BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#722627 - 04/26/07 06:17 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Roxy
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
I want to thank those of you who have given me constructive and thoughtful ideas on how to lose weight. It is nice to know people care, and are not just sophomoric in the way they deal with people who have a legitimate problem.

I think the stories you've all shared are wonderful. CC, I am most impressed by yours. I'm going to have to check that plan out. Hearing your success stories serve as true motivation, and serve more purpose to keeping me committed then belittling someone because they don't fit into your plan.

Thanks for the help all!

Return to Top
#722643 - 04/26/07 06:23 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? RobinS
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
I know, we actually had a "missing person party" because of it.

Return to Top
#722645 - 04/26/07 06:25 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Imagine
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Check out the Body for Life website, there are so many stories there. The book is an easy read and there is a cookbook: Eating for Life that has great and easy receipes.

Return to Top
#722657 - 04/26/07 06:37 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Creditcop
WesMantooth Offline
Gold Star
WesMantooth
San Diego
sigh...

Return to Top
#722730 - 04/26/07 07:45 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? WesMantooth
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
excuse me?

Return to Top
#722733 - 04/26/07 07:46 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Creditcop
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
CC...I'm thinking Wes is referring to my ongoing problems with another poster here...

Return to Top
#722756 - 04/26/07 08:13 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Imagine
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Ok, I just saw that it was a reply to one of my posts. I wish you good luck on your weight loss program. I would say one more thing, find someone to do this with. I have found it is much easier to stay on a plan when you are accountable to another person.

Return to Top
#722812 - 04/26/07 09:41 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Creditcop
WesMantooth Offline
Gold Star
WesMantooth
San Diego
You are right Neo. Can't we all just get along?! This a thread about sharing potential solutions to a problem a lot of us have. I really didn't see an issue in any of the previous comments. Let's just try to keep this thread on track and not make this like every other thread in the Couch. It's a message board. Don't take anything that is said on here so personally.

Return to Top
#722813 - 04/26/07 09:43 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? WesMantooth
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Wes..I'm fine...
But thanks for telling me how to run a thread I started.

I'm not taking it personal, but I don't have to accept/like what some people say here.

Return to Top
#722820 - 04/26/07 10:00 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Imagine
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
sometimes Neo, you make things more about you than they need to be. with your response to BBS and Wes I am surprised you don't find yourself on more ignore lists. I am 6' 250 and I relate to what BBs says, heck I even have a gym membership I pay for but don't use. It really is about finding the motivation, of course i was more successful when i had a workout buddy but still that is no excuse.

Return to Top
#722825 - 04/26/07 10:07 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? XODUS
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
well...if people don't like me...
let 'em put me on ignore.

i took offense to BBS telling me I didn't have the commitment or motivation...he has consistently put me down based on what he thinks I should be doing.

Return to Top
#722842 - 04/26/07 10:45 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Imagine
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Just focus on the people who are giving you encourgement and put the rest on ignore. That is what I have done and it makes my BOL experience a much better one.

Return to Top
#722846 - 04/26/07 10:53 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Imagine
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Neo, as much as I do not always like to read what you post, I will not put you on ignore because I do not want to miss out on the good stuff you may post.

Neo, you are reading what you want to read when you read my posts, not what I am actually posting. Yes, I did question your committment level, and then followed it up immediately with what I thought were a couple of good ideas to help you evaluate what you want to accomplish, and identify what your goals are.

When you are able to honestly do that, you are better able to commit to those goals. Other posters followed-up to my comment and echoed with similar thoughts.

This is the only thing I think you should actually be doing. When it comes to any actual plan, that is for you to decide what is best for you. I do not see how this is putting you down.

If you wonder why I question your committment, here is a post you made to thomasj:

thomasj.
sounds good.
I've been dedicated this whole week to at least increasing my heart rate and eating healthier.
maybe i'll take a trip to walmart or something and find a set of cheap weights to play around with.

Where is the committment in that?

I'm not taking it personal, but I don't have to accept/like what some people say here.

Yes, you are making it personal, and you are right, you do not have to accept/like what I or anyone else says here. I do not always either, but that is usually because it is not too far from the truth to start with, and I do not like having to hear or admit those things any more than the next person does.

Most of this should be in a PM between us, but since you have me on ignore, its getting posted here because I want you to see it. Whether you believe it or not, I really do want you to be successful.

So many people on this post, myself included, have given you great ideas and support and will continue to do so when you commit to a plan and become successful.

I do not know if you realize this or not, but when you begin to post back here the steps you are taking, and the successes you have, and the changes you start to see in you weight, shape and stamina, that is what then motivates many of us to keep doing what we are doing too, and to take it up a notch so we too can be celebrating with you.

Return to Top
#722959 - 04/27/07 12:47 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? #Just Jay
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
No one should question someone's commitment but should keep giving great advice and encouragement. That is what it should be all about.

Return to Top
#723050 - 04/27/07 01:43 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? pjs
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
Good luck with everything Neo but I have another important piece of advice: Be confident in yourself and how you look. Confidence goes a looong way (just as long as you don't cross that fine line and become egotistical) towards keeping you on the right track. Hold your head high no matter what and people will respect you for that.

Return to Top
#723258 - 04/27/07 04:09 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Pirate
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I think that some of the people who motivated me most were those who doubted me or questioned my commitment to make a long term change for the better. It was kind of the I'll show them mentality. I also posted frequently to the weight watchers thread here for support and encouragement when the doubters and naysayers got to me.

Return to Top
#723299 - 04/27/07 04:53 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? thomasj
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
hey thomasj - how is cycling for the knees? i have a bum knee, and am bored with other cardio. is there much knee strain?

Return to Top
#723306 - 04/27/07 05:00 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Bailey.
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
i am thinking about getting a recumbent bike, that way my bum shan't hurt so much

Return to Top
#723310 - 04/27/07 05:02 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? XODUS
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
i've been using that a lot, and the seat factor is nice... but the scenery is getting a little boring.

Return to Top
#723317 - 04/27/07 05:09 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? Bailey.
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
My knees really bothered me when I was heavier, and the bike was great, very little if any strain on the knee joints while providing an excellent workout for the legs. You have to make sure that the bike fits and that the seat is adjusted properly to protect your knees and legs.

Recumbent bikes aren't just stationary, they make them in two and three wheel versions I believe.

The butt factor is an issue with the bike, I started with a cushy seat then moved to a regular one. Takes about a week or two until it doesn't bother you anymore.

Return to Top
#723320 - 04/27/07 05:14 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? thomasj
WesMantooth Offline
Gold Star
WesMantooth
San Diego
My wife likes the recumbent bikes a lot better because they don't hurt her butt. It's also easier to read while you cycle. You just have to make sure that you are concentrating enough to keep your heart rate up.

Return to Top
#723370 - 04/27/07 05:52 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? WesMantooth
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
yeah, i was thinking about a 3 wheeled one and a pull behind for my kid. we have several nice parks with good trails within easy biking distance so that's the target start with making it to and around the closest and move my way out.

Return to Top
#723376 - 04/27/07 05:57 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? XODUS
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Very cool idea!

Return to Top
#723388 - 04/27/07 06:02 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? #Just Jay
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
it helps to be in a very bike friendly city. OKc/edmond passed on initiative a few years ago to have something like 70 miles of connected bike trails.

Return to Top
#723403 - 04/27/07 06:13 PM Re: Weight Loss Help? XODUS
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
The new trail goes right along my dads property line! Made him a little mad that his tree is gone, but the trail will be really cool when it's done.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett