Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
Thread Options
#728728 - 05/09/07 01:12 PM Re: American Idol thomasj
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
Looking at Barry Gibb was so strange. I don't know what it was exactly (his mouth maybe?), but every time he started to talk I expected to hear, "...walking upright, discovering fire, inventing the wheel. Sorry we couldn't get those to you sooner."

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#728732 - 05/09/07 01:17 PM Re: American Idol Bailey.
TXBSA Offline
100 Club
TX
I was disappointed with last night's performances too. I really liked Jordin and that was about it. The whole show seemed to drag on a bit.

Return to Top
#728753 - 05/09/07 01:39 PM Re: American Idol TXBSA
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I thought Blake was terrible for the first time. Especially on the first song. If he makes it thought this week, he better rethink his 'beat box all the time' theory...

Lakisha was 'eh'.

Melinda was good.

Jordin was slightly better than Melinda.

Based on performances, I think Blake should go home, but I think it'll be Lakisha. I think Blake deserves another week (at least he's something different)...

Return to Top
#728766 - 05/09/07 01:47 PM Re: American Idol MadisonCali
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
Jordin and Blake were my two favorites last night.

Melinda was okay, but she did nothing outstanding, plus she has no neck...

Lakisha has the pipes for sure, but last night showed me she doesn't have the control over her voice when she goes for the power notes.

Lakisha should go home this week.

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#728768 - 05/09/07 01:50 PM Re: American Idol *BUSTER*
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
watched the nets game mostly, but of what I saw, I would not vote for Blake

Return to Top
#728771 - 05/09/07 01:53 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Jordin should win the American Idol. I like Blake but did not like his first song so much. His second song I liked alot.

Melinda is Melinda nothing special anymore, nothing different.

Lakisha should go home.

Return to Top
#728825 - 05/09/07 02:29 PM Re: American Idol thomasj
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I've liked Blake all season, but wow, I did not like him last night. The beat boxing stuff was TOTALLY unnecessary and did not add to the song at all.

Lakisha was, in the immortal word of Randy Jackson, ahhaaaiiight, but nothing special.

Melinda was, well, Melinda. I agree with Paula about her. "What she was trying to say was" that Melinda may have peeked too early in the show, and now we EXPECT technical perfection from her and need something over the top for her to win it.

Meanwhile, Jordin has grown week to week, and last night, she blew me away. I think even Barry Gibb had a crush on her last night. She sounded fantastic, and looked great too! She deserves to win this one.

Return to Top
#728856 - 05/09/07 02:46 PM Re: American Idol Bailey.
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Originally Posted By: Bailey.
Looking at Barry Gibb was so strange. I don't know what it was exactly (his mouth maybe?), but every time he started to talk I expected to hear, "...walking upright, discovering fire, inventing the wheel. Sorry we couldn't get those to you sooner."

LOL @ Bailey! Hate to say it...but there WAS something weird about him last night.

I really didn't enjoy the "Bee Gees theme" as much as I had anticipated.

Return to Top
#728945 - 05/09/07 03:44 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I told my husband that it seemed to me that Barry's dentures were slipping, therefore he was talking very strangely. It was like he would barely open his mouth. Strange!

I always loved the Bee Gees as a kid and was really disappointed overall.

Return to Top
#729029 - 05/09/07 04:36 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I think the reason a lot of us were dissapointed by the Bee Gees theme is the simple fact that you're talking about songs written for Barry's falsetto! Just like when they try to sing Queen and we think something along the lines of well, it's not Freddy Mercury, or when they sing Whitney, Christina, or any of the other singers that the judges always say "DO NOT TRY TO SING LIKE AN ICON" Barry Gibb qualifies! NOONE sounds like Barry!

Return to Top
#729505 - 05/10/07 12:24 AM Re: American Idol B_F
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
The judges are really annoying me now. They say "Take a song and make it your own" and the minute someone does just that, they get ripped apart. "That song doesn't need anything extra - that song was just perfect the way it was written."

What do they want??? Do they know?? They can't have it both ways!!

Return to Top
#729535 - 05/10/07 11:51 AM Re: American Idol califgirl
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
You're right on that one Califgirl.

Anyhow, they drag who goes home too much. I loved seeing Pink.
I thought Lakisha would head home but it was still scary until the end.

Return to Top
#729573 - 05/10/07 01:01 PM Re: American Idol pjs
~Special K~ Offline
Power Poster
~Special K~
RRFCG PM
Barry's teeth (veneers sp?) are way too big for his mouth!!!When he talked his lips barely moved and his "S" words all had the shhhh sound schweet, schounded..etc! I love him but he needs to do something about that.

Pink's performance was pre-recorded, but i love that song.

Glas Lakisha went home, she seems like she didn't wanna be there half the time.

I hope Jordin goes all the way, I think she is beautiful and has a beautiful voice.
Last edited by Karen_kecu; 05/10/07 01:03 PM.
Return to Top
#729576 - 05/10/07 01:05 PM Re: American Idol ~Special K~
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Was it just me, or did their group number last night sound really really really messed up?!

Return to Top
#729579 - 05/10/07 01:08 PM Re: American Idol B_F
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan
Was it just me, or did their group number last night sound really really really messed up?!

It was definitely "off", BF.

Return to Top
#729583 - 05/10/07 01:09 PM Re: American Idol A_G
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
They had the mic problems at the beginning - but never really got back on track. I hate the Ford commercials!

Return to Top
#729585 - 05/10/07 01:12 PM Re: American Idol califgirl
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Originally Posted By: califgirl
The judges are really annoying me now. They say "Take a song and make it your own" and the minute someone does just that, they get ripped apart. "That song doesn't need anything extra - that song was just perfect the way it was written."

What do they want??? Do they know?? They can't have it both ways!!

You're right about that. Last year, I think in the finals, a song was hand-picked for Katherine by Simon Fuller (?), and Simon Cowell critized her for the song choice. She tried to explain that she didn't pick it, but it didn't help. It almost seems as though they pick who they want to win and then try to steer the voting in that direction.

Return to Top
#729592 - 05/10/07 01:16 PM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Pooh
It almost seems as though they pick who they want to win and then try to steer the voting in that direction.

There's no almost about it. That's why they are JUDGES and not simply commentators. Even negative comments can be tuned towards keeping someone from being kicked off. The judges know how to give a favorite just enough negative commentary to not only get the fans voting to prove them wrong, but to spur the contestant to do even better the next week.

Return to Top
#729645 - 05/10/07 02:00 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
The group number sucked last night.

Enjoyed Pink.

LaKisha wasn't a surprise...Melinda and Jordin will be the final two (as I called it many weeks ago).

Return to Top
#729658 - 05/10/07 02:10 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Ms. Biscuit
LaKisha wasn't a surprise...Melinda and Jordin will be the final two (as I called it many weeks ago). [/color][/b]

Even though they both deserve to be, I'm not so sure. I think that they split a lot of the votes. Blake is lucky because he is the only dude left and his style is much different. I think both those factors will put him into the final two. Think of all the teenie-boppers out there voting 100 times for Blake.

Return to Top
#729677 - 05/10/07 02:25 PM Re: American Idol A_G
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
Ms. Biscuit, I think the final 2 will be Jordin and Blake. No doubt Melinda has oodles of talent, but I think the teenie boppers will be voting for Jordin or Blake, not Melinda. Jordin for the win.

Return to Top
#729679 - 05/10/07 02:27 PM Re: American Idol Pepper's Sister
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Ok...as long as Jordin comes out victorious!

Return to Top
#729682 - 05/10/07 02:30 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
Originally Posted By: Ms. Biscuit
Ok...as long as Jordin comes out victorious!

I hear ya.....and I think she will!

Return to Top
#729697 - 05/10/07 02:41 PM Re: American Idol Miscuit
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
I think I may have to start voting again. If the purpose of the show is to find the 'next pop idol', then Melinda is not it. IMO, she would end up being another Fantasia, Reuben or Taylor, not a Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood. Jordin could be a Clarkson or Underwood. I really like Blake and think he will be another Chris Daughtry, Elliot Yamin - doesn't have to 'win' to be successful.

I was surprised a bit last night. I have been listening, but not really watching. Melinda seems to have lost the humble act. The look on her face was rather smug. I think I will start voting for Blake and Jordin in hopes of sending Melinda home.

Return to Top
#729734 - 05/10/07 03:10 PM Re: American Idol Snow Bunny
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I think Melinda, Blake, AND Jordin will all have excellent albums and good careers. Any one of them can be the next Clarkson/Underwood. They have the talent, the question is, does the label have the patience!?

Return to Top
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22