/07 05:02 PM Re: My Bare Minerals pictures are up! Dip
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Darn firewalls!!!! I'll look from home later.

Return to Top
#721750 - 04/25/07 05:04 PM Re: My Bare Minerals pictures are up! kitten
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I know - firewalls here too.

Return to Top
#722093 - 04/25/07 10:15 PM Re: My Bare Minerals pictures are up! someone else
Bunky Offline
100 Club
calif
Looks great dip!!! I can see the difference, I knew it would tho, this stuff is almost magic, I have a cpl of spots on my face and this stuff covers it up so well, its wonderful...thanks for sharing that with us!! ....now I have a face to go with the name too

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3