Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#722587 - 04/26/07 05:41 PM Ohio Judges Uses Bible Quiz To Set Man Free...
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
nevermind...
Last edited by NeophytePolitico; 04/26/07 06:13 PM.
Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#722604 - 04/26/07 05:58 PM Re: Ohio Judges Uses Bible Quiz To Set Man Free... Imagine
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
This was a Cincinnati judge, and the guy is not off the hook, he simply proved her was honest enough to be given a low bond for a minor offense.

Your statement makes it seem like he was found not guilty because he know the Bible. He wasn't.

The truth of the matter is, the judge wanted to catch the guy in a lie, and make him look like a fool, because EVERYONE says they are active in their church and the judge wanted to show that this guy was nothing special. So, he said if you can tell me what this is, I'll believe your attorney and we'll get you out of jail with a minimal bond. On the other hand, if you get it wrong, you're going to spend the night in jail. He wanted the guy to fail, and pretty much said so. He was shocked when the guy actually DID know the bible by heart.

Return to Top
#722605 - 04/26/07 05:59 PM Re: Ohio Judges Uses Bible Quiz To Set Man Free... B_F
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
In the age of identity theft, using a stolen credit card is a minor crime?

Return to Top
#722609 - 04/26/07 06:03 PM Re: Ohio Judges Uses Bible Quiz To Set Man Free... Imagine
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: NeophytePolitico
In the age of identity theft, using a stolen credit card is a minor crime?

Believe it or not, YES, it is. This wasn't a felony. This man was not a danger to society that should be locked up awaiting trial. This isn't a guy who is going to flee the jurisdiction. This is a guy who will settle out of court, and probably give up the person he got the stolen card from.

Remember, as of now, he is INNOCENT of any crime.

Return to Top
#722611 - 04/26/07 06:04 PM Re: Ohio Judges Uses Bible Quiz To Set Man Free... B_F
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
sure sure...I am a firm believer of innocent until proven guilty.

Return to Top
#722613 - 04/26/07 06:06 PM Re: Ohio Judges Uses Bible Quiz To Set Man Free... Imagine
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
The point is, we don't lock up everyone involved in any crime in this country until after they are convicted. We let them out on bond in most cases. This is such a non-story it is sad, but people are making it a story because the judge was trying to catch this guy off guard and make him look like a fool and it backfired. The bond he got is no different from what most would get in his situation.

Return to Top
#722619 - 04/26/07 06:12 PM Re: Ohio Judges Uses Bible Quiz To Set Man Free... B_F
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
NP, i think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Return to Top
#722623 - 04/26/07 06:15 PM Re: Ohio Judges Uses Bible Quiz To Set Man Free... Hated By Some
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Ron Mexico
NP, i think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Ditto.

Return to Top
#722625 - 04/26/07 06:15 PM Re: Ohio Judges Uses Bible Quiz To Set Man Free... B_F
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
The point is, we don't lock up everyone involved in any crime in this country until after they are convicted. We let them out on bond in most cases. This is such a non-story it is sad, but people are making it a story because the judge was trying to catch this guy off guard and make him look like a fool and it backfired. The bond he got is no different from what most would get in his situation.

Good point.
And I acutally agree with Ron (I think that is the 2nd time) !

Return to Top
#722628 - 04/26/07 06:18 PM Re: Ohio Judges Uses Bible Quiz To Set Man Free... QCL
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
MOPNB, i don't know if you want to admit that you've only been right twice in your life.

Return to Top