Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#721603 - 04/25/07 03:33 PM Question about Patriot Officer software
Compliancer Offline
Gold Star
Compliancer
San Francisco, CA
As part of the solution need for our BSA/AML program I am considering Patriot Officer. I really don't want to deal with a sales person at GlobalVision just yet so hope I can get my answer here.

We need to expand the number of government reports we review to go beyond OFAC. My question is this - does Patriot Officer include review of numerous government lists (FBI, etc)? My once-over of their literature does not lead me to believe it can do this, which is okay, I just need to know.

Any comments about the software you could share would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#721630 - 04/25/07 03:55 PM Re: Question about Patriot Officer software Compliancer
Gr8day4BSA Offline
Birmingham, AL
In Patriot Officer there are several options for your customer database checks: OFAC, DPL, SPEC, PEP, OFAC_NSDN, TEL, DFTO, and DCPFFOF. The SPEC list is a list created and maintained by your bank of persons you don’t want to bank.

I have had Patriot Officer since 2004 and have been pleased with the software. I would be happy to answer any questions that you have. If you have additional questions PM me and we can discuss.

Return to Top
#721852 - 04/25/07 06:26 PM Re: Question about Patriot Officer software Gr8day4BSA
CantBeShocked Offline
Gold Star
MS
Gr8day4BSA,

How large is your bank ? I would also be interested in talking to you - I'm a new user as of January.

Thanks,

Return to Top
#722618 - 04/26/07 06:10 PM Re: Question about Patriot Officer software CantBeShocked
GMetz Offline
Kentucky
BSA Dixie Queen,
I never heard back from you on my last PM, which is why I haven't called. I'm available all day today to answer questions, so let me know if you still want to talk. I hope you got your OFAC Check working fine.

Our bank has been using Officer for about 2 years and it's been a great piece of software for the day to day issues and makes things easy. We have had some flaws in electronically filing, but if you work around the glitches you'll be fine. I've also had a recent speed bump when using "SAR Writer" to create a SAR from scratch. In order to have a Start Date and an End Date to the suspicious activity, you must enter specific transactions whether you want to or not. I'm hoping the new update fixes these this. Finally, you can't create your owns reports or alter the format of the current reports. Some of the reports pull more info than what's needed or miss a field where you would want it. All in all, it's great, but until we can test the update (hopefully tomorrow) we won't know for sure. I'm psyched up because in the next update, because Patriot Officer will interact with our teller software and when the CSR's complete a CTR on their PC, it will load into Officer automatically and all I'll have to do is review it for accuracy and make changes where applicable. How sweet is that?

Return to Top
#724454 - 04/30/07 09:49 PM Re: Question about Patriot Officer software CantBeShocked
Gr8day4BSA Offline
Birmingham, AL
BSA Dixie Queen,

I am 2.4 Billion with 38 branches. I would be happy to talk with you. PM me and we can get together.

Return to Top
#726054 - 05/03/07 03:01 PM Re: Question about Patriot Officer software Gr8day4BSA
Gr8day4BSA Offline
Birmingham, AL
Opps.... correction in typing. I am 2.4 Billion with 58 branches, not 38.

Return to Top
#727192 - 05/04/07 08:07 PM Re: Question about Patriot Officer software Gr8day4BSA
GregS Offline
100 Club
Sunny Florida
Patriot is pretty slick for several things, however, some of your consideration may need to be whether there is integration or interface with your database. It is like all datamining tools and can be miserable. Be sure and speak with a user who has the same system as yours.
GregS

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z