Learn More - Click Here!

Page 41 of 60 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 59 60
Thread Options
#729555 - 05/10/07 12:39 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
The name of the girl who befriended Ben when he arrived on the island and gave him the two dolls for his birthday was Anne. Was that the name of the woman who was shot and died either at the end of last year or the beginning of this year? If so, then Ben saved her when everyone else was gassed. Ben definitely is one twisted dude. The people in charge are not the good guys, but they seem to have control of the good people on the island.

Ben definitely is jealous that Lock heard Jacob. Wonder if Jacob will be able to save Lock?

I wonder if Jacob is the Black Smoke Thing that killed Mr Eko?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#729556 - 05/10/07 12:39 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I hope the island saves Locke. If it does, the Others will abandon Ben and follow Locke.

Return to Top
#729557 - 05/10/07 12:41 PM Re: Lost Nanwa
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
there is no way locke dies.

Return to Top
#729562 - 05/10/07 12:47 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
That's what I'm thinking. For having been shot in the chest, he didn't seem to be too badly hurt. As is typical with Lost, the more answers they give you, the more questions you end up with. The next two weeks will be Very Interesting.

Return to Top
#729565 - 05/10/07 12:54 PM Re: Lost Snow Bunny
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Jacob = Just another con of Ben

Return to Top
#729572 - 05/10/07 01:01 PM Re: Lost Pale Rider
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
locke definitely heard jacob. somebody said in an earlier post that ben is mad because he knows that locke heard jacob. i believe this to be true. ben is special but in a darth vader kind of way. locke is like a counterforce to him.

Return to Top
#729589 - 05/10/07 01:14 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Ben is like the crazy son in Psycho. Or the Walter Pidgeon father character in the iconic space movie from the 50's, where he can control the planet and the invisible monster that is killing off the good guys.

Return to Top
#729606 - 05/10/07 01:27 PM Re: Lost Pale Rider
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Ben is a con-man. His M.O. is controlling people, and it looks like he is loosing that control.

Return to Top
#729607 - 05/10/07 01:27 PM Re: Lost Pale Rider
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
Looked like it was more of a gut shot to me...

If Locke can remove the bullet, the island should heal him...

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#729634 - 05/10/07 01:53 PM Re: Lost *BUSTER*
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Maybe Locke had on a bullet proof vest the wound is superficial. But actually, I believe he will be somehow healed.

Wow! If you blinked at the wrong time, you'd have missed the revelation of the "person" sitting in the chair. Lost has turned into a horror flick.

The guy David referred to as "the dark recruiter".....I think they were "trying" to make him look younger by giving him long hair. If that is the case, it wasn't very effective.

I found it interesting that the "others" refused to obey Ben when Locke was beating the [censored] out of Patchy. And as with most "beating the [censored] out of someone" scenes, it became unrealistic when later, Patchy was sitting there in an awake an coherant state. Nope. That's not representive of reality.

Return to Top
#729642 - 05/10/07 01:57 PM Re: Lost swiggles
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Geez...I didn't know that words were automatically substituted with the word [censored]. I didn't think the "CR" word was that bad.....just to let you know that I didn't use the "SH" word.

Return to Top
#729646 - 05/10/07 02:00 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
Bank Angler Offline
Gold Star
Bank Angler
Just a short drive from Lake E...
I taped the show, and watched it in slo-mo, and there is a man in the chair for a few frames after Ben gets thrown against the wall. It looks like Locke, so could it be Locke's twin? Jacob and John? From the book Bad Twin, a transcript that was found in the wreckage, and an actual book based on this show.

Is Ben holding Jacob hostage? Is that why he doesn't take anyone there?

It appears that Ben is losing control of the "Others". When Locke was pounding Patchy and Ben called for Tom and Richard to do something, they just sat back. Juliette also wanted Ben killed.

Not sure we still know who the Hostiles are, though. Tough for me to believe that Richard is a Hostile unless he can adapt to the "Others" culture, form, and language. He didn't age at all, though, so that may be a special power of someone born on the island.

Ben killed his father, and wanted Locke to do the same, maybe to justify what Ben did? Also, Locke lied to Ben and told him that he actually killed Cooper. Why?

Good episode again, but really didn't answer too many questions.
|
|
¿ <°)))><

Return to Top
#729887 - 05/10/07 04:38 PM Re: Lost Bank Angler
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
There is definitely a "Bad Dad" theme on Lost, very similar to what we saw on Buffy. At the very least, there's a "Dead Dad" thing taking place.

Locke arranged to have his scumbag father, Cooper, killed by Sawyer. And Cooper was, metaphorically, Sawyer's father as well, since he was the impetus behind the transformation of James Ford to Sawyer.

Jack symbolically killed his alcoholic and emotionally abusive father by reporting him to the hospital board, which directly led to his dad drinking himself to death.

Kate blew up her mother-beating father.

Jin repudiated his (good guy) father and claimed he was dead.

Hurley's dad bailed on him, as a consequence of which Hurley became an obese sadsack. Then when good ol' Dad showed up again, Hurley (rightly) shunned him.

Ben, as we've seen, killed his father.

Shannon and Boone's father was in the same car crash as Jack's future (ex-)wife...Jack had to save her instead of him.

Sun's father hasn't been killed, but he's a major mob figure.

Claire's father is also Jack's father.

And the mothers, too, kinda are not good on this show. That is, where they even exist. Locke's mother is crazy, Kate's mother turned against her, Jin's mother is a blackmailing prostitute who abandoned him, Sawyer's mother fell victim to Cooper's con and was ready to bail on her family. If they aren't bad, they're dead or nearly...Claire's mom is in a coma, Ben's died in childbirth.

We don't know anything about the parents of Sayid, Desmond, or Charley, but we can assume they're evil. For that matter, Eko's parents were never seen, nor were those of Libby.

I think the only living non-evil parents we've seen have been Jin's father and Ana-Lucia's mother and Hurley's mother.

Strangely, both Jack and Ben have seen their dead parents on the island.

Return to Top
#729888 - 05/10/07 04:39 PM Re: Lost Bank Angler
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Some answers and more questions.

My wife saw the figure in the chair, but I missed it. If it did look similar to Locke, than that may expalin the reverence that the Others seem to have for him. I think I remember him having a 'positive experience' with the black smoke, so I'm thinking there is a connection. I too doubt that Locke will die, his character is becomming too important to the story.

I thought it was odd that they didn't reference what happened to Annie, which means that we will probably see or hear something about her in the future.

Ben's story about how the two groups (Dharma and hostiles) couldn't co-exist on the island seems to foreshadow a showdown between the Others and the Losties.

Maybe Ben has risen to power amongst the Others through his ability to communicate with Jacob. Locke is threatening that power.

Can't come-up with an explanation for Richard. He hasn't aged, and it doesn't seem to make sense for him to be deferring to Ben. Plus my wife and I always comment on how clean and well-kept (pretty) he looks for someone living in the woods.

Return to Top
#729898 - 05/10/07 04:47 PM Re: Lost Bankster
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
When Ben walked into the yard, wearing the gas mask, MOML said he thought he saw Annie on the ground amoung the dead. I saw the fleeting image of a person in Jacob's house during the fight with Ben.

Return to Top
#729938 - 05/10/07 05:21 PM Re: Lost Bankster
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
Maybe Ben has risen to power amongst the Others through his ability to communicate with Jacob. Locke is threatening that power.

bingo!

Return to Top
#730088 - 05/10/07 07:35 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
I wonder when or if they'll go back to make the connection about the giant foot.
And I also wonder when or if the will make claire and jack know they are related.
And why did Jacob say "Help Me", is Ben holding him prisoner? And does that stuff, that my husband claimed was gun powder (he's so strange) keep Jacob in a certain area, like he can't cross it or something?

Return to Top
#730097 - 05/10/07 07:41 PM Re: Lost Maxx
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
And why did Jacob say "Help Me", is Ben holding him prisoner? And does that stuff, that my husband claimed was gun powder (he's so strange) keep Jacob in a certain area, like he can't cross it or something?

that's what i'm thinking: although ben answers to jacob, ben asserts some control over him somehow.

Return to Top
#730109 - 05/10/07 07:50 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Has any pondering of the island being atlantis been kicked around?

Return to Top
#730121 - 05/10/07 07:56 PM Re: Lost Maxx
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
imo it seems more "special" world than "lost" world (no pun intended).

Return to Top
#730251 - 05/11/07 10:17 AM Re: Lost Hated By Some
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
OMG! You guys are making me laugh... and think!

I have watched LOST from the beginning...just when I think I've understood something.... I come here and read your comments.... and once again, I think to myself... Are we all watching the same show? ....hehehe..... Now I think I'm LOST.

Return to Top
#730270 - 05/11/07 12:32 PM Re: Lost swiggles
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: swiggles
Geez...I didn't know that words were automatically substituted with the word [censored]. I didn't think the "CR" word was that bad.....just to let you know that I didn't use the "SH" word.

I am shocked at your use of profanity, what the [censored] were you thinking?

Return to Top
#730428 - 05/11/07 03:06 PM Re: Lost Pale Rider
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Originally Posted By: swiggles

I am shocked at your use of profanity, what the [censored] were you thinking?

Ha.....I just realized that the email transmission I received shows your censored word rather than the word [censored]. So I guess if you want to see things plain language, you have to make the topic a favorite and ask for email notification. And as I'm typing, I can look up to the "quote" section and the word is there also...not censored.....yet. But when I click submit, it's then censored. I'm probably the only one who didn't know all this.

Return to Top
#730470 - 05/11/07 03:32 PM Re: Lost swiggles
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
wow, I didnt' know that Swiggles, so you see you know more than me about this site

Return to Top
#731845 - 05/15/07 03:07 AM Re: Lost Pale Rider
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Whew Hoo! I called into The Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack" and my theory was voted "Theory of the Week"! If you listen to episode 2.48 (from Monday - 5/14) I'm on at 52:18. What an honor. I'll have to add this to my resume'.

If you're not familiar with this show, I believe it is the best analysis of Lost (and not just because they played my voice mail). They produce a show immediately following each Wednesday night episode (recapping the show) and another one on Sundays (comes out on Mondays) with more analysis.

Return to Top
Page 41 of 60 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 59 60