Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22
Thread Options
#725735 - 05/02/07 07:07 PM Re: American Idol Packerette
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Packerette
I also LOVE Daughtry's CD. I can't get enough of it and also do some of you remember Josh Gracin? His CD was really good also. I have to say imo those two are the best singers (and Carrie and Kelly of course) to come from that show. Really talented guys!!

Have you heard Elliot Yamin's CD yet?

To be honest, regardless of who wins the title, the real winners of this show are music lovers who get to see talent that might otherwise never hit the local scene, yet alone the national scene excel.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#725739 - 05/02/07 07:10 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Packerette Offline
New Mexico
Nope...haven't heard Elliott's CD yet. I hear it's good, but haven't really heard any of his songs yet, sorry to say.

Return to Top
#725893 - 05/03/07 06:43 AM Re: American Idol Packerette
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster

It was goodbye to Phil and Chris...

I thought they would be the ones to go.

I'm thinking Lakisha next week...

Return to Top
#725905 - 05/03/07 12:11 PM Re: American Idol Citrus
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Yeah, that was a tear jerker. I think the guys should have stayed and Melinda and Lakisha should have went. Nothing against them but I would be more interested in the guys music then those two ladies.

Bon Jovi was great- the guys did great. Oh well hopefully good things will happen to Phil and Chris.

Return to Top
#725976 - 05/03/07 01:45 PM Re: American Idol pjs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I was surprised Lakisha stayed and Phil left. Chris, I like the guy, but I'm not impressed by his musical talent.

Honestly, Blake, Melinda, and Jordin all are fantastic, and it's a toss up to know who's going to be the most successful. All three are already winners. (But then again, so are Chris, Phil, Sanjaya, etc.)

Return to Top
#726015 - 05/03/07 02:22 PM Re: American Idol B_F
anon2006 Offline
Platinum Poster
I think Jordin is going to win. IMO, she has the most potential to "make it". If Melinda wins, I dont think she will really go anywhere.

Return to Top
#726092 - 05/03/07 03:40 PM Re: American Idol anon2006
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
I have been predicting Lakisha going for the past three weeks, so I'll do it again. I think Jordin's going to win it all.

Return to Top
#726108 - 05/03/07 03:54 PM Re: American Idol CelticsPride
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I think it is going to be hard for Jordin to win given Melinda's continuous professionalism, but then again, Blake takes such big risks, he could sing the same song as the other two and make is sound TOTALLY different and end up winning.

Return to Top
#726114 - 05/03/07 03:59 PM Re: American Idol B_F
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
I always thought Melinda would win, but I now think that she is too professional. Don't get me wrong, I think she is great and will have a fabulous career, but I think when it comes down to it, Jordin and Blake will battle it out. Blake could pull it off, but I think Jordin has the personality, as well as the pipes, to take it.

Return to Top
#726125 - 05/03/07 04:12 PM Re: American Idol CelticsPride
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
Melinda sounds good and all, but her not having a neck of any sort freaks me the heck out...

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#726168 - 05/03/07 05:01 PM Re: American Idol CelticsPride
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
Originally Posted By: CelticsPride
I always thought Melinda would win, but I now think that she is too professional. Don't get me wrong, I think she is great and will have a fabulous career, but I think when it comes down to it, Jordin and Blake will battle it out. Blake could pull it off, but I think Jordin has the personality, as well as the pipes, to take it.

Melinda is outstanding, but I agree with you Celtic, I think it will come down to Jordin and Blake, with Jordin taking the win. All the teenie bopper girls are going to vote for Jordin, not for Melinda. Old fogies like me would vote for Melinda. (But golly Wally, they're both terrific!)

Return to Top
#726182 - 05/03/07 05:25 PM Re: American Idol *BUSTER*
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
Your guess is as good as mine
Originally Posted By: Maximus
Melinda sounds good and all, but her not having a neck of any sort freaks me the heck out...

Thanks, I have been trying to figure out what looked wrong with her. I can see that now.

Return to Top
#726245 - 05/03/07 06:22 PM Re: American Idol Roxy
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Roxy
Originally Posted By: Maximus

Thanks, I have been trying to figure out what looked wrong with her. I can see that now.

I did the same thing early on until someone pointed it out to me, and then it was really clear!

Phil may be nosferatu, but Melinda ia no-necked.

Fortunately for Melinda, she still performs far more consistantly and professionally than any other contestant ever on the show, and Lakisha makes her look GOOD.

Return to Top
#726349 - 05/03/07 07:29 PM Re: American Idol B_F
balancedbanker Offline
I agree. Melinda is good, but she doesn't have the personality. She is a great singer, but it takes the whole package to make it all work and sell an album. Take Carrie Underwood, she has it all, and she has gone so far. Looks, great personality, wonderful voice, and she is humble. Jordin has great potential, Blake will make it whether he wins or not, because of his versitility. Lakisha is probably next to go, although she does have a voice on her, but I don't see her making an album out of her voice, unless its a good Southern Gospel CD, which is cool also.

Return to Top
#726361 - 05/03/07 07:36 PM Re: American Idol balancedbanker
WesMantooth Offline
Gold Star
WesMantooth
San Diego
I don't know about Carrie being humble. I've heard she's a huge [censored].

Return to Top
#726369 - 05/03/07 07:40 PM Re: American Idol WesMantooth
balancedbanker Offline
I have met her and spent many days with her. She isn't at all. Down to earth and very pleasant to be around.

Return to Top
#726431 - 05/03/07 08:15 PM Re: American Idol balancedbanker
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Just watching the group as they awaited the results, it seemed that Melinda and Jordin were on the verge of freaking out. I can't imagine what the pressure is doing to young Jordin. Melinda at least has some professional experience to prepare her.

Return to Top
#726467 - 05/03/07 08:37 PM Re: American Idol balancedbanker
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: balancedbanker
I have met her and spent many days with her. She isn't at all. Down to earth and very pleasant to be around.

She got a bad rap recently because apparently she acted badly in public once and it was used to crucify her for being mean. Everyone gets stressed and irate, but if someone like her does, it can taint them because of the high profile.

Not that I don't agree based on everything else I've seen that she is down to earth and pleasant.

Return to Top
#727043 - 05/04/07 05:59 PM Re: American Idol B_F
balancedbanker Offline
I agree, it makes a difference when you are in the spotlight.

Return to Top
#727155 - 05/04/07 07:27 PM Re: American Idol balancedbanker
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Did I hear them say that next week they're singing Bee Gees' songs? Or did I just dream that?

Return to Top
#727158 - 05/04/07 07:33 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/?pid=797
I just looked it up - you're right! That's going to be fun!

Return to Top
#727652 - 05/07/07 05:48 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I'm not sure if they're singing Bee Gees or if they're just doing the disco thing.. I'm hoping it's a little broader than just Bee Gees' songs.

Return to Top
#728144 - 05/08/07 03:11 PM Re: American Idol Ops
~Special K~ Offline
Power Poster
~Special K~
RRFCG PM
Originally Posted By: Ops
I'm not sure if they're singing Bee Gees or if they're just doing the disco thing.. I'm hoping it's a little broader than just Bee Gees' songs.

From the link:
Next week, television’s most popular show heats up when the Top 4 finalists (Blake Lewis, LaKisha Jones, Jordin Sparks and Melinda Doolittle) compete head-to-head again on Tuesday, May 8 at 8/7c, only on FOX. Barry Gibb will mentor the contestants as they prepare to sing songs he made famous with the Bee Gees.

I'm a huge huge huge Bee Gees fan and I think this will be interesting to see. Nobody can reach that falsetto voice of Barry's!

Return to Top
#728711 - 05/09/07 12:35 PM Re: American Idol ~Special K~
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
What did everyone think? Overall, I was a little bit disappointed in the performances. I thought Jordin was the best of the night. I did not like either of Blake's songs, which surprised me because I thought this theme would lend itself to his beatboxing fairly well. My guess is that LaKisha will go home.

Was anyone else shocked at how old Barry Gibb looked? I guess I just don't think about some of these celebrities, particularly ones that aren't currently in the limelight, aging like the rest of us do.

Return to Top
#728714 - 05/09/07 12:43 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Dial Idol actually has Blake in first place with Jordin in second. Melinda is a distant 3rd and is actually in danger of going home, although they have Lakisha in last place.

Return to Top
Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22